How does someone get out of extortion?

caballero

Just now, Nikki said:

PD themselves said they dont investigate extortion because they see all extorters do subpar roleplay and they dont want to associate with those. Which is sad and pathetic from both sides. I believe the screenshot of this statement was in the extortion guide thread.

Where was this said? And was it a person singular or a collective as you are making out to be? 

If it's TRUE, PD is beyond saving.

Just now, Nikki said:

PD themselves said they dont investigate extortion because they see all extorters do subpar roleplay and they dont want to associate with those. Which is sad and pathetic from both sides. I believe the screenshot of this statement was in the extortion guide thread.

And yet again, I tagged the guy who is handling it. If three people from PD said that, it doesn't mean whole faction of 120+ people in it are thinking that way. Rule one states that we all need to roleplay in every situation.

Just now, Tsarna said:

Well, it would be awesome if it is changed. I have been to PD about extortion IC-ly many times - and it all has come to nothing in the end of the day. Even FIB joined in at one point and it went to naught as well.

They are working on extortion for a long time but that's a thing that's hard to prove. I witnessed million times people getting in for extortion, and officers are not putting the extortion charge because it's hard to prove it in Court. And I, as a Prosecutor will always dismiss charges with little to zero evidence. Lately, they started visiting business owners/managers, and asking about extortion issues. Maybe they'll visit you tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Nikki said:

PD deciding not to associate with certain people because they have subpar roleplay is extremely rich given PD's reputation.

327037c1db808867a098a10f94dbfa79.png

Edited by Bratan
  • Upvote 2

I think biz owners would be more lenient towards extortion RPers if they just didn't make it so obvious/cliche. Create roleplay that benefits both parties, not just a source of illegal money for your faction. And before you ask, no: threatening to harm someone or their business because they refuse your shitty demands is not a 'benefit' to them or their roleplay.

• Upvote 1
  • effion locked this topic