Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

5 minutes ago, Visceral said:

Honestly, in my relatively brief time on this server I have never really had any opinion on Gruppe 6 until last night when I saw that PD thread. Never heard any criticism of it, never really encountered them in the wild often. What is clear is that you guys have a bit of an image problem and while I understand that can be a disconcerting or demotivating issue, I do believe its being approached in the wrong way. 

I know that you were asked by an admin to create this thread, but its very clear that even with that as the reasoning behind the topic, this thread and the nonsense in the PD thread last night has a very off-putting heartbeat behind it. It definitely feels like both have been done out of frustration over perceived misconceptions and not because there's a huge drive to actually improve. I understand that being falsely accused of transgressions must be very frustrating, but going through the thread and picking out those false accusations only to go "Well actually we don't do that/didn't do that/won't do that" doesn't really help improve the image. You should be taking it all on board, even what you believe to be untrue, and asking "Why does the community have these false interpretations of our role play and what can we do to negate them in future?". I know that is likely what you will say you are doing, but its not how it comes across in any of these posts. Like I said, I knew NOTHING about G6 until last night, but so far my entire perception of these posts has been that they are just being used (by both sides) to blow off steam. 

As someone else suggested, I think the main goal should be to understand the faction's role in the RP ecosystem a little better. Be very precise in your training and make sure your members know what is and isn't a realistic portrayal of a PS employee. Accept that you will receive negative press no matter what you do. Cops in real life are always going to look down upon PS companies, youths on the street are going to harass you with "You're not even real fucking cops", lower class families with ties to public sector and police employment are going to detest the idea of policing being privatised. On an IC level all you can do in those regards is make sure your RP is up to scratch, your members are well trained, and the scenes will flow regardless of IC opinions of your faction.

On an OOC level? Even if its not what you believe you are doing, you need to stop coming across as overly complaining. Even if you believe 99% of the complaints against you in this thread are incorrect or don't have a valid basis? Take it on the chin. These people feel that way for one reason or another. All you can do is try and feel it out and be determined to warp those opinions back to what you deem to be a more truthful representation of your faction.

This, there’s absolutely nothing G6 can do OOC to change my opinion IC. Unlike PD where the faction is an important pillar and a fundamental factor to the community both IC and OOC, G6 is not. I don’t understand why it blew up the way it did, or why PR personnel is suddenly showing up everywhere. I haven’t had an encounter with G6 in a long time, and I couldn’t care less OOC. IC I’d definitely have a reason to not like them since they swarmed my character like a SWAT team over a taco truck. Their reputation was so bad IC that the real cops wouldn’t even take me to jail when they showed up. And while G6 was high-fiving each other for another good arrest I was being uncuffed. 

I’m not sure what this thread is really for. All of these things are IC, so why are they being addressed OOC? I don’t think it’s helpful to adopt a “PR” approach similar to that of PD’s. 

Well.. I'm in the faction for 1,5 week or so and till now I don't have any complains about people who acting like cops. I like G6 very much and the RP level is high in my opinion. 

I'm a Mobile Patrol / Protection officer in real life, that's my fulltime job and being an G6 employee in GTA: World is just fun and very good to RP. I don't think that we LOOK like cops, the accusation that we would act like cops..... Maybe some figures in the past? But at this moment I don't see anybody ''acting like a cop''. 

I think people need to see by their own eyes how we are working as a G6 employee, maybe then they realize that we don't act like cops, but just doing our thing.

All in all: I think the RP level in G6 is very good and I hope to RP with more people inside G6 ❤️

- Glenn
(Bradey Walker - Probationary Protecting Officer)

10 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

This, there’s absolutely nothing G6 can do OOC to change my opinion IC. Unlike PD where the faction is an important pillar and a fundamental factor to the community both IC and OOC, G6 is not. I don’t understand why it blew up the way it did, or why PR personnel is suddenly showing up everywhere. I haven’t had an encounter with G6 in a long time, and I couldn’t care less OOC. IC I’d definitely have a reason to not like them since they swarmed my character like a SWAT team over a taco truck. Their reputation was so bad IC that the real cops wouldn’t even take me to jail when they showed up. And while G6 was high-fiving each other for another good arrest I was being uncuffed. 

I’m not sure what this thread is really for. All of these things are IC, so why are they being addressed OOC? I don’t think it’s helpful to adopt a “PR” approach similar to that of PD’s. 

"I’m not sure what this thread is really for. All of these things are IC, so why are they being addressed OOC? I don’t think it’s helpful to adopt a “PR” approach similar to that of PD’s. " 

As I mentioned before, its the same reason why LSPD, LSSD, LSFD, all have threads like this. Any faction can have a thread like this. When I was in State Fire Marshals, I was going to make one but never got the chance around to doing it. Sure the problems we sometimes had were "IC issues" (speaking of SFM) - but yet, a lot of problems that came forward to us were in OOC means. Without feedback from the general community, no one is going to get better, no faction is going to get better, G6 or not. There is tons of things on the LSPD & You thread that have only "IC problems" - but a simple discussion OOCly is sometimes the best for certain things and for clarity reasons as-well. The thread is to gather feedback on an OOC note, in which can help G6, and as-well, a Q&A type thread where people can ask general questions and get a response to them.

I didn't believe it was appropriate to sit and go back and forth on another faction thread, and hence the reason why I informed the making of this thread. If G6 was copying PD's approach in "PR" - then I would expect members to be constantly out and running around, engaging with the community. This is literally, and quite frankly, a simple way to get questions answered and to hear what the community thinks on an OOC note. 

Reference: 

I honestly can't find the SD one, but I know it use to be around (somewhere) - they might use the general faction thread they created. Note, if you look through half of the general discussions, most of them stem from IC issues and people wanting feedback/to discuss certain things. 

This thread isn't all about just "How do we fix ourselves ICly" - more of a "Hey maybe the community wants to bring up some concerns that we can address". 

Edited by Pillsbury
6 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

"I’m not sure what this thread is really for. All of these things are IC, so why are they being addressed OOC? I don’t think it’s helpful to adopt a “PR” approach similar to that of PD’s. " 

As I mentioned before, its the same reason why LSPD, LSSD, LSFD, all have threads like this. Any faction can have a thread like this. When I was in State Fire Marshals, I was going to make one but never got the chance around to doing it. Sure the problems we sometimes had were "IC issues" (speaking of SFM) - but yet, a lot of problems that came forward to us were in OOC means. Without feedback from the general community, no one is going to get better, no faction is going to get better, G6 or not. There is tons of things on the LSPD & You thread that have only "IC problems" - but a simple discussion OOCly is sometimes the best for certain things and for clarity reasons as-well. The thread is to gather feedback on an OOC note, in which can help G6, and as-well, a Q&A type thread where people can ask general questions and get a response to them.

I didn't believe it was appropriate to sit and go back and forth on another faction thread, and hence the reason why I informed the making of this thread. If G6 was copying PD's approach in "PR" - then I would expect members to be constantly out and running around, engaging with the community. This is literally, and quite frankly, a simple way to get questions answered and to hear what the community thinks on an OOC note. 

It was more in referent to @Biscuit who, to me, looked like they were trying to change IC opinions by posting on a PD thread after declaring themselves the PR official from G6. Here’s an OOC question; is G6 based off G4S. Much like how the LSPD is based off the LAPD?

Just now, eTaylor said:

It was more in referent to @Biscuit who, to me, looked like they were trying to change IC opinions by posting on a PD thread after declaring themselves the PR official from G6. Here’s an OOC question; is G6 based off G4S. Much like how the LSPD is based off the LAPD?

Fair enough, I might of misread the context of what you were trying to say, ill allow G6 officials to respond to the rest of the question, however. As I am not in the place to [directly per say] speak for the faction, besides help clarifying certain things and assisting them on an OOC note with problems that occur/to better the faction overall.

9 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Never tried to change anyone's opinions.

If you look at my first post, I asked a question, to which it was met with NON-PD members, answering with false statements such as "G6 members are filled with 80% women". I did receive a satisfactory answer, granted not from a PD member, but it shows that some people are hating on G6 just cause we exist.

As an answer to that question; I'd argue it is, but with heavy modifications to the actual lore itself such as how LSPD has an FLD which in Los Angeles is not the case.

Edited by Biscuit

I personally think Gruppe 6 is a fine faction. It gives a fine nuance to your average security company and/or worker. You will always have certain members of a faction misrepresent the whole group on their own. It's something that is bound to happen and is rather hard to avert from happening. This, however, does not mean anyone should try and harass them for it, especially not OOC. 

I haven't shared any negative encounters IC, nor OOC with any Gruppe 6 members and would even like to compliment you guys for going out of your way to breathe life into a new and unique concept of a security company. 

32 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

G6 is based of G4S, yes. However as any faction here, we are a bit different due to how life rolls in our game, rather than in real life. 

48 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I was personally there at your "swarm". Yes, you disturbed a governmental food meet & greet acting like a drunkie (IC issue). 

When we were leaving, you jumped in and tried to hotwire the car, so the government employees sent us over. 

While we dont care much if you get arrested or not, we did stop you from stealing a government vehicle :). 

28 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

G6 is based of G4S, yes. However as any faction here, we are a bit different due to how life rolls in our game, rather than in real life. 

I was personally there at your "swarm". Yes, you disturbed a governmental food meet & greet acting like a drunkie (IC issue). 

When we were leaving, you jumped in and tried to hotwire the car, so the government employees sent us over. 

While we dont care much if you get arrested or not, we did stop you from stealing a government vehicle :). 

You’re missing the point, but that’s okay.