How does someone get out of extortion?

caballero

Just now, Tsarna said:

Ah yes - but it is the only way. We are in the Cops vs Robbers era of GTA World now, Sadly. 

If the character was of that mindset, sure. An average working Joe isn't gonna strap up and blast extortionists away. It's funny how I list a good amount of ways of dealing with extortions, perfectly valid ways, but y'all just wanna take the easy way out with guns. That's not the only way, it's laughable.

16 minutes ago, Nikki said:

This is the outcome of a report I had against @SiMo for his poor guide. I invite any and all legal roleplayers to always record your interactions with extorters no matter how little they are, and to report them at any sign of poor roleplay, lack of realism or poor escalation. And do not forget; CK perms go both way. Do not forget your CCW and PF licenses when getting a business.

Just wanted to sincerely thank both you and @Tsarna for your sheer dedication to this subject matter. Your continued fight for justice in the field of extortion related roleplay hasn't gone unnoticed - I hope the administrators of Grand Theft Auto World notice this injustice swiftly and take action to rectify this travesty. You deserve a medal for your continued fight.

unknown.png

Edited by Pascal
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 2
18 minutes ago, Nikki said:

This is the outcome of a report I had against @SiMo for his poor guide. I invite any and all legal roleplayers to always record your interactions with extorters no matter how little they are, and to report them at any sign of poor roleplay, lack of realism or poor escalation. And do not forget; CK perms go both way. Do not forget your CCW and PF licenses when getting a business.

——————————

”I'll be concluding this before this report turns into "Gonna add my opinion as well..." and turns into a rant.
As It seems some individuals have a lot of built-in anger and foam at the mouth when "extortion" is mentioned.

And I don't blame them, some individuals do extortion terribly, and those individuals should be reported if they show terrible roleplay. The issue with most extortion that it shouldn't be for "money" it should invite RP for both parties and actually give one another benefit. Inviting the people into your community so you can work together, rather than people treating extortion like it's still the 1980's.

People need to ask themselves why should they pay money, like give them a reason to, and no, I don't mean "Let's threaten to burn down his place and make a CK app" that's stupid, and who's stopping people from setting up "accidents" to happen on the property? Then you can fix that "accident" or "issue" and they'd find it more appealing to do work. Extortion should be fun for both sides and with that being said.

@SiMo didn't do that here did he? He just made the guide, and that guide might not be a good one, that shouldn't make him the main target for "bad" extortion roleplay. I'd say both of you @Nikki @Tsarna are harboring lots of hatred for no reason. I'm sure IFM doesn't approve CK apps on "didn't pay for protection". If they did, I guess you guys would have provided evidence of this happening, right? Or is this just an assumption that CK's like that happen, because I don't see that happening.

@SiMo did nothing wrong, he just made a guide on a "touchy" topic that already caused people to sweat and type in paragraphs.
It's just a guide, It's not forcing you to do that kind of RP when extorting. I'd fully suggestion individuals that want to do extortion do genuine research, and try to adapt the logic to GTA W. IF horrible RP is shown when people extort? Sure make a report by all means, but punishing someone for a "meh" guide is not gonna happen.

Report concluded, no action taken.”

Apply water to the burned area. Report was a joke anyways. There's always player report section if someone portrays it in a wrong way, stop crying, no one takes you serious. Extortion won't disappear, either pay, or deal with consecuences.

Edited by .Pluto.
2 minutes ago, Escobar said:

Pay for extortion, or deal with it ICly by reaching out to a friend who knows a friend. 
Kill the extorters. ✔️

Alright, good guide Nikki.

Are you serious? Where do you live, in all seriousness? Does it not go into your head, that realistically, businesspeople do not know a "friend who knows a friend". So can you stop with this "everybody knows a mobster somehow" mentality and grow up. That is exactly what is wrong with the extortion - you think that we are in some stupid 20th century mobster movie. Go and research Los Angeles and the extortions there, and stop being in Sopranos or Al Capone era.

Edited by Tsarna
1 minute ago, Tsarna said:

Are you serious? Where do you live, in all seriousness? Does it not go into your head, that realistically, businesspeople do not know a "friend who knows a friend". So can you stop with this "everybody knows a mobster somehow" mentality and grow up. That is exactly what is wrong with the extortion - you think that we are in some stupid 20th century mobster movie. Go and research Los Angeles and the extortions there, and stop being in Sopranos or Al Capone era.

This is not Los Angeles brother, this is GTA V.

Everybody knows somebody.

• effion locked this topic