Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

7 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Not a bashing to Isaac at all, but maybe not let trainees pickup the phone?

TxNmSwZ.png

So... you've never called customer service in your life only to find that they're not adequately trained,to which they always respond "let me talk to my supervisor"?

OT: G6 is fine as it is. My only recommendation is to start upping the prices. Make yourselves an upper class service, not a basic commodity. Currently, I can rent you guys out for like what 10k/week? Not even. I'd up that to 50k/week if I were you and provide more consistent service (like 16 hour shifts for the guards or whatever model works for you).

Maybe I'm wrong, just my 2 cents.

10 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Not a bashing to Isaac at all, but maybe not let trainees pickup the phone?

TxNmSwZ.png

I've worked in security before, for a building but we still had the same concept (without weapons). I've had trainees take up calls before while on desk duty, it happens plenty in real life.

On 12/9/2020 at 10:01 PM, zaXer. said:

Can you give an example? 

Yes I can while omitting names. I've given multiple gruppe 6 members tickets for seperate infractions. Almost EVERY time I get met with "I shouldn't get a ticket, we're the same you and me. Let me talk to your supervisor, we'll get this straightened out". Or a supervisor for gruppe 6 pulls up and they try to convince me that it's illegal to give gruppe 6 members tickets because they're also just like LEO's and they'll have my job for it. It's ridiculous and doesn't portray a proper security firm in the US. 

32 minutes ago, Cocaine Capital said:

Yes I can while omitting names. I've given multiple gruppe 6 members tickets for seperate infractions. Almost EVERY time I get met with "I shouldn't get a ticket, we're the same you and me. Let me talk to your supervisor, we'll get this straightened out". Or a supervisor for gruppe 6 pulls up and they try to convince me that it's illegal to give gruppe 6 members tickets because they're also just like LEO's and they'll have my job for it. It's ridiculous and doesn't portray a proper security firm in the US. 

r u sure about that

1 hour ago, KinnyWynny said:

r u sure about that

One YouTube video doesn't make it realistic, I woke security in real life and not one of my many co-workers had ever once claimed to an leo or get out of a ticket saying they're a security guard. The job is observe and report, and every company I've ever worked for ever has told everyone that you should never engage and you should call the police. 

In terms of realism, security guards pretending to be police is completely acceptable. There's a stigma surrounding security guards that label them as 'police rejects' and for the most part, it's true. Therefore, I don't see any real issues with members of this faction acting like law enforcement officials [to an extent]. As long as you don't go overboard and try to arrest people, pull people over, etc, it's completely fine in my eyes. Armed security guards are also very normal, especially in the United States where you can buy a gun from literally anywhere.

For the most part, this is a unique concept given that not many people are doing a security company at this scale. Gruppe 6 has developed and grown into a big project, so props for that.

As for the issues with portrayal such as /examine of Gruppe 6 members being outlandish and mallrat-esque, that is an issue that should be addressed if you are to be showcasing a legitimate large-scale security corporation.

• Upvote 1

The irony of someone playing a cop on a video game.. calling others fake cops... 🙄

Without drawing into the toxic portion, I do feel a need to point out that the LSPD & You thread was not all peaches and cream the last time I checked.... And having been involved heavily in PD relations as a DA, or court room foe as a defense attorney... I can attest that the LSPD has plenty of realism issues of its own.. And thats fine, as this is a game and nothing can ever be replicated 100%.

With that being said, its hard to criticize someone (Or something) when thier is an outstanding need for self reflection.

I have had the pleasure of working with Zaxer in the past, be it trying to take over his faction with the Union/Mob in a quest to monopolize the industry... Or serving as thier corporate counsel and hashing out thier legal troubles..

At no point in time did I ever feel any less than valuable vibes from thier management staff, or thier base level workers. It was a well ran faction built with limited resources... Such work and effort to build a large, functioning faction with an independent system to supplement roleplay... Thats a feat, and no words or baseless statements can take that away from @zaXer.

I believe Zaxer has set the bar higher than most, and he has kicked ass growing even in the face of backlash from those who simply have OOC spite for anything outside of thier own networks.. How many of you with the negativity can say the same?

Keep up the good work G6!

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting faction! I've never seen such of this size in any GTA RP-server. Do you have patrol services in Gruppe 6? I have been working for approx. 2 years as one in IRL, so if you need any advice or something of private security and that type of work then I can most likely answer it. However I know how it plays out here in Finland, USA of course is another (more crazy) topic. 

gruppe 6 itself is a fairly nice faction. i've had good experiences with a few of the fac's members here and there, changing depending on which character i'm on. @Biscuit(?) i believe is one of the members that have shined out to me for nice, realistic portrayal on the personality side (idk bout that hair tho.......). but as for actual feedback, i'd say g6 are taking far too much IC crisitiscm OOC, particularly remembering back to me having caused trouble with them and immediately being harassed in PMs or flash-reported for it, with the admin confirming said problems were pretty much solely IC. i think you guys just need to work on taking IC issues in stride, and not dipping as OOC with it because it just makes you guys look pretty foolish.

other than that, nice job

• Upvote 1