Motels need to be fixed, urgently

mj2002

I had a discussion about this with a friend of mine.

Ideally I believe they should be let to be player ran with some restrictions like in terms of pricing so it's fair to new players, or perhaps just allow some of them to be player ran while others being used for primarily new players.

Otherwise, some of the things that I thought about is introducing an if else statement to the rent prices, what I mean is. If a player has higher than X hours (for example, let's say 40), the price would be something along the lines of 500-2000 to mimic the expense of staying at an motel IRL as you would not stay at an motel over trying to find some place to rent that would be cheaper in terms of daily rates. Else, the price remains the same as it is now. Or you could even add additional if statements, for example per every 10 hours until certain amount. I believe this might be the fairest way to deal it with in terms of pricing and to ensure people don't decide to stay any longer than needed and try to find a place to stay and/or job.

Another option would be that the longer you stay, the more expensive it can get. For example, 10 online hours would increase the price by like 100 or 200 and so on to again discourage the long term staying. However, not sure how effective this option would be.

I believe together with the first idea with the if else statement and having individual interiors for each hotel that is private, would be the best way to go about it. Cause at the moment, it's definitely not great and really needs to be worked on to be made better and more realistic.

• 4 months later...
On 12/9/2020 at 6:17 AM, mj2002 said:

Disallow motel room renting (the commencement of) once a character has reached a certain amount of online hours, for example 80 hours. This essentially turns system-run motel rooms into a new-character feature.

I support but not this part. It should be the same for everyone. An older character can have reasons to rent a motel room like anyone else

58 minutes ago, Lurleen said:

I support but not this part. It should be the same for everyone. An older character can have reasons to rent a motel room like anyone else

Deleted that bit, in hindsight that's not a good idea.

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I'm hoping we can still implement the changes suggested, or some variation of this.

Regularly seeing refund requests popping up over lost items, which bind admin's time, this makeover is definitely needed.

Both for more elaborate roleplay around a character that uses an (own) motel room, aswell for to enhance (specially new) players' QOL and prevent frustrating experiences where the first pack of cigs and pack of beers they bring home ic get looted by somebody.

Even when no one steals it can cause confusion and ridiculous scenarios- if you've never found someone's gun in between your lingerie in the motel room closet you've not tested this game to the fullest yet.

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic