Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

1 hour ago, CrunchySpine said:

This thread started out constructive and seems to have quickly turned into an official faction having to defend their reason for even existing. They’re looking for constructive criticism, bad or good. But don’t go around d telling anyone “their RP sucks”. Cmon guys.

I will note this.

I am the handler of G6, I suggested this thread, I was the one who told @zaXer. to make this thread. The LSPD is also, an IC faction, so is the SD, so is the FD, but we still allow those factions to have threads of the kind, for people to express discussions on an OOC note that they feel effected them. 

If you're just gonna be here to bash the thread and make fun of them, i'm just simply going to hide your post and issue a warning out. G6 as it stands, is trying to get feedback to get a better image for the faction, and a lot of the feedback as I am reading through the LSPD & You thread, and as-well, this thread, seems to be just trollish and "why are you even a faction lmao!?". Security Guards in the USA, have firearms, I live in the USA, and see it plenty of times. The security company a friend works for, and one ill be hopefully working for in the future (once I can get my CCW in real life), has an armed security section for exactly the same purpose the unarmed security section is. If you generally have nothing good to say, don't say it all. Constructive feedback is accepted, but general bashing is not needed. I also suggest for those that have claims to bring forward evidence to either myself or @zaXer. or @Soup. Word of mouth is never going to prevent something, if you claim you have evidence of something, forward it to the rightful areas and get the concerns addressed.

Holding back on information and just threatening saying "Oh I have tons of video of this and that" or "I have tons of screenshots of this and that" literally does /nothing/ but prevent a faction from getting better, and generally, report it then? Why hold information and evidence back? It simply makes no sense to just hold so called "evidence" and blackmail a faction with it, and speaking, I won't allow blackmail to happen on an OOC note. 

G6 has been around frankly speaking, longer then most factions, and has been a standing ground of a faction. We have 332 factions in this server that are scripted, some not even actual factions anymore, but just are in the faction list. G6 is number 204 of that faction list, in which I said, is very old in the sense as half of the factions presented on the list, are no longer factions at all (this includes illegal and legal factions).

While I agree, and have been bluntly honest with @zaXer. about the outlook of the faction and how it's perceived in the community, generally speaking, they have been doing 1000% better then they were previously, especially in the past two months when I have taken over as the handler. They have removed half of the inactive members, removed a massive amount of trolls, a massive amount of those just wanting to pretend they are cops, are doing weekly trainings now to actually teach members, doing armed training, things like this. G6 has maybe 30 people now in total, in the faction. Bringing up old claims from months ago, have been already addressed and proven to be wrong, is just distasteful and is just looking to bait. I've been on the server since April of 2019 (frankly new compared to some people as I left in 2017) and I have maybe had... one or two bad interactions? And that is literally because, in my time in the LSPD, people have constantly just trolled G6 and stole the vehicles that they have in the parking lot, in which brought to the reason of why so many 'pursuits' or 'traffic stops' were made by G6... which actually weren't G6 members. Just like walking into a clothing store and putting on a fake LSPD uniform, LSFD one, LSSD one, it can happen to G6 as-well, and it's just an easier target.

I'll also note, just like in real life, specifically in my State and I know a lot of other states, there are security services that "patrol" and have a route they have to take. They checkup on businesses, residential areas, things like that. I can even give a direct example, while I won't release the company name, in Flordia, specifically the Palm Beach area, a security company is contracted with the County, the Sheriffs Department and the Police Department to patrol gang riddled areas, and as-well, patrol very "high class" (gated) communities.. in which some have literally, 10k+ people living in the area. They wear vests, they have guns, they look like cops, and even the unmarked vehicles they get, have lights on them (Red+Green+White) and a siren they can use in those contracted areas if needed. The contracts are for these companies to quite literally, patrol the area, respond to alarms, prevent crime from happening.

Once again, if you have an actual concern that isn't going to troll the thread, post it, we want G6 to be a striving faction for the server, one people can look forward to. But if you are just going to come on the thread, show no respect, troll, show no actual feedback, it's going to be hidden and a warning will be issued out. 

PS; forgot to mention, they literally have like 3-5 females compared to the 20+ males in the faction... so that "complaint" is pretty invalid..

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

I think the actual idea of a long-lasting security company is great, except Gruppe6 not many companies have lasted and died down and sure does bring some immersive roleplay to the GTA:W scene, security companies are established in-real-life so are they in the game, there isn't any anti-criminal behavior as far as I've seen but yes, in some cases there can be some compromising escalations. Some have their own way of roleplaying the character themselves, however, from an OOC standpoint. I can guarantee that this faction is really promising and the reason for it not be dying down is an amazing response. They are trying their best, why whine and cry. Let them follow through.

Some people tend to complain and stick to it's side 24/7 because that's what they are born to do and they give them the term "criticism" - for goddamn sakes, you're not criticizing anyone. You're ruining their own interest and capabilities of providing such immersive roleplay.

Nonetheless, I wish you all the best and hope to see Gruppe6 grow more and wide.   

My oh my, I haven't seen this much toxicity since the League of Legends.

So, as for LEO-VS-Criminal roleplay, both sides have their shittier roleplayers, and that's a fact of life, stop this shit throwing competition, with each side acting like their shit doesn't stink, it does.  Neither side is superior. 

As for G6, personally, I can't say I've had the best encounters but as someone who has and currently leads a faction, you can't keep members under twenty-four hour a day surveillance, and people will have days when their RP is just poor because they're out of it, that's just a fact of life. There is of course examples of G6 members and guards acting like cops, and yeah, that is an issue, but an IC one at that, I don't know why this was dragged out into an OOC thread, it's just bound to cause more of a shitstorm. As a last point, the thing is, with Groupe 6 being now the only security group WITH a faction thread, all the shit people experienced with ES (Executive Security) will now also be your burden to carry, why? Because that's how people work, same reason some people shit on SD for things PD do, and wise-versa. 

Just now, CrunchySpine said:

This confused me. What are they extorting, if you don’t mind me asking?

They are extorting nothing, they provide security as based on a contract, for which we are paid. But before security companies, such protection was usually run by a mob. Which is what I meant.

Just now, Engelbert said:

They are extorting nothing, they provide security as based on a contract, for which we are paid. But before security companies, such protection was usually run by a mob. Which is what I meant.

Oh gotcha! Yeah, usually the mob didn’t ask for their employment, just demanded it 😂

3 minutes ago, CrunchySpine said:

Oh gotcha! Yeah, usually the mob didn’t ask for their employment, just demanded it 😂

Yep and when the law decided that what's enough is enough. They came clean and legalized their business, by actually starting providing said security. Which infact is the case of the group I work for. Our origins lie in crime back in 80s.

What I think a lot of people forget is most things can be handled in an IC capacity. If a G6 officer breaks a law, they can be dealt with the same way another civilian is dealt with. If it's an rp quality issue just like in any other faction it can be reported to the faction leaders. 

I myself had one interaction with G6 in over 8 months within the LSPD. For my character the experience was negative but it was a minor incident that my character could deal with himself on the spot. 

I just want to give you guys some creds here regardless, you've been having at this for a very long time and that deserves some respect. No one is perfect, nor is any faction. And clearly you guys want to improve and keep improving to create a positive roleplaying experience for all players involved as well attempting to portray the company as realistic as possible. 

Keep up the good work and keep striving for better! Hope to see you guys ig.

• Upvote 1