Pillbox Hill Hospital & You

Mecovy

2 hours ago, CatHusky said:

Glad you enjoyed it man! It was great having you with us and I enjoyed it thoroughly as well - Dr Reese.

Onto the topic we’ve been discussing internally, we’d like some feedback from the community on this - is there any diversity in roleplay you would like to see us at Pillbox provide? 

As of now, PHMC serves generally as a dumping ground for a lot of FD’s patients and mostly as a trauma centre - we are looking and making rapid advancements in providing surgical treatments - however, we do want to provide more lower level and personal treatments to people; some have suggested physiotherapy and I would love to follow through on this for those that want it - except I nor anyone else has any idea how to actually do it. 

So the question comes down to what you guys would like to see?

Public first aid courses?

Health seminars?

An entirely different branch of medical expertise in the hospital?

We also want to better understand how we can make roleplay better for those on the receiving end of medical treatments. I understand a lot of the people being treated may not understand what pulse oximetry is or what your heart rate or BP does when you’re shot. So the question comes to how you would like us to handle those, would you like us to guide your roleplay (which personally I’m not a fan of)? And is there anything we can do to make the receiving end more engaging/fun/immersive? As I understand some may feel it’s a bit boring

First aid courses would be fun, a walk-in center too.

4 hours ago, TinPan said:

To be honest, I think PHMC in it's current state is great. The roleplay I recently had there a few days ago with the Doctor's that were on duty who provided treatment to my Deputy after being shot was fantastic, and activity aside; there's only one thing that needs to be done to truly bring out the high quality of roleplay that Pillbox Hill provides.

It's a controversial one and one that may get some backlash, but I genuinely believe that Mount Zonah, St. Fiarce and Davis Central should be completely removed; with Pillbox becoming the only hospital in the city that pretty much all patients are sent too who can't be given treatment at the clinic's in Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay by FD.

The rest as far as I'm concerned after about 2 years of play-time on the server have never been used in any capacity whatsoever. The three hospital's that I listed for removal are only ever used for the sake of injuries being NPC'd, which in tandem with never being staffed as well as having the generic Coroner's interior that is nowhere near the quality that is put into Pillbox Hill's interior; there's honestly no need to have them as far as I for one am concerned.

Pillbox Hill is the most centralized hospital in the entire city due to it being situated in a manner that means ambulances can get anywhere in the city in under 2 - 3 minutes, every other hospital witin Los Santos that is present is basically completely useless as far as I for one am personally concerned. This is at the end of the day a roleplay server; there's no point in keeping hospitals around purely for the sake of NPC'ing someone's recovery if there's an opportunity for someone to have a chance to actually RP their recovery in a hospital with actual doctor's around.

Very well written.

You should write that up in suggestions, I'm sure you would get a lot of support I know I'd give it a 👍

6 hours ago, -CASE- said:

Very well written.

You should write that up in suggestions, I'm sure you would get a lot of support I know I'd give it a 👍

I have written one up, but the support for it very clearly is not there considering the number of people who have stood against it; despite the number of people here in this thread who do support the idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys! We were curious if the broader community could provide us some feedback based on their experiences with us, and also maybe tell us about what we could change or do that might help up improve and become more desirable to interact with or join. I'd really appreciate the feedback! 

A few examples of questions we'd like to see answered: 

What has your experience with PHMC been like? Either as a patient, or even as a former member. 

What kind of jobs/roles would people be interested in within the faction? 

If you are interested in possibly joining the faction, what barriers to entry are discouraging you? (Fearing you lack the training/knowledge, fearing the existing barriers to entry)

What other ideas do you guys have that might help us improve?

EDIT: Also if anything -is- interested in checking out what we have to offer, go here! https://phmc.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=106&sid=59df6d7b338e0a8daf7342fc9a3b891e

Edited by TheSenate

I've been through as a patient a couple times the past month or so, which before that it had been a very long time since the schedules lined up. Didn't really know what to expect but I was happy to see that there wasn't an expectation for me to roleplay at a doctor's level knowledge which is always my fear. However it is a bit of a catch-22 as you do still want to feel like you're being roleplayed with rather than at. Not the easiest to balance which tends to be the same case in FD too. I liked the process of being moved from ICU to beds, having doctor check ins and so forth. The process can at times feel a bit static, perhaps physically getting the patient to move around the hospital to various equipment for tests might also help patients feel more engaged and explore your large facilities. I think you're well equipped for roleplay on your end its just a matter of what a patient can potentially bring you in terms of unique injuries and circumstances.

Personally, hospital RP doesn't interest me but the lack of knowledge is a real fear. I felt the same when I first joined FD, and felt the same way in presence of those with really advanced medical knowledge compared to mine.

3 hours ago, Blorple said:

I've been through as a patient a couple times the past month or so, which before that it had been a very long time since the schedules lined up. Didn't really know what to expect but I was happy to see that there wasn't an expectation for me to roleplay at a doctor's level knowledge which is always my fear. However it is a bit of a catch-22 as you do still want to feel like you're being roleplayed with rather than at. Not the easiest to balance which tends to be the same case in FD too. I liked the process of being moved from ICU to beds, having doctor check ins and so forth. The process can at times feel a bit static, perhaps physically getting the patient to move around the hospital to various equipment for tests might also help patients feel more engaged and explore your large facilities. I think you're well equipped for roleplay on your end its just a matter of what a patient can potentially bring you in terms of unique injuries and circumstances.

Personally, hospital RP doesn't interest me but the lack of knowledge is a real fear. I felt the same when I first joined FD, and felt the same way in presence of those with really advanced medical knowledge compared to mine.

As someone whose been with the faction basically since day one, honestly, do not worry about medical knowledge at all, even if you join the faction as a member of medical staff. We pretty much get most of our enjoyment out of teaching people stuff about medicine, /but/, our main philosophy is essentially that things should be kept simple for the patient. We're trying to iron away the old medical rp standard of 'what is your pulse per minute' or 'what is your end tidal carbon dioxide volume' and other bulky, unnecessary OOC questions patients are often bombarded with. Because who the fuck would know what any of that means? Our faction mostly prioritizes fun, and atmospheric roleplay more than pure medicine. We give our members tons of resources to use, plus the people who actually are in the medical field in the faction are mostly here to teach people stuff. Its what we enjoy doing the most, and we hate for anyone to feel uncomfortable, because we're /the/ hospital, and your character and yourself should feel like its an approachable place for roleplay. Our staff have the resources to make up vitals depending on how your character is roleplaying, and hey, if you have no idea what to roleplay as a condition, we can find one for you in a second if you just PM us.

Unfortunately we're facing two main issues, we have very few staff, while very active, cant cover the hospital 24/7, so we often have people say, 'well i cant even reach PHMC sometimes' or 'I was left for hours on end without roleplay because all the nurses and doctors were busy'. Well yeah, we have maybe 25 members, and usually 2-6 on at a time, and with patient volumes in the dozens a day. We're gonna miss people, and we're gonna have to prioritize a lot.

if you ever want to try hospital out, its great, but its even better with more people. if you ever have questions you can always join the discord or ask literally any of us. We're always willing to help!

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic