How does someone get out of extortion?

caballero

47 minutes ago, Tony™ said:

To start it off extortion nowdays is quite rare because the risk of it is very high from law enforcement. I’ll try to give my two cents very shortly from the blackmailer’s POV.

If you’re going to extort someone ICly you best be prepared to be business partners with the other party. If you’re going to extort someone you will also have to offer something back or help them push through with their business so it is more fair to both parties, that way the earnings will be bigger for both of them. The party being extorted should take advantage of the blackmailer by asking for stuff that they need, if the blackmailer doesn’t come in aid you’ll kick up lower next week to him and mostlikely he’ll confront you about it and when that time comes you’ll tell him that he didn’t get what he need so he could earn. The extortion should go both ways. If the blackmailer demands to get only the kick-up he’ll mostlikely be killed or end up getting pinched by law enforcement. And I’ve seen this happening ICly.

First of all extorters should do their research, be it a fish market or more expensive bar. Cause fish market may belong to a gang already and the bar? Well here are two IC stories that actually happened in the game. 1st one, a bar owner in Vinewood was approached by few mobsters, they asked for money every week, pretty simple. But they haven't done their research, as the bar belonged to a financial corporation, so next time mobs came for their money they were easily suprised and overpowered by a Swat team. Second example is a tattoo parlor, many people walked in demaning to speak with the owner and every time a police badge was flashed their way. Those are but examples, that show, that contacts are everything. Conclusion = you wish to extort something more lucrative than fish market? Work with those with infinite power over the city, government. Oh yes not to mention that more expensive venues usually have security contracts, sometimes more than one.

Edited by Engelbert

How does someone get out of extortion?

You go on the forums, report everyone and generally raise fucking hell about it, because its 2021 and realistically few (if any) go door to door extorting local businesses with literal threats, violence and vandalism.

Criminals have gotten far more sophisticated a while ago. Extortion now happens through paperwork, a boatload of licenses, taxes and whatnot.

Get with the times.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

You can either get another protection group, that's a lot tougher than the current one or speak to police and help them to do a sting-operation and bus the extortion dudes, but you'll probably face consequence of death and all that..bottom line is, eitherway..you can end up dead or gonna lose cash, that's one worry of owning a business, and to be frank..you make waaaaaaay more cash than what you lose for extortion.

Or you can just sell the business to someone else and go on vacation.

Because you know, if they ain't gonna roleplay extortion properly, why should I as business owner. To me personally, 

engaging in sub-par roleplay which may end up on a report, is just not really tempting. Given it's waste of time.

I would be willing to participate in an extortion roleplay if people simply put more effort into ir, cause how it is now, 8/10

extortions are poorly roleplayed and unrealistic.

Edited by Engelbert
On 12/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, Santanaa said:

You can't CK your extorters, police can only put them in jail for sometime due to no RICO laws, and once they're out, you bet your ass you're getting cked due to landing the cops on them, or even while the main guy is in jail, one of his boys will ck you

if administration would just allow extorters to be cked this wouldn't be a problem lol, also would possibly allow for hitman roleplay to "take care" of the extortion team

• Upvote 1

I have witnessed quite a lot of extortion attempts personally on this server and every single one was a group or 1 dude pulling up in the middle of the day asking to speak to the manager (including 2 places with cctv props visible and a createscene), sometimes in the first hour of opening for the first time. All it is in its current (rule-free) state is a 1 sided low effort robbery without any limits. I managed to deal with these IC but its absolutely retarded how many people act like it's the 50s and how theres not a single rule for this. 

• Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, Shiro said:

I have witnessed quite a lot of extortion attempts personally on this server and every single one was a group or 1 dude pulling up in the middle of the day asking to speak to the manager (including 2 places with cctv props visible and a createscene), sometimes in the first hour of opening for the first time. All it is in its current (rule-free) state is a 1 sided low effort robbery without any limits. I managed to deal with these IC but its absolutely retarded how many people act like it's the 50s and how theres not a single rule for this. 

That's all of them.

Honestly, it'd be much less tedious if they actually offered the protection that you'd think extortion would entail, but they don't even do that. I've had two separate groups try to extort me at the same time, neither having a care in the world about the other.

I've managed quite a few businesses and never encountered this mythical "extortion done right" so many advocates like to bring up as a counter argument.

Just gangsters wordlessly spamming bat attacks and yelling "you better pay up" before running away - and staff not doing anything about it when it was reported.

This is the outcome of a report I had against @SiMo for his poor guide. I invite any and all legal roleplayers to always record your interactions with extorters no matter how little they are, and to report them at any sign of poor roleplay, lack of realism or poor escalation. And do not forget; CK perms go both way. Do not forget your CCW and PF licenses when getting a business.

——————————

”I'll be concluding this before this report turns into "Gonna add my opinion as well..." and turns into a rant.
As It seems some individuals have a lot of built-in anger and foam at the mouth when "extortion" is mentioned.

And I don't blame them, some individuals do extortion terribly, and those individuals should be reported if they show terrible roleplay. The issue with most extortion that it shouldn't be for "money" it should invite RP for both parties and actually give one another benefit. Inviting the people into your community so you can work together, rather than people treating extortion like it's still the 1980's.

People need to ask themselves why should they pay money, like give them a reason to, and no, I don't mean "Let's threaten to burn down his place and make a CK app" that's stupid, and who's stopping people from setting up "accidents" to happen on the property? Then you can fix that "accident" or "issue" and they'd find it more appealing to do work. Extortion should be fun for both sides and with that being said.

@SiMo didn't do that here did he? He just made the guide, and that guide might not be a good one, that shouldn't make him the main target for "bad" extortion roleplay. I'd say both of you @Nikki @Tsarna are harboring lots of hatred for no reason. I'm sure IFM doesn't approve CK apps on "didn't pay for protection". If they did, I guess you guys would have provided evidence of this happening, right? Or is this just an assumption that CK's like that happen, because I don't see that happening.

@SiMo did nothing wrong, he just made a guide on a "touchy" topic that already caused people to sweat and type in paragraphs.
It's just a guide, It's not forcing you to do that kind of RP when extorting. I'd fully suggestion individuals that want to do extortion do genuine research, and try to adapt the logic to GTA W. IF horrible RP is shown when people extort? Sure make a report by all means, but punishing someone for a "meh" guide is not gonna happen.

Report concluded, no action taken.”

Edited by Nikki
8 minutes ago, Nikki said:

This is the outcome of a report I had against @SiMo for his poor guide. I invite any and all legal roleplayers to always record your interactions with extorters no matter how little they are, and to report them at any sign of poor roleplay, lack of realism or poor escalation. And do not forget; CK perms go both way. Do not forget your CCW and PF licenses when getting a business.

——————————

”I'll be concluding this before this report turns into "Gonna add my opinion as well..." and turns into a rant.
As It seems some individuals have a lot of built-in anger and foam at the mouth when "extortion" is mentioned.

And I don't blame them, some individuals do extortion terribly, and those individuals should be reported if they show terrible roleplay. The issue with most extortion that it shouldn't be for "money" it should invite RP for both parties and actually give one another benefit. Inviting the people into your community so you can work together, rather than people treating extortion like it's still the 1980's.

People need to ask themselves why should they pay money, like give them a reason to, and no, I don't mean "Let's threaten to burn down his place and make a CK app" that's stupid, and who's stopping people from setting up "accidents" to happen on the property? Then you can fix that "accident" or "issue" and they'd find it more appealing to do work. Extortion should be fun for both sides and with that being said.

@SiMo didn't do that here did he? He just made the guide, and that guide might not be a good one, that shouldn't make him the main target for "bad" extortion roleplay. I'd say both of you @Nikki @Tsarna are harboring lots of hatred for no reason. I'm sure IFM doesn't approve CK apps on "didn't pay for protection". If they did, I guess you guys would have provided evidence of this happening, right? Or is this just an assumption that CK's like that happen, because I don't see that happening.

@SiMo did nothing wrong, he just made a guide on a "touchy" topic that already caused people to sweat and type in paragraphs.
It's just a guide, It's not forcing you to do that kind of RP when extorting. I'd fully suggestion individuals that want to do extortion do genuine research, and try to adapt the logic to GTA W. IF horrible RP is shown when people extort? Sure make a report by all means, but punishing someone for a "meh" guide is not gonna happen.

Report concluded, no action taken.”

Ah yes, let's turn everyday working Joe's into gun toting Rambo type people that CK extortionists. Jesus Christ dude.

• effion locked this topic