Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

22 minutes ago, Parker said:

It seems a lot of the hate toward G6 is fuelled by a lack of knowledge about how security is done in America. I think this is the same reason a lot of hate is funelled towards State Fire Marshals: people don't understand it, haven't seen it and thus think it's stupid or unrealistic.

This is all too true. Too many armchair experts 👀 

7 minutes ago, Reddington said:

Been here for a while now and I had shit-ton of interactions with G6. Had a couple of bad ones but all of them were just IC. If it's an IC issue, deal with it ICly and that's it.

The point of this thread is to address OOC issues. If you want to dismantle any feedback brought to them (why would you do such a thing, though?), feel free to go through the thread, find feedback you disagree with and quote it. There's been a range of points brought up by Wirbelwind buried under a ton of comments from people that don't bother to read the thread, like your own.

26 minutes ago, Parker said:

I get the same thing with SFM.

You know, don't even go there. SFM is far from ideal. If anything, I'm lining up to be the first to post my thoughts and grievances on SFM once the "SFM and you" thread goes up.

tl;dr, you guys seem like you're looking for an easy workaround to be a cool guy with a gun and a badge outside of the existing law enforcement factions. For example, initiating pursuits as SFM.

Yes, Fire Marshals have the power to enforce the law. But so do LSPD detectives. Doesn't mean we should see gang units in plain clothing rolling around in unmarked cars and pursuing criminals, Bad Boys 2-style.

That isn't to imply that you guys use unmarked cars, I'm merely trying to get you to understand that there have been some very sketchy moments with you all.

Edited by yerro
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, yerro said:

The point of this thread is to address OOC issues. If you want to dismantle any feedback brought to them (why would you do such a thing, though?), feel free to go through the thread, find feedback you disagree with and quote it. There's been a range of points brought up by Wirbelwind buried under a ton of comments from people that don't bother to read the thread, like your own.

I've spent the last 50 minutes reading through the thread and I hope that the faction leaders have the feedback written down for future reference and improvement.

I do agree with most of them, I never said I don't. I just don't like how toxic we've become to have people commenting with "LOL fake-ass cops" and comments like that.

I was referring to the people being toxic, not the ones giving actual and solid constructive criticism. 

Edited by Reddington
Just now, Reddington said:

I've spent the last 50 minutes reading through the thread and I hope that the faction leaders have it written down for future reference and improvement.

I do agree with most of them, I never said I don't. I just don't like how toxic we've become to have people commenting with "LOL fake-ass cops" and comments like that.

I was referring to the people being toxic, not the ones giving actual and solid constructive criticism. 

I think that can be resolved through acknowledgment and moderation.

If people are posting a specific type of complaints a lot (i.e. "you guys are acting like cops", have the faction head / PR address them in the main post (with bold letters, if need be). Then it's up to the mods to clear out the repetitive comments that ignore the information listed in the main topic.

Sorry if I came across harsh there btw, I just dislike the general culture of general discussions (ignoring what people are saying, blatantly chiming in to say your piece and leave). It undermines the actual discussion.

That isn't to say I'm not equally guilty of doing that in some topics. I'm working on it.

5 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Lol, 5.11 is shit anyway. Security uniforms aren’t just “tacti-cool” it’s largely a part of uniform psychology and window dressing. What G6 wears IG isn’t at all removed from what’s worn and common IRL. I find them dressed pretty realistically. 

A looming threat like what? Because if it’s somebody threatening you you’re pretty misconceived in my opinion. If that’s based off personal experience you’ve been part of a shit company. If you’re afraid of that which you are suppose to protect against you’re in the wrong field. You’re better off doing reception duties or camera control. 

That's also true. I see your POV.

2 hours ago, yerro said:

You know, don't even go there. SFM is far from ideal. If anything, I'm lining up to be the first to post my thoughts and grievances on SFM once the "SFM and you" thread goes up.

tl;dr, you guys seem like you're looking for an easy workaround to be a cool guy with a gun and a badge outside of the existing law enforcement factions. For example, initiating pursuits as SFM.

Yes, Fire Marshals have the power to enforce the law. But so do LSPD detectives. Doesn't mean we should see gang units in plain clothing rolling around in unmarked cars and pursuing criminals, Bad Boys 2-style.

That isn't to imply that you guys use unmarked cars, I'm merely trying to get you to understand that there have been some very sketchy moments with you all.

8 hours ago, yerro said:

I think you've largely misunderstood the point of "this faction and you" threads.

I suggest you address your grievances with the faction directly instead of flaming on another faction's topic.

Edited by Parker

I love Group Six. I was skeptical for a long time about hiring security for my businesses but decided to take the plunge. I have to say I am blown away by your dedicated and RP to it from an OOC perspective. When ever I call /call 707 I get a call back with in 15 mins, it's really damn cool to see you guys coming to my house, my businesses etc etc.  

I can't understand the negative coming your way but all I can say is keep it up! 

• Upvote 1

I never had any sort of interaction with G6, but from my understanding there's some problems. That's just what comes with any sort of faction in game.  Without a doubt though do feel like the handlers of the faction can deal with the problems swiftly with no issues. 

As for the comments that say "security guards are just wannabe cops" - that's not a bad thing at all. Most officers I know in real life started out in some form of security. It's just a low blow to call them out for that reason alone.