Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

8 minutes ago, joshua said:

gruppe 6 itself is a fairly nice faction. i've had good experiences with a few of the fac's members here and there, changing depending on which character i'm on. @Biscuit(?) i believe is one of the members that have shined out to me for nice, realistic portrayal on the personality side (idk bout that hair tho.......). but as for actual feedback, i'd say g6 are taking far too much IC crisitiscm OOC, particularly remembering back to me having caused trouble with them and immediately being harassed in PMs or flash-reported for it, with the admin confirming said problems were pretty much solely IC. i think you guys just need to work on taking IC issues in stride, and not dipping as OOC with it because it just makes you guys look pretty foolish.

other than that, nice job

they call me charmander for a reason rawr

The only way to combat people ICly acting as cops is to document it and report it (if possible - if not, then make it possible). I personally don't think that's realistic. Yes, it may happen in real life, but those are exceptions. The vast majority of security guards do not go around acting as police officers, pulling people over and establishing such authority. Yes, there's definitely some who do this, but we, on GTA World, do not roleplay exceptions, unless there's a strong reason and development leading up to it. That's literally how roleplay works.

I'm sure there's some members of the faction who break rules. That's not good but we can all agree it's normal. It's unrealistic to expect any structure whatsoever to work perfectly, in every single way possible. People are bashing on Gruppe 6 but let's remember that people are bashing on every single faction out there, more or less, legal faction or not, for a bunch of reasons. We've all seen people be highly against PD/SD, people being against gangs, mobs (especially on extortion). I don't think that G6 is experiencing any more or less negative feedback than PD is, for example.

Just keep up the good work and keep improving. I really like Gruppe 6 as a whole.

I think that every tree has its bad apples, just as every faction has members with questionable roleplay. 

I've always had a positive experience with this faction and I'm glad to see you guys going strong after all this time. Respect for opening a thread to get feedback and deal with criticism!

I work in and have worked in the private security sector for the past 11 years with 4 of those years working as an operations manager for a private firm before moving to directing security at a larger company, so I just wanna dispell some stuff I've seen here:

- Yes, security officers carry guns in the US if asked to do so buy a customer, or if the firm so chooses for motor patrol and alarm response. That's why we have a 'guard card' system on GTAW that allows security guards to open carry.

- Patrol vehicles for security companies are real and prevalent. They are, once again, mainly used for alarm response and motor patrolling for contracted businesses. If you see a Gruppe 6 vehicle at a crime scene, it most likely means that Gruppe 6 responded to an alarm at that scene and a) called the police b) showed up around the same time as the police. In these situations, private security defers to PD in all things. Typically, if I would respond to an alarm and there was property damage etc., I would notify the police and hand over my incident report along with anything else I could provide. This is an integral part of private security.

Those were the main 2 things I wanted to clear. Has the role play quality I've seen from Gruppe (admittedly I've seen little) been exemplary? No. But the idea they are trying to role play is not weird or outside the scope of a private security firm.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:29 AM, Entity said:

The only way to combat people ICly acting as cops is to document it and report it (if possible - if not, then make it possible). I personally don't think that's realistic. Yes, it may happen in real life, but those are exceptions. The vast majority of security guards do not go around acting as police officers, pulling people over and establishing such authority. Yes, there's definitely some who do this, but we, on GTA World, do not roleplay exceptions, unless there's a strong reason and development leading up to it. That's literally how roleplay works.

I'm sure there's some members of the faction who break rules. That's not good but we can all agree it's normal. It's unrealistic to expect any structure whatsoever to work perfectly, in every single way possible. People are bashing on Gruppe 6 but let's remember that people are bashing on every single faction out there, more or less, legal faction or not, for a bunch of reasons. We've all seen people be highly against PD/SD, people being against gangs, mobs (especially on extortion). I don't think that G6 is experiencing any more or less negative feedback than PD is, for example.

Just keep up the good work and keep improving. I really like Gruppe 6 as a whole.

I laboured within a small security firm for four years. Every one, in that firm, were wanna-be Law enforcement officers, former officers, or military veterans except for probably 6-7 of them, which would be 7-8, if you included my self, within a company that has around 100 members. It's realistic.

Edited by DLimit
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 12:52 AM, effion said:

Warnings will be handed out to people that are only here to stir drama.

If you have an issue with the faction's portrayal make a faction report.

If you have an issue with certain players then make a player report. Simple as.

• Upvote 1

I like G6 for the most part, haven't had any bad interactions personally with them. Kinda sucks seeing the OOC hatred and bashing of their group right now because of everything happening IC, one mishap and it's up in flames. Honestly, I have no complaints on my end from them. 

I think Gruppe Six is a great idea.

The key issue I see for them, and a constant challenge that they must face are unrealistic restrictions that are placed on them, largely in the form of non-lethal subdual options not being provided to them.

My request would be that G6 be allowed non-lethal subdual options, and by that I'm meaning tasers / batons etc.

While I am finding the current IC events around G6 an interesting microcosm of real life - especially the 'social media war' on both sides - I do feel that had G6 had realistic methods available to them (to subdue without killing the perps), at the recent event, there would have been a very likely different outcome than what we see right now.

TLDR? Provide non-lethal take down options to G6.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1