How to backup your GTA Files and play before RageMP updates - December 2020

I followed the guide onto the letter, after disabling "Launcher.exe" in the firewall the Rockstar Games Launcher would log me out saying "Authorisation key not valid" or something like that, than tried to do the trick with disabling the network adapter; RGL launches saying offline mode, but does not launch the actual game (See attached screenshot), no matter what I try. I mean, there is about 70 people in the server so there should be a solution, I'm just very curious what that is!

EDIT: Can it be that this is happening because I got the game through Rockstar's Game Launcher? I'm reading that Steam and Epic should have no issues running older versions.

EDIT 2: I uninstalled the Rockstar Game Launcher version of GTA, installed it through Epic Games and it works like a charm, my best guess is that Rockstar Games Launcher won't let you launch an older version, Steam and Epic Games do.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Jesse094
2 hours ago, Polaris said:

i did exactly this, and opened my RAGE MP, pressed connect, and it opens the Rockstar Social Club, and then it closes itself out immediately. No error message or nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Same deal here, i updated, replaced the files, blocked the connection both ways with the firewall. 

• Nightmare changed the title to How to backup your GTA Files and play before RageMP updates - December 2020
  • Nervous locked this topic