Gruppe 6 Corporate Security & You

zaXer.

Hello!

I'm zaXer. and I'm the faction leader of Gruppe 6. Together with @Martin Riggs as the faction co-leader, we manage the biggest security faction on GTA:World.

Before we begin the discussion, a few things to point out - please keep the topic on point and the questions to a mature side. We're already aware of most of the things you're about to troll over here, and we're not really impressed.

The faction website is gruppe6.gta.world and you can use it to send your reports against employee misconduct.

Have there been bad people in Gruppe 6? Sure. Trolls? Sure. A lot of people in the beginning showed themselves as good roleplayers (they actually were), but used that to their advantage to gain our trust and in the end, start do a bunch of crap while the higher ranks were offline. That has been filtered out over a year ago, and we've recently brought issues to a full minimum. Keep in mind that we've also had cases where people go to the clothing store, grab our uniform, go lockpick and hotwire a car straight from our parking lot and drive around to cause havoc (the cars are not protected like law factions are).

Gruppe 6 is not aiming to "steal" work or activities from other law factions, or to compete with them. The idea is totally different, and we consider Gruppe 6 as an "entry level" faction within GTA:World. While we aim at maximum quality of roleplay, we do accept people who have a lower roleplay skill set (not non existing) and are wiling to improve. This has helped us a lot in the long run to obtain dedicated members who are thankful for our help that we gave.

Keep in mind that we are entirely player-ran and we have no "script" paychecks. While we do receive funding through programs and other contracts we do, our employees job is mainly voluntary and their (manually sent) paychecks are still on a very minimal level (until recently we didnt even have paychecks at all).

I'd like to use this thread to thank @Nervous who gave the "official" start of this faction exactly a year ago coming now in December, @spawn. for being a long lasting faction handler who also did his best to help us develop, @Truffle as a faction handler as well with a very positive vibe, and @Pillsbury as our latest faction handler, being with the least "service" time than others, but already his efforts are showing great progress and we're looking forwards to work together with him in the future as well! Let's not forget @Biscuit who is one of our supervisors, her efforts helped us to start our official website!

TL:DR - Discuss and we'll answer, send your questions in and so on. We'll try to answer everyone honestly and the aim of this topic is to clear out issues and take suggestions and ideas from the public. What do you want to see Gruppe 6 doing? What issues have you seen in Gruppe 6?

Do we have cop wanna-be members in our faction? Sure, most likely we do. After all, a huge percent of security workers IRL are with an aim towards law enforcement. Hell, speaking from personal experience - I was a security patrol guard, and now I'm a police officer. So, yes! Being a "wanna-be" is not always a bad thing - it's a motivation to improve and earn your goal. Many of our (now ex) members are great employees of PD/SD!

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 8
Just now, Juicy said:

One thing, stop acting like cops, you’re not. That’s it. 

Hello! 

Can you tell me what you mean by that?

Do you have an idea of what a security guard does, and what the job entails, maybe you've got IRL experience? Looking forward to your reply and see how we can smoothen it out, give in your ideas! 

I don’t have much experience with y’all but I would try to be lucrative with security jobs. Try to make connections with clubs, liquor stores etc and secure a spot as their go-to organization for guarding their business. I hate saying “in real life”, but here I go. I usually see private security companies hosting security at clubs and theaters, smoke shops. I find it a little off putting that a major club would put out an ad looking for security and hire Joe Schmoe just because he has a license to carry. I may not be seeing the whole picture and feel free to correct me but those are my feelings towards it.

12 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Hello! 

Can you tell me what you mean by that?

Do you have an idea of what a security guard does, and what the job entails, maybe you've got IRL experience? Looking forward to your reply and see how we can smoothen it out, give in your ideas! 

I worked as a corrections officer for a while, so I think I’ve got a pretty good idea. Your guards shouldn’t get guns for one, if you’re just mall cops. Two, I’ve been told a few of your members have been trying to pull people over like cops. 

Edited by Juicy

Perhaps the ideology behind people thinking Gruppe Six "act like cops" stem from incidents where we are responding to client's triggered panic alarms when a disruptive issue is occurring at their property, ultimately requiring their contracted security firm's attention; you may see us on scene with LSPD/SD/FD in regards to these matters.

If not, then I'd love to hear what you believe we do that gives off the impression  - we are wanting to clear the finer details out about the Faction for those who are interested, or simply just want to know. We are happy to answer any relevant question or at least try and clear-up any misconceptions you may of gathered over the time Gruppe Six has been active in the server.

• Upvote 1

I really see absolutely no reason for this thread, your an IC faction just like everybody else. Regardless you want feedback so lets get cracking.

-Snip, was mistaking you for another faction-

I'd also like to point out what I feel is a failure to maintain quality within your own faction. Far too often do I /examine members of your faction only for them to have wildly outrageous character details. Understandably this is an IC company that hires players IC, however I don't believe this excuses a trend within your faction to be, and I'm only using this term because it's easily understandable by everyone in the community; Mallrats. Who's attributes don't exactly meet the normal security company dress code. A security company that is 80% female also doesn't really seem that realistic.

Also just for personal note, is your faction primarily NA or EU based? There seems to be a lack of understanding of how private security companies like yourself act and are treated in the United States.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, CrunchySpine said:

I don’t have much experience with y’all but I would try to be lucrative with security jobs. Try to make connections with clubs, liquor stores etc and secure a spot as their go-to organization for guarding their business. I hate saying “in real life”, but here I go. I usually see private security companies hosting security at clubs and theaters, smoke shops. I find it a little off putting that a major club would put out an ad looking for security and hire Joe Schmoe just because he has a license to carry. I may not be seeing the whole picture and feel free to correct me but those are my feelings towards it.

Gruppe 6 is not aiming to be a "night club" style security company.While we do take such assignments, we do not actively advertise or go hunting for club clients. We are more aimed towards personal protection, cash in transit and alarm response 🙂

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Henning said:

I really see absolutely no reason for this thread, your an IC faction just like everybody else. Regardless you want feedback so lets get cracking.

There seems to be a sense of anti-criminal OOC behavior from your faction that seems pretty alarming. I've personally heard recording from your own discord where members of your faction openly discussed how much they hate criminal RPers on an OOC level and how they enjoy baiting said RPers into self defense situation where they can kill them using their PF.

I'd also like to point out what I feel is a failure to maintain quality within your own faction. Far too often do I /examine members of your faction only for them to have wildly outrageous character details. Understandably this is an IC company that hires players IC, however I don't believe this excuses a trend within your faction to be, and I'm only using this term because it's easily understandable by everyone in the community; Mallrats. Who's attributes don't exactly meet the normal security company dress code. A security company that is 80% female also doesn't really seem that realistic.

Also just for personal note, is your faction primarily NA or EU based? There seems to be a lack of understanding of how private security companies like yourself act and are treated in the United States.

The thread was made after our faction handler suggested it. So no matter if you like it or not, its here. 

Your "anti ooc crime" thing you're trying to speak about makes no sense, and even when reading the "bait to kill with PF" is absurd, no such situations have ever happened. And how did you hear a recording when we don't even have a voice channel with permissions, I don't know! 

The examine stuff you're pointing out I'll accept as valid, we'll put work towards checking our employees descriptions more often and amend changes more often, sure! 

Also I already beated the "80% female" thing in PD's thread but you keep pulling it in regardless! I don't even think if we have more than 5 females in the whole faction. 

So yes - can you actually put in some... real arguments? 

And - I'm from the EU, so I dig my most experience from there. And for 2 years researching daily and looking into American companies I can say - oh boy, if I follow the American style, people whining at us would be much, much more! I'd put fake police copy badges, a black uniform, black and white patrol cars, 911 markings on the cars and call it a day! We dont do that, do we? 

16 minutes ago, Cocaine Capital said:

The one thing I've experienced IC as a SD Deputy, is almost every interaction I've had with Gruppe 6 has been very cringe. I'm always met with the feeling Gruppe 6 believes they are cops and that they are above the law. While this is all an IC thing, it still feels weird. 

Can you give an example? 

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 1