Vehicle Inventory Overhaul

Wisci

So, a lot of people have been asking about this vehicle being that weight and that vehicle being this weight, and I thought I'd take it upon myself to try to offer an optimal solution. Attached you will find my recommendations to correct the existing vehicle inventory sizes to be most appropriate, taking into consideration the existing values, body style, and how that vehicle compares in terms of size to other similar vehicles.

I first documented all the existing vehicles, then proceeded to take an average for each body type where possible, before going in game and spawning vehicles side by side with one another and comparing them based on a series of (mostly eyeballed) factors. Conditions like missing a trunk, having a convertible top, and engine placement were also taken into consideration, resulting in adjustments away from the average.

I decided that as part of this I'd need to add a larger variety of weights, but I wanted to keep it still sort of uniform and restricted to only so many sizes, so I created a three tier system with higher density on the bottom that would hopefully be clear to understand and not get too crowded.

• 0KG
  • 5, 10, 15, 20KG
  • 30, 40, 50, 60KG
  • 80, 100, 120, 140KG

I'd love to go into detail about each type and quite a few special cases, but I'd rather just post a Q&A and suggestions board to see what people think, rather than do any more extensive writing. You can find the list here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iUzfBEe_pTH_jeZeaLqMcO0ub8ouWB7afJs6Z5ekYZM/edit?usp=sharing

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already discussed the Bodhi on Discord but felt it's needed to explain my reasons for suggesting a boost to 60kg. It's a retired military truck with a large bed and has a relatively powerful engine, making it very capable of transporting large loads. After all, it's based off a Kaiser Jeep. 

When comparing it to other vehicles, it is much larger and more powerful than a Rat-Loader or Rebel, as both are small pickup trucks with smaller engines while a Bodhi is a straight up beast.

On 1/1/2018 at 8:17 PM, Rahikeru said:

Already discussed the Bodhi on Discord but felt it's needed to explain my reasons for suggesting a boost to 60kg. It's a retired military truck with a large bed and has a relatively powerful engine, making it very capable of transporting large loads. After all, it's based off a Kaiser Jeep. 

When comparing it to other vehicles, it is much larger and more powerful than a Rat-Loader or Rebel, as both are small pickup trucks with smaller engines while a Bodhi is a straight up beast.

I've looked at this. Right now I have it a step above the Rebel at 50kg vs 40kg, and I ended up looking at things and deciding to nerf the Rat-Loader pretty heavily based on price and just the fact that it's a 1930s truck falling apart at this point. The Bodhi is a vehicle from the 1960s and in terms of bed space it is a bit lackluster (in comparison to 60kg vehicles). While yeah, you can stack things, that's only applicable when explicitly using stack-able objects. It's already looking at a 10kg buff from its existing capacity.

3 hours ago, Wisci said:

I've looked at this. Right now I have it a step above the Rebel at 50kg vs 40kg, and I ended up looking at things and deciding to nerf the Rat-Loader pretty heavily based on price and just the fact that it's a 1930s truck falling apart at this point. The Bodhi is a vehicle from the 1960s and in terms of bed space it is a bit lackluster (in comparison to 60kg vehicles). While yeah, you can stack things, that's only applicable when explicitly using stack-able objects. It's already looking at a 10kg buff from its existing capacity.

I understand that, but I am taking into consideration that the Bodhi is not just any pickup truck - it's a robust truck based off a military vehicle, which is more than capable of shifting heavier loads, especially giving its ramming power compared to other pickup trucks of its size.

Addition:

The Bobcat XL has a comparable bed size to the Bodhi. It is also somewhat equal, or at least negotiable, when it comes to performance. Both vehicles are capable of towing vehicles. The Bobcat XL is also incapable of carrying more than one passenger.