Anyone else get annoyed when they see certain cars?

Juicebox.

10 minutes ago, Doosty said:

I have a character I RP living out of a van. I spent more money making the van look run down and terrible than it would have cost to buy and "max out" a sports model and try to be a cool kid. 

The RP that's come out of being a character with flaws, rather than another cookie cutter supermodel business entrepreneur has been both fun and incredibly rewarding. I just wish people would realize there's nothing to "win" here. There's no race to the best car, no money threshold that displays "congratulations, game over". People should slow down, enjoy the journey and let the RP dictate whether you're successful or not. 

A bit off topic perhaps, but these topics often go hand in hand. Do what you want with your vehicles if that's what you enjoy, but if you aren't here to tie it into character portrayal of some kind, there's much easier avenues outside of RP for these types of desires. 

This is ultimately about what role-play really is and the reason people even come here to portray characters. For most it's about what they can't be in real-life (or just aren't). It's about interesting RP as much as it is about this. People who portray rich characters (that are not serious but not trollish either) are probably inclined to do that because it's hard for them to achieve the same level of assets in real life. People don't role-play homeless because they can always just leave home and sleep on the streets with no food or money. Same goes for normal, regular civilians - you're already one in real life, why do it in-game. It'd be cool, but we can't force people to role-play what they don't want.

The good part is that this whole feeling of wanting to be the richest and the best will fade out. I've been there and it just loses its value over time, it's much more fun to roleplay a regular character so we shouldn't worry much about it.

It's a bit off-topic but it's still related to these cool, over the top cars. 

7 hours ago, Juicy said:

try making a character that doesn’t drive a sports car, I promise it gives more interesting rp when you’re around lower/middle class 

Hey bud, I have a pickup. Guess what? That still costs more than some sports cars. 

Fun fact, 95% of vehicles on the server cost more than 50k. But that’s an entirely different problem that is yet to be fixed. 

The amount of condescending people in this thread is disgusting. You should feel ashamed of yourselves, who are you to dictate how or what other people should roleplay and enjoy? Who are you actually convincing with that attitude and approach? How does the attitude you’ve shown in this thread reflect an open community that’s helpful and enjoys roleplay together? You know who you are, and you need to chill. If you see something you don’t like, politely open a discussion or don’t at all. Learn to live and let live. Learn to accept that this is an international community with people from all walks of life, and that not everything is going to go exactly to your personal specifications. Have some courtesy y’all. 

• Applaud 1

Restomods are fine, but painting a classic car neon green and putting it on Daytons is something that belongs in GTA Online. I tend to avoid people like that because they're usually in that GTA Online-to-World demographic. You know, the ones running everywhere, wearing duffle bags, etc.

spent like 100K in intentionally making a car look shit simply to slowly rp overtime fixing it, only costing more money. the car may be scriptly worth a fuck ton but the fact it looks dinged up and shit really ties into the whole 'scrapyard fixer-upper' that im going for.

cost of car doesn't matter

how you tie it to your character does.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 4:55 PM, Gryphboi said:

Restomods are fine, but painting a classic car neon green and putting it on Daytons is something that belongs in GTA Online. I tend to avoid people like that because they're usually in that GTA Online-to-World demographic. You know, the ones running everywhere, wearing duffle bags, etc.

Bad taste is a realistic thing and I do agree with that, but bad taste in real life is a whole other thing compared to bad taste some players have. Their bad taste is, as Gryph said, GTA Online type of a bad taste. Put it all to the max, the more the better, and it comes to a point where the certain vehicle looks like it came straight from a parody. But the thing that causes that problem is characters who are not even into cars getting certain cars for car-guy type of characters, just because those cars look nice and they are pricey. If your character isn't into cars at all, why is he spending so much money on one? It's really rare to see a casual sedan or a casual SUV driving around. That's what we need. Keeping it all realistic.

1 hour ago, Power said:

s6dx3Q.png

Saw this monstrosity the other day. A Low Rider with an exposed engine and Neon. But again who cares bad taste is realistic.

I'll deal with that through pc 419. Operation of unsafe motor vehicle. 

On a serious note tho', let people express their creativity and taste in vehicles. As long as it portrays their character and a realistic aspect of vehicles. We don't know their background story, what they do and so on. I try to trust the judgment of the player and if it seems way off, then I'd personally just toss a report up. If it bothers me that much. 

2 hours ago, goddessoflife said:

I'll deal with that through pc 419. Operation of unsafe motor vehicle. 

On a serious note tho', let people express their creativity and taste in vehicles. As long as it portrays their character and a realistic aspect of vehicles. We don't know their background story, what they do and so on. I try to trust the judgment of the player and if it seems way off, then I'd personally just toss a report up. If it bothers me that much. 

Nothing on that vehicle is "unsafe" so if you're looking to get sued by people, by all means lmao.

People are too picky with what others drive. Just do your own thing and let people do their own thing, who cares.