Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

1 hour ago, ThomasNoman said:

I'm genuinely curious, why are people saying it's bad? I mean, it looks kind of accurate to Ford Crown Victoria.

It's got no proper interior textures, same goes for the trunk and engine, wonky handling, doesn't fit the aesthetic of rockstars lore friendly cars to name a few things

Edited by Свето
3 minutes ago, Свето said:

It's got no proper interior textures, same goes for the trunk and engine, wonky handling, doesn't fit the aesthetic of rockstars lore friendly cars to name a few things

Oh... to be honest, I had this car for 3 months. I bought it stock too when I started my character and the car has been staying with me since. Didn't really notice the weird handling, not gonna lie. But yeah, I can tell it's very slow, comparing to other medium tier stock vehicles I have on my alts.

You'll always have people dislike a faction for petty reasons or just for its name. I have experienced this first hand when the LSSD started as well. Bad encounters is what people tend to remember while good encounters fade away. 

OOC motivated hate that people use or show IC is dumb and every person who does this is just a bad roleplayer. People need to look at their own experiences and base their opinion off that. 

I haven't had any recent experience with G6 but I have never really had a problem with the organization or its members. I have a good interaction with it and don't mind their services. It even makes my character his life easier at some points. 

I have had several interactions with G6 on multiple characters. On one, my character was employed at a store where G6 was contracted to. On another one, my character hired their services after they were offered. I haven't had any bad experiences with this faction. Instead, the characters that I have encountered have always been well roleplayed. Well done @zaXer. and the others, keep it up.

Honestly, in my relatively brief time on this server I have never really had any opinion on Gruppe 6 until last night when I saw that PD thread. Never heard any criticism of it, never really encountered them in the wild often. What is clear is that you guys have a bit of an image problem and while I understand that can be a disconcerting or demotivating issue, I do believe its being approached in the wrong way. 

I know that you were asked by an admin to create this thread, but its very clear that even with that as the reasoning behind the topic, this thread and the nonsense in the PD thread last night has a very off-putting heartbeat behind it. It definitely feels like both have been done out of frustration over perceived misconceptions and not because there's a huge drive to actually improve. I understand that being falsely accused of transgressions must be very frustrating, but going through the thread and picking out those false accusations only to go "Well actually we don't do that/didn't do that/won't do that" doesn't really help improve the image. You should be taking it all on board, even what you believe to be untrue, and asking "Why does the community have these false interpretations of our role play and what can we do to negate them in future?". I know that is likely what you will say you are doing, but its not how it comes across in any of these posts. Like I said, I knew NOTHING about G6 until last night, but so far my entire perception of these posts has been that they are just being used (by both sides) to blow off steam. 

As someone else suggested, I think the main goal should be to understand the faction's role in the RP ecosystem a little better. Be very precise in your training and make sure your members know what is and isn't a realistic portrayal of a PS employee. Accept that you will receive negative press no matter what you do. Cops in real life are always going to look down upon PS companies, youths on the street are going to harass you with "You're not even real fucking cops", lower class families with ties to public sector and police employment are going to detest the idea of policing being privatised. On an IC level all you can do in those regards is make sure your RP is up to scratch, your members are well trained, and the scenes will flow regardless of IC opinions of your faction.

On an OOC level? Even if its not what you believe you are doing, you need to stop coming across as overly complaining. Even if you believe 99% of the complaints against you in this thread are incorrect or don't have a valid basis? Take it on the chin. These people feel that way for one reason or another. All you can do is try and feel it out and be determined to warp those opinions back to what you deem to be a more truthful representation of your faction.

6 hours ago, Soup said:

Perhaps the ideology behind people thinking Gruppe Six "act like cops" stem from incidents where we are responding to client's triggered panic alarms when a disruptive issue is occurring at their property, ultimately requiring their contracted security firm's attention; you may see us on scene with LSPD/SD/FD in regards to these matters.

If not, then I'd love to hear what you believe we do that gives off the impression  - we are wanting to clear the finer details out about the Faction for those who are interested, or simply just want to know. We are happy to answer any relevant question or at least try and clear-up any misconceptions you may of gathered over the time Gruppe Six has been active in the server.

I'll be honest, most of those stem from the PAST of your faction. Where past leaders and members did behave like cops, patrolled and pulled people over.