Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

29 minutes ago, Trout said:

Hello!

I'm from the LSPD faction and I've been around to see the start of G6, I'll leave my experience and idea below in a manner that's constructive as possible, sorry for long in advance.

First things first, G6 improved a lot since it started so I'm happy for the current players of this faction to do a better job than the ones before. I think reason the reputation went so downhill was their quick and rich start. They didn't start from scratch or as a small security group (at least from what I know, I may be wrong!) but instead it was a sudden boom with this faction appearing with their own HQ, their own cruisers, armored vans and even a helicopter at one point. The players of this faction obviously loved this and they flexed their equipment very often and.. I think that's where people started to not appreciate them. After a bit, I was able to see G6 guarding supermarkets in their military-like uniforms and kevlar vests and it just looked absurd to me. There also were several issues where they broke SHAFT while trying to display their equipment and abilities which eventually led to LSPD raiding G6 HQ and that was a little sign that things were going to be rough between G6 and LEO players.

It followed with the G6 faction leader getting arrested a few months later and eventually the infamous G6 vehicles attempting traffic stops incidents happened, which in my opinion gave a bad opinion to players in this faction IC and OOC. At least this was what I was able to observe to this day that made me think these were the reasons G6 had a troubled reputation.

I'll leave two examples of my interactions with G6 below:

This one is a recent one, last week even. I saw a G6 vehicle driving around with their lights on and watched them pull up to a property. I simply pulled up behind them in my marked cruiser with my lights off to see what was going on. Shortly after the two G6 members approached my character and asked if she needed anything from them. My character responded with asking if there was an emergency, because she saw them pull up with their lights on and enter a property, to that they replied their lights were on to ''show presence'' and my character questioned how legal was this to drive around like this as she was worried it could've been used to gain the right of way in traffic or cause people to yield for this vehicle, however she stated that she wouldnt argue about this but simply make it clear with her supervisor later on and the two security guards were good to go..

It could've been a simple and a good experience if this interaction ended here but instead the two security guards prefered to stay and argue with my character over this, I'm playing a kind character who wouldnt just stop and waste her day arguing with two security guards in the middle of the road so she repeated herself that the guards were once again good to go and rolled her windows up and the G6 guys were still arguing with her after that.. I think you can see how there is some tension here and how people don't only have an OOC dislike for the faction but some of our characters actually have a bad interaction IC too.

The next one is not a recent one, this has been a while since it happened and while OOC this was absolutely funny and genuinely made me laugh, it caused my character to spread a lot of hate of G6 IC.

I ended up interacting with a G6 member and noticed them open carrying in public while not guarding anything. So I detained them in my vehicle and his supervisor ended up coming to our scene. The interaction was absolutely nice, they were so kind to my character and my character liked them back. She didn't want the suspect to lose their job in G6 so she didn't charge him with SHAFT Code Violation, therefore letting him keep his PF, CCW and GC licenses. This was a very wholesome interaction until she declared they were free to go, that was when they shouted behind my character ''Yeah that's right, now get the fuck out of here twelve!!'' and I think you can understand why my character have been extremely cautious to G6 and enjoyed giving them a hard time to this day.

All these interactions are purely IC but things like this happen to every faction. I enjoy the fact that G6 mostly keep things IC, sometimes my character fights them and sometimes my character will simply ignore them just to annoy them but I've never been commented on OOC over the way my character does things. I think the reason G6 is hated by some people is purely because some things happened in the past and people are still retaliating against eachother with their echoes, the tension is still there. What I can suggest? Just simply do what you are doing. The number of interactions we had to have with G6 has been dropping down for a while, we don't have to go around be worried that a G6 vehicle is about to evade one of our cruisers or we don't get a radio transmission ''G6 vehicle attempting a traffic stop again, roll additional to my way.'' as before so that's a really good thing!

I think you guys might still have some room for improvement with the equipment and choice of uniform though. Like I exampled already in this post, no one appreciates a security guard that is guarding a supermarket with a kevlar vest. Maybe try to be more humble with some things so the general idea of ''G6 military wannabes'' can be erased from minds. From what I can see, G6 has a lot of sophisticated equipment (at least for a security company) but it just doesnt feel right when there isnt enough internal regulations about them. Some people can disagree with me on this one but it feels so absurd to see a female security guard, dressed up with her radio, CCW holster, external vest, boots, G6 uniform, a whole cruiser.. With a pink/white/green hair.. You see where I'm going with this?

At the end of the day though, my humble opinion is G6 is doing much better than before and while it is a slow process, the reputation will simply get better and better as long as you guys keep up the good work and.. Just don't do things that people accuse you of really.

A question though, is it true G6 has a bomb squad now? If so.. Why?

Two things:

1. Driving with yellow lights is not illegal in the State of SA, its the same thing why tow-trucks are able to. There is nothing in the law, or about the law that states a vehicle can't drive with yellow caution lights.

2. They do not have a bomb squad.. that was something, again, taking completely out of context of an IC situation that was happening. I can't recall the exact details, but I even stepped in as the Handler and was *bamboozled* when I heard this. The conversation between some G6 Security guys and a few LSPD Officers got heated (frankly speaking, if I recall correctly, G6 was simply standing at the property they are *required to respond to with a panic alarm* and got hated on for it), they asked some sort of (and I literally mean this) smarky, distasteful remark.. in which G6 replied ICly "Oh yeah, just like we have a bomb squad" or something in the sorts (I really can't remember the exact logs, and I can't be asked to go searching for them). I saw the meme, i'm apart of the LSPD. A member of the LSPD Staff Team reached out to me, and I clarified the issue. The meme literally took a picture of two G6 Security Officers and pasted that chat above there head, in the picture... it was taken out of context to literally the fullest.. without even that specific LSPD Officer, specifying that it was a meme they made, instead, said Officer gloated about the situation and memed them for having, a bomb squad. 

I'll let the faction leaders of G6 clarify the other questions/responses as you bring up some really good valid points. And I thank you for bringing these forward.

Edited by Pillsbury

My biggest concerns:

• PR person, for the lack of a better word, completely wilding out in the LSPD criticism/feedback thread.
  • Bloused pants and tac gear for seemingly no real reason except to "look cool". There's nothing tactical in a grocery store next to the police station.
  • Weather-inappropriate clothing. (T-shirts in snow. No, it's not just one person — there were multiple)
  • Touching on the previous, inconsistent uniform policy.
  • Some questionable locations and venues for roleplay.

Before you ask for examples, here you go. Names omitted.

4sBdKcz.png

ce4c7e6e7688addc93ff2d2460e6d682.png

This fella also pulled a gun over a fist fight. This was ages ago, though. Think it was April 2020?

d3f2f2198b447e6f3f406eab9bc6496e.png

The members I've personally interacted with on an IC and OOC basis have been fine. I don't have any complaints about that. Their roleplay was also fine. But some things definitely do look iffy when observed. Only ran into one situation where G6 was on an active crime scene, and that was months ago when I was in the LSSD. I don't even remember their names anymore, but they weren't exactly unpleasant to deal with, just a bit annoying. But that was IC and it was handled IC anyways.

Edited by Wirbelwind
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

PR person, for the lack of a better word, completely wilding out in the LSPD criticism/feedback thread.

Just want to defend myself here again, non-PD members started spreading lies about G6 within the LSPD feedback thread when I only asked for feedback in that thread from the LSPD directly.

I didn't give a flying fuck about the GTA:W's general opinion in that moment, only LSPD when stuff like this happens:

20 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

2. They do not have a bomb squad.. that was something, again, taking completely out of context of an IC situation that was happening. I can't recall the exact details, but I even stepped in as the Handler and was *bamboozled* when I heard this. The conversation between some G6 Security guys and a few LSPD Officers got heated (frankly speaking, if I recall correctly, G6 was simply standing at the property they are *required to respond to with a panic alarm* and got hated on for it), they asked some sort of (and I literally mean this) smarky, distasteful remark.. in which G6 replied ICly "Oh yeah, just like we have a bomb squad" or something in the sorts (I really can't remember the exact logs, and I can't be asked to go searching for them). I saw the meme, i'm apart of the LSPD. A member of the LSPD Staff Team reached out to me, and I clarified the issue. The meme literally took a picture of two G6 Security Officers and pasted that chat above there head, in the picture... it was taken out of context to literally the fullest.. without even that specific LSPD Officer, specifying that it was a meme they made, instead, said Officer gloated about the situation and memed them for having, a bomb squad. 

And also to respond to this;

4 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

Bloused pants and tac gear for seemingly no real reason except to "look cool". There's nothing tactical in a grocery store next to the police station.

Mision row grocery probably has a higher crime rate then Davis LTD at this point.

1 minute ago, yerro said:

I think you've largely misunderstood the point of "this faction and you" threads.

The original post I made about LSPD was on the LSPD thread to get LSPD's opinion, not some random gangbanger's opinion who never roleplayed with Gruppe Six.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the reason that topic exists, am I not correct?

As someone who went from G6 ("mall cop") to LSPD ("real cop"), I can kinda speak for both factions:

• The first thing that was told to me on my first G6 guided patrol is that we were not cops and were not allowed to act as such.
  • My interactions with G6 as a member of the LSPD have been nothing but fantastic from an OOC point of view.
  • Do people in G6 act like cops? It's probable since members of G6 often do wanna become cops for real but as explained earlier given the nature of the job, it is probable that some aspects might overlap, etc.

Overall, my experience with G6 has been positive.

Edited by Seanny
2 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

The original post I made about LSPD was on the LSPD thread to get LSPD's opinion, not some random gangbanger's opinion who never roleplayed with Gruppe Six.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the reason that topic exists, am I not correct?

Well, my point is that you're representing a faction not only as a regular member, but also as its PR rep. There's a lot of eyes on you. When people see you reply, they see G6 reply.

And you're kind of being unnecessarily rude. It's kind of like you're checking out an online shop and you see them engage in petty bickering with their discontent clients, that doesn't really make you want to do business with them.

I get that you care about your faction, but you should be more concerned with giving it the proper image rather than rushing to defend it loudly on your first instinct. I have no issue with G6 other than that bit of representation honestly, and I am totally not against you in any way, just to clarify.

2 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

No, but regardless of who gives their opinion on the community forums, you are expected to be courteous of one's opinion, despite of how invalid you may find it to be. I, myself, just cannot fathom why you're failing at taking both negative and constructive criticism into mind to help assist the growth of your faction. Instead taking petty shots at a different genre of roleplayers when you're quite evidently failing to do much better.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, yerro said:

And you're kind of being unnecessarily rude. It's kind of like you're checking out an online shop and you see them engage in petty bickering with their discontent clients, that doesn't really make you want to do business with them.

Where was I rude? (apart from being accused of the G6 being 80% female, like what?)

7 minutes ago, Eine said:

I, myself, just cannot fathom why you're failing at taking both negative and constructive criticism into mind to help assist the growth of your faction.

I never said I wasn't?

That's literally the whole reason we made this topic. But when I ask for the LSPD's opinion, I ask for the LSPD's response, not some random person who's not even apart of LSPD making a comment like "G6 is 80% female".

Take it this way; You contact the admins on an open forum with a question, instead of the admin responding, a random third person responds with a complete absolute lie about you that damages your reputation, will you not respond back to that?

-- The reason people are bashing me is because I asked a question and had a pile-on of false accusations and I defended G6 in them. And then AFTERWARDS, those same people took the liberty and went out of that way to post toxic videos and pictures on that thread.

Either way, I quit my PR position because this is something that can't be fixed, and I realize that now, and to the person that takes PR good luck changing people's opinion that "people hate you cause you're a mallcop".