Pillbox Hill Hospital & You

Mecovy

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate everyone that takes time out of their RP to come into the ER and pursue some medical RP, particularly those who do it completely willingly for the sake of their personal story, making the hospital feel alive and buzzing with activity so that it's a lot more than just the place to heal up your bullet holes and patch up your bones after a car crash.

Big shoutout to all faction members who are also incredibly helpful to all of us interns, many of whom have no prior medical RP experience and who are trying their best to keep the standards up.

You guys are awesome.

• Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, Koko said:

Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate everyone that takes time out of their RP to come into the ER and pursue some medical RP, particularly those who do it completely willingly for the sake of their personal story, making the hospital feel alive and buzzing with activity so that it's a lot more than just the place to heal up your bullet holes and patch up your bones after a car crash.

Big shoutout to all faction members who are also incredibly helpful to all of us interns, many of whom have no prior medical RP experience and who are trying their best to keep the standards up.

You guys are awesome.

Thanks, I went there one time to get plan B and I really think I deserved credit for it!

Jokes aside, great RP!

• 4 months later...

Bumping this. It's been a couple of months but we're still seeking feedback from the community.

How can we make hospital roleplay better and more appealing to you? What would you like to see changed? What are your main concerns or questions about PHMC? What do you like most and least about us? What would convince you to join us?

We'll have a staff meeting this coming weekend so your input would be greatly appreciated. 

I recommend putting your discord in several different locations - especially on this threat at the first post. 

I also recommend making an "appointment" section in said discord (I can't see it if there IS one and I'm set to no roles... So perhaps adding a channel that people can access to make said appointments would be great. I know that all of you can't be on all the time and this could make a lot of different opportunities happen. 

Let your receptionists take care of that mostly. I refer a lot of people to that discord TO make appointments because I think that's the best way to go.

To be honest, I think PHMC in it's current state is great. The roleplay I recently had there a few days ago with the Doctor's that were on duty who provided treatment to my Deputy after being shot was fantastic, and activity aside; there's only one thing that needs to be done to truly bring out the high quality of roleplay that Pillbox Hill provides.

It's a controversial one and one that may get some backlash, but I genuinely believe that Mount Zonah, St. Fiarce and Davis Central should be completely removed; with Pillbox becoming the only hospital in the city that pretty much all patients are sent too who can't be given treatment at the clinic's in Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay by FD.

The rest as far as I'm concerned after about 2 years of play-time on the server have never been used in any capacity whatsoever. The three hospital's that I listed for removal are only ever used for the sake of injuries being NPC'd, which in tandem with never being staffed as well as having the generic Coroner's interior that is nowhere near the quality that is put into Pillbox Hill's interior; there's honestly no need to have them as far as I for one am concerned.

Pillbox Hill is the most centralized hospital in the entire city due to it being situated in a manner that means ambulances can get anywhere in the city in under 2 - 3 minutes, every other hospital witin Los Santos that is present is basically completely useless as far as I for one am personally concerned. This is at the end of the day a roleplay server; there's no point in keeping hospitals around purely for the sake of NPC'ing someone's recovery if there's an opportunity for someone to have a chance to actually RP their recovery in a hospital with actual doctor's around.

Edited by TinPan
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, TinPan said:

It's a controversial one and one that may get some backlash, but I genuinely believe that Mount Zonah, St. Fiarce and Davis Central should be completely removed; with Pillbox becoming the only hospital in the city that pretty much all patients are sent too who can't be given treatment at the clinic's in Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay by FD.

Preach my man! Preach!

For real though, Pillbox is the only hospital that I think should be allowed to be used. Close the rest (keep Sandy Shores / Paleto Bay ofc). As a member of PD, if I'm forced to self transport then I'm going to PHMC, not Davis/Zonah/etc.

• Upvote 3
41 minutes ago, TinPan said:

To be honest, I think PHMC in it's current state is great. The roleplay I recently had there a few days ago with the Doctor's that were on duty who provided treatment to my Deputy after being shot was fantastic, and activity aside; there's only one thing that needs to be done to truly bring out the high quality of roleplay that Pillbox Hill provides.

The rest as far as I'm concerned after about 2 years of play-time on the server have never been used in any capacity whatsoever. The three hospital's that I listed for removal are only ever used for the sake of injuries being NPC'd, which in tandem with never being staffed as well as having the generic Coroner's interior that is nowhere near the quality that is put into Pillbox Hill's interior; there's honestly no need to have them as far as I for one am concerned.

Pillbox Hill is the most centralized hospital in the entire city due to it being situated in a manner that means ambulances can get anywhere in the city in under 2 - 3 minutes, every other hospital witin Los Santos that is present is basically completely useless as far as I for one am personally concerned. This is at the end of the day a roleplay server; there's no point in keeping hospitals around purely for the sake of NPC'ing someone's recovery if there's an opportunity for someone to have a chance to actually RP their recovery in a hospital with actual doctor's around.

Perfectly written. I compare the hospital NPC circumstances to that of a suggestion I read before on this forum/SD forum (can't remember which). The suggestion was to utilize the GTA V singleplayer prison as a facility for lifers. However, that was quickly denied due to the fact that it would split up RP just as if other jail places were implemented. Who is to say that is any different for hospitals? If you're splitting up people, they're forced to NPC once they're dropped off. Having the Pillbox Hill as the only hospital in the city would make for better RP for all parties involved (those who are injured, FD, and for hospital staff).

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, TinPan said:

Glad you enjoyed it man! It was great having you with us and I enjoyed it thoroughly as well - Dr Reese.

Onto the topic we’ve been discussing internally, we’d like some feedback from the community on this - is there any diversity in roleplay you would like to see us at Pillbox provide? 

As of now, PHMC serves generally as a dumping ground for a lot of FD’s patients and mostly as a trauma centre - we are looking and making rapid advancements in providing surgical treatments - however, we do want to provide more lower level and personal treatments to people; some have suggested physiotherapy and I would love to follow through on this for those that want it - except I nor anyone else has any idea how to actually do it. 

So the question comes down to what you guys would like to see?

Public first aid courses?

Health seminars?

An entirely different branch of medical expertise in the hospital?

We also want to better understand how we can make roleplay better for those on the receiving end of medical treatments. I understand a lot of the people being treated may not understand what pulse oximetry is or what your heart rate or BP does when you’re shot. So the question comes to how you would like us to handle those, would you like us to guide your roleplay (which personally I’m not a fan of)? And is there anything we can do to make the receiving end more engaging/fun/immersive? As I understand some may feel it’s a bit boring

Edited by CatHusky
  • Wuhtah locked this topic