Blaine County & It's portrayal (?)

marbella mondays

10 minutes ago, Gall said:

It's a bit stretched beyond limits when it develops into a local trend and groups of people start to talk that way. Individuals who moved over, sure I guess. They'd have no reason to move to Sandy Shores either way if they're from Southern states, the town's in shambles. On a hypothetical level though, if they did move over for whatever reason, it wouldn't amount to a large population.

Validated point. This is a major sector of said concern that needs addressing.

Like most people have said, I generally think GTA V is to blame for the mindset cause every character in Blaine is portrayed as some weird redneck hick. 

Personally I dont have an issue with the portrayal though, it's kind of nice to have something different from the city. Though, I can see why people would get annoyed. 

• Upvote 1

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
I'd been married long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?

No, seriously now. It's 21st century and technology reached most of homes around the world. I know I know, people have fun portraying someone from a land where foxes say goodnight. But honestly driving old car from 50s 60s, was alright 40 years ago. 

One of my characters is living in the countryside, but she is driving a Rebla GTS and has a new gaming rig in her house? Why should I be bashed for bad portrayal, when it's technically a standard even in my own way behind after everyone country?

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
I'd been married long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?

No, seriously now. It's 21st century and technology reached most of homes around the world. I know I know, people have fun portraying someone from a land where foxes say goodnight. But honestly driving old car from 50s 60s, was alright 40 years ago. 

One of my characters is living in the countryside, but she is driving a Rebla GTS and has a new gaming rig in her house? Why should I be bashed for bad portrayal, when it's technically a standard even in my own way behind after everyone country?

$300,000 cars don't fit in with the atmosphere of the county just like IRL cars don't fit in with GTA V's atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

It does not matter really, it is a SUV, I could park a Kamacho there. Not everyone living on the countryside is poor.

Not at all the point I was making, doesn't make sense for someone with a $500,000 car to be living in a run-down city like Sandy Shores.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Desert Shores, and for the people around Palm Desert, and the US side of the Sonora Desert where DS is located... nobody speaks like they're rednecks.

With a little research into Palm Desert and Desert Shores, Palm Desert seems to not resemble of anything even remotely in Blaine County (Maybe places like Chumash or Paleto) and Desert Shores itself is also a very odd place. Because Palm Deserts is VERY developed and even Desert Shores is filled with houses not a mix mash of small crappy houses and trailers in what looks like a super rundown area or even a place full of farmland like Grapeseed. Blaine even has a place based off California's Slab City and, at least from what I've seen on the internet and heard of it, is full of some very very interesting people. And Sandy Shores, which is said to be based off Joshua Tree and Niland, only really resembles Niland which is also full of very interesting and colorful people.

As many other people have said, some of the people Roleplaying in Blaine roleplay as locals and some roleplay as people from the opposite ends of the country and some roleplay from the other ends of the world. Just like the Real United States, California included, there's all sorts of different kinds of people from all corners of the earth that manage to find themselves in some of the oddest places, small ones included.

As for the issue with the way some people speak In-game and what not, If you actually incorporate all off the places that Blaine County resemble in the base game  you can't at all complain about what kind of people you run in to out there. Because there's so many types of places that GTA 5 injected into the county it's insane. To add to the way people speak and portray themselves. I've lived in western US all my life and only ever lived in California, Arizona, Oregon, and Colorado.  The way people pronounce crap over here is all over the place from very formal "you are" to "yer", "t'one" to "the one" and so on.

When it comes to people out there being like "ahh I hate city folk", that mostly comes from IC situations that have continued to evolve out there from when more often then not, random people clearly from LS (from street gangs to more organized crime type individuals) decide to come out to Blaine to conduct robberies on individual(s), extortion, or just to cause a ruckus. That aspect of it, from my experience of 5 months in Blaine, stems from people like that coming from LS into the county and doing some rather stupid things.

There may be a few bad apples as there are with anything in life, but I don't see an issues with the majority of people who roleplay in Blaine County as of right now. I don't see any need to address this 'problem' as there doesn't seem to even be one.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Applaud 6

All that “fer” stuff is stupid. I can’t take people who type like they serious. The second I see people type like that I typically avoid them like the plague. It’s grammatically wrong, it’s phonetic garbage. And it’s something people were doing on other servers. Really reminds me of CHC from nearly a decade ago. I speak with a southern accent, and I’ve never typed “fur’ yuak’auh ‘gueh’sue’nurrr fush’!”. It’s trash bag roleplay, you’re just as bad as a mallrat in the traditional sense. 

Not sure what OP expected when making this thread, obviously just to bash Blaine County. If management feels like it's an issue they will implement rules and moderate how Sandy Shores "speaks". (Still makes me laugh that people just get so upset over it) 

So if someone could lock and archive this, since like all those other "Area & portrayal" threads have worked out so well in the past. 

• Upvote 1
  • Moonsong locked and unlocked this topic