Current Weather System Discussion

np

20 minutes ago, u10sil said:

When it rains currently, it always goes light -> medium -> heavy -> torrential downpour monsoon tidal wave fuck show -> sunny.

I'm curious as to what the options are and limitations of the scripting here. Like... can certain normal weather transition patterns be setup, and some sort of timed job be the thing that triggers the shift? 

This is just not true. It doesn't always go beyond light rain.

Current weather system is bad because of the transitions. And the weathern pattern of San Andreas is good as it is, there is no need to make it like "LA", because Los Santos or San Andreas is a knockoff LA or Cali... And I do agree, players need to dress accordingly for the ongoing rain or whatever. But in most cases, weather system not being detailed causes problems, like wind, humidty and etc. EU players always say it's cold, meanwhile US players say it is hot, weather system defo needs an overhaul, if not, some clarification about the weather transition being so bad, if it is Rage, it is Rage.

3 hours ago, u10sil said:

When it rains currently, it always goes light -> medium -> heavy -> torrential downpour monsoon tidal wave fuck show -> sunny.

I'm curious as to what the options are and limitations of the scripting here. Like... can certain normal weather transition patterns be setup, and some sort of timed job be the thing that triggers the shift? 

As someone who loves rain, that's how rains usually start and end on the server. In my experience, there have been only a couple of harsh transitions from no rain to rain, as for the rest — it starts with mild rain and escalates to a full-on downpour.

And on the general subject of weather, while I was up in arms against snow (or about how lousily it was implemented — sorry, how immature the community was about it), I kind of feel fine with temperature being a bit lower IG than in LA IRL. Yeah, it's not a 1:1 simulation but it's something that is done consistently, so you can make a minor adjustment to it.

Edited by yerro
1 hour ago, Dom. said:

People can't bitch about snow then turn around and pretend daily rain in fucking SoCal is a normal occurrence. 

Using that logic, why stop at snow? Let's go for monthly / biweekly hurricanes — floods and tornadoes. They're fun too.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but, a few weeks ago, people wanted snow, and temperature around 0 Celsius, or even -2/3 Celsius sometimes, winter weather, and now we want summer weather, with +25 Celsius. So can we actually decide what we want first, and then make a suggestion about the weather, because, it seems that even players don't know what they want. Yesterday we wanted winter, now we want summer..?