How does someone get out of extortion?

caballero

24 minutes ago, Nikki said:

This is the outcome of a report I had against @SiMo for his poor guide. I invite any and all legal roleplayers to always record your interactions with extorters no matter how little they are, and to report them at any sign of poor roleplay, lack of realism or poor escalation. And do not forget; CK perms go both way. Do not forget your CCW and PF licenses when getting a business.

——————————

”I'll be concluding this before this report turns into "Gonna add my opinion as well..." and turns into a rant.
As It seems some individuals have a lot of built-in anger and foam at the mouth when "extortion" is mentioned.

And I don't blame them, some individuals do extortion terribly, and those individuals should be reported if they show terrible roleplay. The issue with most extortion that it shouldn't be for "money" it should invite RP for both parties and actually give one another benefit. Inviting the people into your community so you can work together, rather than people treating extortion like it's still the 1980's.

People need to ask themselves why should they pay money, like give them a reason to, and no, I don't mean "Let's threaten to burn down his place and make a CK app" that's stupid, and who's stopping people from setting up "accidents" to happen on the property? Then you can fix that "accident" or "issue" and they'd find it more appealing to do work. Extortion should be fun for both sides and with that being said.

@SiMo didn't do that here did he? He just made the guide, and that guide might not be a good one, that shouldn't make him the main target for "bad" extortion roleplay. I'd say both of you @Nikki @Tsarna are harboring lots of hatred for no reason. I'm sure IFM doesn't approve CK apps on "didn't pay for protection". If they did, I guess you guys would have provided evidence of this happening, right? Or is this just an assumption that CK's like that happen, because I don't see that happening.

@SiMo did nothing wrong, he just made a guide on a "touchy" topic that already caused people to sweat and type in paragraphs.
It's just a guide, It's not forcing you to do that kind of RP when extorting. I'd fully suggestion individuals that want to do extortion do genuine research, and try to adapt the logic to GTA W. IF horrible RP is shown when people extort? Sure make a report by all means, but punishing someone for a "meh" guide is not gonna happen.

Report concluded, no action taken.”

How someone reports someone for "promoting subpar RP" then goes on to promote even worse roleplay only moments later is astounding. Bravo, truly. I'm impressed.

3 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Thirty five pages of people complaining about something that is easy as PIE to fix!

STEP ONE:

Get extorted.

STEP TWO:

FIgure it out IC instead of complaining on the forums.

😄 Maybe read through some of the pages and see, what people are writing about - same language, English. People are approaching it IC-ly, but the PD ain´t doing nothing about it. Well - I´ll let you search the answers yourself. The point is - there is no way IC-ly to deal with it, and this mentality of the person "Everybody knows somebody" in GTA World, who will deal with the problem, which actually means that you will be part of some "war" between illegal factions and subject to CK, is quite funny. We should apply realism and common sense in the decisions which we make and what we do IG - and this mentality of "you sure know a mobster" is just plain wrong and stupid.

28 minutes ago, Nikki said:

This is the outcome of a report I had against @SiMo for his poor guide. I invite any and all legal roleplayers to always record your interactions with extorters no matter how little they are, and to report them at any sign of poor roleplay, lack of realism or poor escalation. And do not forget; CK perms go both way. Do not forget your CCW and PF licenses when getting a business.

——————————

”I'll be concluding this before this report turns into "Gonna add my opinion as well..." and turns into a rant.
As It seems some individuals have a lot of built-in anger and foam at the mouth when "extortion" is mentioned.

And I don't blame them, some individuals do extortion terribly, and those individuals should be reported if they show terrible roleplay. The issue with most extortion that it shouldn't be for "money" it should invite RP for both parties and actually give one another benefit. Inviting the people into your community so you can work together, rather than people treating extortion like it's still the 1980's.

People need to ask themselves why should they pay money, like give them a reason to, and no, I don't mean "Let's threaten to burn down his place and make a CK app" that's stupid, and who's stopping people from setting up "accidents" to happen on the property? Then you can fix that "accident" or "issue" and they'd find it more appealing to do work. Extortion should be fun for both sides and with that being said.

@SiMo didn't do that here did he? He just made the guide, and that guide might not be a good one, that shouldn't make him the main target for "bad" extortion roleplay. I'd say both of you @Nikki @Tsarna are harboring lots of hatred for no reason. I'm sure IFM doesn't approve CK apps on "didn't pay for protection". If they did, I guess you guys would have provided evidence of this happening, right? Or is this just an assumption that CK's like that happen, because I don't see that happening.

@SiMo did nothing wrong, he just made a guide on a "touchy" topic that already caused people to sweat and type in paragraphs.
It's just a guide, It's not forcing you to do that kind of RP when extorting. I'd fully suggestion individuals that want to do extortion do genuine research, and try to adapt the logic to GTA W. IF horrible RP is shown when people extort? Sure make a report by all means, but punishing someone for a "meh" guide is not gonna happen.

Report concluded, no action taken.”

seriously, i'm usually against extortion, but get real.

Just now, .Pluto. said:

@ThatMuricanGuy is a PD detective that's working on extortion. they are doing something, trust me.

Well, it would be awesome if it is changed. I have been to PD about extortion IC-ly many times - and it all has come to nothing in the end of the day. Even FIB joined in at one point and it went to naught as well.

It all comes down to this internal flaw of GTA:W and really just a roleplay game in the GTA 5 world in itself, being flawed in terms of realism. Without extortion, a-lot of factions are left with much less RP. It is a huge roleplay point if done correctly, however- there's been a huge amount of it being done just for the money.

And nowhere, at no time should a roleplayer be prioritizing money over roleplay. 

We are on a roleplay server after all. 

But back to the realism point, extortion is no longer done in the same ways as they were before. Not in the same frequency, either.

If we had things like, fraud, forgery & "swiping" credit cars etc there would be a whole new section for criminals to roleplay within.

If criminals more frequently considered using, theft, embezzlement, whatever fraud is already permitted and available, pickpocketing etc more often, then they'd have alot more roleplay, making extortion redundant. In no way should a street gang be taxing local businesses.

In LA, there is no neighborhood where a blood/crip set is walking into grocery stores and taxing them money.

Show me that it's happened and prove me wrong. 

Just dropping my unwanted cents and ventilating.

edit: Before you say "why would a mob do pickpocketing"- yeah no, it's not like mobs also have youngsters and petty criminals who circulate around their lower-ups in their inner hierarchies... not like street gangs have young kids doing that stuff frequently.

Edited by cracked
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

@ThatMuricanGuy is a PD detective that's working on extortion. they are doing something, trust me.

PD themselves said they dont investigate extortion because they see all extorters do subpar roleplay and they dont want to associate with those. Which is sad and pathetic from both sides. I believe the screenshot of this statement was in the extortion guide thread.

• effion locked this topic