Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

24 minutes ago, Italiano said:

So? Pulling a weapon on someone who’s hasn’t presented a threat is just bad portrayal. Using it as a defense if your life is in danger is fine. They aren’t supposed to be cops which is how many of them act. 

the fact it is illegal does not make it bad portrayal. Look up and see how many accidents with security guards happen, look at the ways of operation and you'll see what shit actually goes down.

Security guards IRL act like cops, more than 50% of them, IT's why some are there. Some are police drop-outs, other cant even meet the criteria. That's aboslutely fine and realistic to portray in game as well.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

the fact it is illegal does not make it bad portrayal. Look up and see how many accidents with security guards happen, look at the ways of operation and you'll see what shit actually goes down.

Security guards IRL act like cops, more than 50% of them, IT's why some are there. Some are police drop-outs, other cant even meet the criteria. That's aboslutely fine and realistic to portray in game as well.

If you say so. Don’t you wonder why people complain about security officer portrayal so much? What you’re doing isn’t realistic but I guess we’ll agree to disagree. You do you boo 👍 Have a good one. 

Edited by Italiano
Just now, Italiano said:

If you say so. It’s no secret that people dislike the portrayal of G6. Agree to disagree. You do you boo. 

People who dislike us are louder than people who like us, all I can say is that the faction keeps growing in a positive direction. Cannot say no to the fact we're the longest lasting and most developed security faction out there.

Have there been accidents? Yeah, so do have LSPD, FD and all other factions. It's more fun and people like to hate more on a private faction like us though.

Barely anyone on this server knows what our company actually does and how it's actually being portrayed. People often PM me about things they /thought/ we do, that we do not.

1 hour ago, Italiano said:

I agree but to chime in here…. Guards on here seem to think that pulling a weapon is okay to do as a good offense, not defense. This is not realistic and not a good portrayal of a real security faction no matter which way you slice it. 

Real security people don't have to deal with daily incidents and a crime rate higher than europe.

I saw a G6 officer roaming in Davis and checking abandoned police cars, which was odd. No shade to him, but he was stopped in an alleyway just chilling with his lights on and argued that because he was in his car and armed he was okay. Keep in mind this is realistically in a known gang neighborhood at night, where shootings frequently occur, not to mention people in this area are known to shoot at cops. This isn't meant to be as bashing, but more of a suggestion to improve the faction. Maybe just... stay out of the Davis area as its not gonna make much sense for uniformed security to roam around the area.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Bauer said:

I saw a G6 officer roaming in Davis and checking abandoned police cars, which was odd. No shade to him, but he was stopped in an alleyway just chilling with his lights on and argued that because he was in his car and armed he was okay. Keep in mind this is realistically in a known gang neighborhood at night, where shootings frequently occur, not to mention people in this area are known to shoot at cops. This isn't meant to be as bashing, but more of a suggestion to improve the faction. Maybe just... stay out of the Davis area as its not gonna make much sense for uniformed security to roam around the area.

Hey o7

I'm the guy ya spoke to. I do get your point of view, and I'll try to take on the suggestion!

As for 'checking abandoned police cars', it was only really because a pair of people were kicking a sheriffs vehicle parked in a backyard. But I'll definently be just calling once and heading out from now on.

Thank you!

Edited by Coburn
22 hours ago, Italiano said:

Pulling a weapon on someone who’s hasn’t presented a threat is just bad portrayal.

With the current trend of 9/10 traffic stops over questionable driving or a broken turn signal suddenly escalating to 2-3 police officers gunned down by upwards of four different firearms, I'm going to give responders of any variety a bit more leeway in how they respond.

As others have pointed out, we've left the realm of realistic roleplay a long time ago. As long as nobody takes the unrealistic crime rate seriously, nobody's going to be surprised that security or any other occupation is a little less driven to achieve realistic representation.

Edited by DasFroggy
On 9/25/2021 at 8:12 PM, Italiano said:

If you say so. Don’t you wonder why people complain about security officer portrayal so much? What you’re doing isn’t realistic but I guess we’ll agree to disagree. You do you boo 👍 Have a good one. 

As a former security agent, at least seventy percent of the agents that I've encountered were wanna-be Law enforcement officers that engaged in A LOT of acts of corruption within the workplace, with egos higher than most Law enforcement officers. 

It's common in the U.S., and a good chunk of security agents lose their jobs, within the first couple months, after using excessive force.

EDIT: In the end? I.C. mess-ups lead to I.C. action... keep it I.C... if you witness on act of corruption or excessive force? Take it to court AND/OR expose the company. 

"Yoska Makula v. Gruppe Sechs et al." was fun to R.P.

I'm not a member of Gruppe Sechs.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1

I have so far only had positive experiences with this faction. I loved the way they handled Peter and the RP to install the security systems was great. They were very thorough both IC and OOC in explaining things. My two encounters outside of that was meeting one on the street and one time they called me because I left my door unlocked. They have their haters for whatever reason, valid or not, it hasn't been my personal experience. Security agencies aren't held to the same standards the police may be. Less training, less motivated stuff, lower paychecks. I've seen better conduct from G6 then I've seen some some members of Law Enforcement. Also one guy in training doing something silly doesn't reflect on the WHOLE faction and can easily be reported ICly or OOCly based on the conduct type.

Edited by Tickle
  • Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic