Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

One thing, stop acting like cops, you’re not. That’s it. 

Actually if you'd come across such major security contractors in real life you'd know it would be an accurate and realistic roleplay to act like cops on some level, it does not mean they are but it's what some of those security works think of themselves as. Imagine a person who has been trying to get into  police academy but has been denied, his ego will live on.

I think Gruppe Six is doing a great job.

Thank you to the administrators. To point out, I was only responding to a guy with an invalid comment who shortly after, posted another comment, again, containing nothing, but insults.

A serious comment in regards of Gruppe Six, in the past 2 weeks, I have seen @zaXer. and their management team gradually improving the faction  including, getting a website and procedures re-structuring. I, as a client of Gruppe six, haven't encountered any low roleplay-quality members, and they have been doing their jobs well by in-character. One thing I would say or suggest, which I don't know if it really happened or not according to others, but for future reference, never act as a law enforcement officers. By this, I mean doing something that you wouldn't have the authority to in real life, for example— blocking traffic, pulling over people for traffic violations. While I comprehend that's an in-character issue, it happening too often can be out-of-character, and questionable to roleplay quality. Therefore, if the members don't act as an law enforcement officer in any way, the faction will most likely be perfect, in my opinion.

I really hope that Gruppe six will grow, and bring more RP to all of us!

Edited by ThomasNoman
2 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

Thank you to the administrators. To point out, I was only responding to a guy with an invalid comment who shortly after posting another comment, again, in nothing, but insults.

Hi, guy with the "iNvAlId cOmMeNt" here. I don't see where you can get on this high horse about insults when I was responding to you saying  "50% or more of you are trash at RP" in reference to criminal RPers.

As I've relayed to @zaXer. privately my suggestion to Gruppe 6 is to implement some type of OOC training to help it's members better understand how they fit into the RP ecosystem. Just like LEO's, guards have a tremendous amount of power they can exert over criminals that if RPed incorrectly leading to people having a bad taste in their mouth OOCly about this faction.  I think this is the source of the "Stop pretending to be cops" complaint. The best way I can explain this is by using /me fights as an example.

/me fights are kind of controversial here because while it can prove to create really great RP, it also requires both parties being able to take an L. More commonly then not one party will exert an unrealistic level of combat skill, regardless of if they were taken by surprise by the assault. This just leads to bad/shitty RP for both parties. 

I'm not saying LEO's and guards need to be taking L's constantly, however they need to be comfortable with it and realize that a lot of the time, taking that L is the best thing you can do for RP. Guards more then anyone as while I understand there are plenty of IRL security firms who are excellent at their jobs the vast majority are not and simply scrapping the bottom of the barrel. We have a "professional" police force already, I'd much rather see G6 portrayed a a somewhat corrupt, somewhat lazy company who's employees are more in it for the paycheck then they are for putting their life on the line to protect the club they have a contract with. 

55 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Well some say that security is an extortion run legalized, which technically is. Cause it was born from that.

You pay them monthly for genuine services which is better than some criminal group charging you weekly and double the price, and security groups don't force it on you like an extortioner would. You can also cancel at anytime while you can't exactly do that with extortioners. I can see how a  security firm would make a group of extorters a bit angry.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Henning said:

Hi, guy with the "iNvAlId cOmMeNt" here. I don't see where you can get on this high horse about insults when I was responding to you saying  "50% or more of you are trash at RP" in reference to criminal RPers.

As I've relayed to @zaXer. privately my suggestion to Gruppe 6 is to implement some type of OOC training to help it's members better understand how they fit into the RP ecosystem. Just like LEO's, guards have a tremendous amount of power they can exert over criminals that if RPed incorrectly leading to people having a bad taste in their mouth OOCly about this faction.  I think this is the source of the "Stop pretending to be cops" complaint. The best way I can explain this is by using /me fights as an example.

/me fights are kind of controversial here because while it can prove to create really great RP, it also requires both parties being able to take an L. More commonly then not one party will exert an unrealistic level of combat skill, regardless of if they were taken by surprise by the assault. This just leads to bad/shitty RP for both parties. 

I'm not saying LEO's and guards need to be taking L's constantly, however they need to be comfortable with it and realize that a lot of the time, taking that L is the best thing you can do for RP. Guards more then anyone as while I understand there are plenty of IRL security firms who are excellent at their jobs the vast majority are not and simply scrapping the bottom of the barrel. We have a "professional" police force already, I'd much rather see G6 portrayed a a somewhat corrupt, somewhat lazy company who's employees are more in it for the paycheck then they are for putting their life on the line to protect the club they have a contract with. 

Hey, there. Yep! I said that which was a fact and I'm highly positive you're one of them, but neither of your post made any senses, so that's kind of unfortunate :(( Let's not anymore respond to me with something useless to save both of our time!!!

Anyway, it's good to see that you are now at least contributing something to the discussion. OOC training about how the server works and roleplay quality is a good idea :D)

Edited by ThomasNoman
1 hour ago, Gryphboi said:

I know it's PD's topic, but G6's guilty of acting like they're cops. Not my screen, but my friend told me they were blocking the road on both lanes during a property fire on R68. gta-world-2020-11-16-2-44-45.png

I want to use a moment to address how out of context stuff starts, this picture above was taken when a SFM personally asked us to block off roads because nor LSPD nor LSSD responded to the incident.

Dont believe me? Ask @Pillsbury

Can confirm to the above. I was the only "LEO" on scene at the time, of an arson, no one else was responding... Was there for 30+ minutes by myself, utilized them to help me block roads. Once PD arrived on scene, they broke down and generally assisted me with an investigation as G6 was the contracted company to the R68 Garage (needing CCTV and such). Had a pretty heated moment in which I thought ICly, was literally going to turn into a violent shootout. Felt great having G6 on my back and actually helping. 

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Upvote 1

I don’t know how you guys find this realistic at all. Since when do we have a security agency in real life patrolling the streets and going to local businesses at-least not in the United States? Security agencies are normally found in malls, big corporation buildings and for private security. Not to mention moving money around from bank vaults etc. The way its approached in this server is a bit odd and different from real life. Although  I don’t mind the concept at all.

6 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

I don’t know how you guys find this realistic at all. Since when do we have a security agency in real life patrolling the streets and going to local businesses at-least not in the United States? Security agencies are normally found in malls, big corporation buildings and for private security. Not to mention moving money around from bank vaults etc. The way its approached in this server is a bit odd and different from real life. Although  I don’t mind the concept at all.

If you read my post on page 3 or 4, I explain it perfectly actually... It happens in my State, Florida, California, multiple other states.. it's realistic.. it happens. I'm about 2 steps away from joining a security company that patrols and goes business to business in my state. 

Link: https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/38334-gruppe-6-corporate-security-you/?do=findComment&comment=350849

Edited by Pillsbury
1 minute ago, Pillsbury said:

If you read my post on page 3 or 4, I explain it perfectly actually... It happens in my State, Florida, California, multiple other states.. it's realistic.. it happens. I'm about 2 steps away from joining a security company that patrols and goes business to business in my state. 

Link: https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/38334-gruppe-6-corporate-security-you/?do=findComment&comment=350849

Whatever floats your boat man. Definitely I do not see them in Los Angeles. In-fact if you tried this in real life and you start blocking off traffic for cops and try acting like one you’ll be arrested for obstruction and or impersonating an LEO. Again this is my opinion I could be wrong but I wouldn’t want to write an essay on this either. I just don’t find this realistic at all and yes i’ve read your posts.

if you go Business to Business is because you’re protecting assets which is definitely realistic obviously. Although what I’m noticing is a surge of patrols as if they’re somewhat serving as the eyes and ears of the LSPD. Again this is a game so I welcome something different but that doesn’t imply that it’s realistic by any means.