Current Weather System Discussion

np

It's way too cold currently. I understand that it's desert weather and much colder at night, which is why it dips to the 40's, but it feels excessive.

During the summer there were only a few days I recall it hitting above 90 during the daytime.

And the rain definitely shouldn't be 20 minutes here and there. If it rains, let it rain for the whole day/weekend. It's not like Florida where it'll rain every day for a little while, it's not the UK. Rain comes in waves or not at all.

Minor things to pick at but if there's any changes to be made, that'd be a start.

Yeah, this is something that's bothered me as well. Like, I know it gets super cold at night in the desert usually, so that part kinda makes sense, but those big rain storms that we have, the ones with the thunder and lighting... that seems a little bit too extreme for such an environment the game is trying to display... but now that I think about, L.S. is an island. Geographically speaking, you'd never find a straight up desert on an island, so I guess... GTA V just doesn't make sense. xD

Look GTA:W Staff, I know this might not seem that big of an issue to some, but it is. It rly ruins immersion when it's raining every day multiple times per day, it makes the rain less exciting too and people aren't motivated to RP the effects of it as much. We can't disagree that GTA V was bases off of California and that's how most ppl like to rp it, so.. please, adjust it accordingly? 

Please.

Edited by SnikeritisLV
On 12/23/2020 at 11:37 PM, Millitrix said:

Yeah, this is something that's bothered me as well. Like, I know it gets super cold at night in the desert usually, so that part kinda makes sense, but those big rain storms that we have, the ones with the thunder and lighting... that seems a little bit too extreme for such an environment the game is trying to display... but now that I think about, L.S. is an island. Geographically speaking, you'd never find a straight up desert on an island, so I guess... GTA V just doesn't make sense. xD

gta v's map is not canonically an island 

Edited by Dom.

This thread is already way longer without aby meaningfull solution.

Today the temp's hit 8.2 Celsius.

I get that a developer lives in the Netherlands but man dutch weather isnt American weather

EDIT:

I STAND CORRECTED! This is directly from the website www.weather-us.com!

Winter average low temperatures are approximately 40°F (4.4°C) to 50°F (10°C) in the coastal areas, while Mammoth Lakes in the mountains of Sierra Nevada freezes to an average low temperature of 15°F (-9.4°C). Spring is damp and warmer than the winter, while autumn is colder than the summer in most parts of the state.

Summers tend to be mild along the coast such as the San Francisco area with an average high temperature of 67°F (19.4°C) at the peak in August, while the central and eastern parts of California tend to be hot with average high temperatures of 91°F (32.8°C) to 97°F (36.1°C) in Sacramento and Fresno.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

The weather is actually pretty accurate if you log in during the day at 2-3pm you will often see temperatures of 18-23c but evenings it always drops to 15-10c. The issue here is that the peak times are evenings and most roleplay happens from around 7pm to around 3-4am on the server. Which obviously means that it's going to be cold.

ABiKs5u.png

So actually minus the rain which happens too often, the weather system is pretty synced up to the actual LA weather, the only issue being there is that no one really plays until it starts getting cold so it always feels like the weather is cold. With the lack of variety in "warm" clothing it does become a drag and gets annoying quickly but I don't think there is any solutions to "fix" it except getting rid of it or simply waiting a month or two where evenings become warm and it's summer 24/7