How does someone get out of extortion?

caballero

Considering extortion isn't handled ICly, apparently? No idea if it's not, it used to be, but if it's not and it can actually lead to CK'ing the owner of the business, there is one very simple conclusion: Anyone partaking in extorting someone in the current situation is powergaming.

Here's why:

The only realistic thing for a civilian (informing law enforcement) does not work because the LSPD and LSSD don't have the resources to do something about it. If they do, the IC punishment isn't up to par and the criminal is back in their face within a day. Yet the civilian roleplaying not wanting to have anything to do with criminals is killed and the player loses their character.

What can they do about it? Nothing, the RP is forced: If you don't cough up money, you die. If you report it to police, you die. Only way out? Pay up, allow crime to flourish even more in a city that is unrealistically filled with nothing but mobs from various countries and street gangs occupying the southern areas of the city in a way that would never happen in real life.

1 hour ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

This is just fucking sad. This shouldnt be in a guide.

Promoting a CK because the owner doesnt dance your way isn't proper portrayal and Im baffled this isnt removed yet.

haha what the fuck, its almost as if what i said a few pages back in that brief talk with shanks is a community opinion :^)

2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

My above suggestion got denied because 2 days of jail time is appearntly IC and realistic.

I don’t think the argument of realism should come in to play here.

Do you expect people to sit in prison for months because they tried to take a bit of money off you?

14 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

My above suggestion got denied because 2 days of jail time is appearntly IC and realistic.

I would assume that you got the hint when it was shut down, instead you go to other thread and try to argue it... why?
And yes, lack of RICO law regarding extortion at the moment is IC issue, something that can easily be tackled ICly if people actually tried.

• effion locked this topic