Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

59 minutes ago, Briutas said:

Ever since I contracted G6 over half a year ago I noticed a lot of people hating on the faction, but I chose to ignore it and see how the RP goes.

From my experience G6 is a very good portrayal of regular security companies that patrol businesses, warehouses, respond to alarms and provide other services. Yes, I did have couple occasions of a member having bad roleplay or simply a bad portrayal, lack of passive rp. But as ZaXer pointed out they are entry level faction and it is nice to see members of the community enjoying the security role and I am sure higher ranking members in t the faction are there to help and teach them.

I remember one day I logged in early afternoon and my character stepped outside and it just so happened there were two security officers checking up on the property. I roleplayed drinking a cup of coffee as I just woken up and had a chat with them, It was super immersive way to start my gaming session.

Other times I had it when I had to press a panic button and G6 showed up faster than the police and created an amazing RP scene.

Also I have never seen G6 act like the police, no idea where that comes from.

10/10 faction keep doing what you doing much love.

I remember, that was me and another fella! That was at Paleto Bay, ye. I remember you telling in /b you just woke up n' logged on, that's poggers!

2 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You're right and I've never understood why people are angry about it, It's one of the biggest "issues" I always see brought up regarding G6 and can be 100% dealt with IC. 

If anything I want to see MORE shithead security guards - ones that believe they're the law and act out of their range of "power" so to speak but honestly?

People can't separate IC and OOC and would assume you actually think you're some cool OOC edge lord for playing a power tripping security guard IC which would loop back to the same stuff we're talking about in this thread so I doubt it'd be worth it, sucks because there's a ton of controversial but interesting characters you could make but if they touch on anything "taboo" or different you'll be ran out of the community and mocked for it OOC, think Skye Love (?) for example, I digress though.

Regarding G6, I honestly think with how the community works the leader would be better off gutting the entire thing and starting something new as a brand because I can promise you, this cesspool of a community isn't going to change it's mind, I bet they're all mocking the thread in their private discords as we speak.

This can sum up the entire thread and most of this server.

G6 SHOULD be controversial ICly. That's one of the main roleplay dynamics of a security company. The fact that /anything/ controversial is instantly tossed into the camp of "I hate this ICly, I hate this OOCly," and people try to justify their OOC mixing by claiming the entire concept is dumb! Or the people roleplaying it are dumb.

It's this constant argument I see all the time. Whenever something is /slightly/ controversial, it's instantly berated OOCly. OOC concepts are used to make fun of factions ICly, with no basis in character thoughts or feelings. Just to make an edgy joke. This communities biggest fault by far is this berated and constant IC/OOC mixing.

Grupple Six is /fine/. They have plenty of issues, but so does every other faction on this server, regardless of perceived quality. There's always a background of issues that can be hidden. I'd like to see them do more traditional security job duties and look less tacticool. But those are nit-picks. Security companies are full of tacticool wannabe's, so. I'm gonna be honest, them looking like cops? Totally IC. Makes total sense.

If you wanna great example of what I mean, look up Metro-State.

I'm not disappointed by Gruppe Six at all. I'm disappointed by the LEO players who take it OOCly. Because their character has an issue with it. For the people who're suppose the prime example of good roleplay, they're really failing at making the basic point of separating their character's thoughts and feelings. I'll also lump in the people in Gruppe Six getting mad OOCly that cops hate them IC. That's the point. That's good roleplay, most cops don't like private security unless they're off-duty cops. Once again, look up Metro-State. Don't mix that OOC, unless the cop themself takes it OOC. Your job is controversial, and you will be disliked by the police. Embrace it.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Not a bashing to Isaac at all, but maybe not let trainees pickup the phone?

TxNmSwZ.png

This is a really, really good concern, I see it as well, but the resolution is a bit more complicated.

All guards (even trainees) are told to take the hotline because our hotline is also our emergency contact, in case you need immediate assistance from guards (something that doesn't require police intervention but requires guard intervention), an example being:

- Suspicious individual on private property

- A general disturbance of peace (escalation that can result in a fight)

- And other things...

Our guards are taught to "put you on hold" in case they don't know any questions you may be asking, which I'd argue is good for when there is supervisors online, but when there isn't... it complicates things.

Thanks for the feedback though!

So just a couple things... Previously I was working for group six maybe about six ooc months ago? I never had issues, I climbed through the ranks fairly easy and the roleplay was honestly a blast. During my time as a group six member, I never saw any of the things that these individuals are saying that you do now.. When I was working, we carried out many task and can agree with the members of group six that we in fact did those things and never acted as PD. But things took a change when I left to join the PD about two months ago. Every since I have joined the LSPD I have witnessed three times that a group six vehicle has pulled over a civilian vehicle with lights on and I sat at an intersection and watched them go to the driver side window and create interactions. I even pulled one over for different reasons and the driver turned on his Amber lights while I was talking to him?  Although that's really my issue because I have had great encounters whenever I am on a scene with them and that's really the only time I was worried about it.  

Edited by Dylan_Hankcock
On 12/10/2020 at 1:25 AM, Biscuit said:

I want to use a moment to address how out of context stuff starts, this picture above was taken when a SFM personally asked us to block off roads because nor LSPD nor LSSD responded to the incident.

Dont believe me? Ask @Pillsbury

One thing that kinda upsets me is that people love to make assumptions before asking and I can confirm that PD or SD isn't able to always answer every call so G6 stepping up or being in the area at the time seems perfectly fine to me.. People stretch these things entirely too much, learn the backstory!

• Applaud 1

I joined the server around December last year and was employed by Gruppe 6. They gave me the experience and RP I needed as a beginner, which I enjoyed a lot. The main complaint I had was with faction leadership and the lack of transparency, especially with the multiple CEO changes. However, I believe this point has improved.

G6 offers a unique legal RP opportunity, which lacks on the server, therefore it attracks new players like I was. Even myself, I did some dumb stuff and I do not think we should blame G6 for all the wrong behaviors witnessed, especially not OOCly.

I think G6 is a great addition to the server, but they get this reputation ICly because of the nature of their work. So while I have no issue OOC, my character will eventually have a bad opinion on the company. 

If you wanna clown this faction or any other faction, you do you. I've never had problems with G6 and I don't think they deserve as much hate as they're getting, but it is what it is.

Everyone gets shit. We illegal roleplayers get shit for being DM-ers, Gruppe Sechs gets shit for being wanna-be-cops, LSPD gets shit for being robotic, LSSD gets shit for being corrupt, civilians get shit for being mallrats or erping, though the last one also counts for LSFD since it's constantly being called a fuck fest.

But you see the pattern, you throw people into one bag and call them all out on bullshit instead of targetting individuals who are actually to blame for something bad happening. Everywhere in the groups mentioned above, there are good apples and bad apples. A few bad apples being present doesn't mean an entire faction/company on this server should get clowned on and shit talked.

With that said, it is a pattern on any GTA RP server that security companies/factions get clowned on and memed. It happens on GTA World, it happened on four Polish servers I played on, it probably happened on LSRP or OwlGaming, where most of you are from, as well. If you run a security company, better be ready for it because that's just how it is. You will be clowned/memed and compared to cops all the time. It's inevitable.

Welcome to the Filthy Frank GTA World show, where everyone gets shit. At the end of the day we're all losers who don't have anything better to do in their free time than roleplaying some borderline cringy shit on a video game. Just remember that last part before the next time you're about to shit-talk anyone, it being Gruppe Sechs or anyone else on this server. 

So in conclusion, Gruppe Sechs has been fine in my book. This is just a game after all, as long as you guys are not trying to arrest characters or be GC-warriors and shit, I'm cool with it, and so far I haven't heard of a single situation where G6 has done anything like that. Keep it going and don't worry about 100% accurate portrayal or some other crap people tell you, if you focus 100% on portrayal you will have zero development, and development is what roleplay is actually about. So just do your thing guys.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:40 AM, Seanny said:

As someone who went from G6 ("mall cop") to LSPD ("real cop"), I can kinda speak for both factions:

• The first thing that was told to me on my first G6 guided patrol is that we were not cops and were not allowed to act as such.
  • My interactions with G6 as a member of the LSPD have been nothing but fantastic from an OOC point of view.
  • Do people in G6 act like cops? It's probable since members of G6 often do wanna become cops for real but as explained earlier given the nature of the job, it is probable that some aspects might overlap, etc.

Overall, my experience with G6 has been positive.

Another former G6 member now in PD. I can attest to everything said in this post. It could not be made more clear that G6 are /not/ cops from day one.

While I have my own opinions about some people who were let into the faction for IC reasons, I can say 99% of the faction members were great.

I feel the faction has done their best to move on and push to make it better, but the rest of the community can’t get over it. The amount of times RP

diminished simply because they wanted to troll me or G6 as a whole was incredible. SOME people ICly may call security officers mall cops to their face and mock their authority, but surely not the amount of people that do it to G6.

In the span of a week we had three occasions of a shootout directly in front of or in our HQ parking lot. No one will ever be able to explain how that would ever make sense IRL. CCTV everywhere, armed guards, in broad daylight. People just do it to troll and from what I saw G6 members sucked it up and RPed through it. Commendable on my opinion.

Improvements to T&R would help, absolutely. When I left for PD I could see the massive improvement that was being made in that area already.

IC must remain IC, but people need to give G6 a chance OOCly and stop letting that interfere with their characters. The amount of shit they put up with simply for existing is mind boggling, yet they continue to try to push through and try to offer high quality security RP to GTA World.