Anyone else get annoyed when they see certain cars?

Juicebox.

2 hours ago, mosthated said:

Depends on the character, but seeing half of the city in high end cars sucks.

This pretty much stemmed up my POV is a lot of high end vehicles modded to high hell, and some mods completely ruin the car for what it originally was.

Once again if you want to do these things IC by all means do it, this is just a collective discussion about how people feel about it. If your character can afford to completely ruin a dukes like that ugly pink one, go for it. I just think that your character has a terrible taste in vehicles now.

The way to change the current situation is not to add rules or restrictions in place to stop people from doing it, but to show that it's something that people can collectively agree isn't in any sense realistic. You drive a cool ass Benz, cool for you, but if it does not match your characterin any way, and you do some horrid modification to it, that's when I don't want to do vehicle roleplay with you. I can't take it seriously. And if people want to go into the vehicle roleplay scene, with cars like that, I encourage people who do roleplay as enthusiasts to run them off from the scene to keep a realistic approach to the whole thing.

A car literally doesn't need any modifications and you don't need the most expensive car to turn heads in the car scene, I know this first hand. When I brought the Williard Faction(grand national) to a car show everyone loved my car, because it was modded, but not to the point where it ruined the aesthetic of the vehicle. The car itself only cost 27 grand so it was by far the cheapest car at this show but since I knew what I was talking about and how to rp around it, it worked perfectly.

Another example of using proper modifications as previous posters mentioned, you should keep it realistic to the cars era. When I brought my Ellie to a mod shop, I popped a white race stripe on it, kept the classic shelby blue color, and I changed some parts simply to change the sound of the Ellie to make it sound more in-tune to the real life version of the vehicle. In real life the Vapid Ellie counterpart, the 67 Mustang(you can tell it's a 67 based on the type of side scoop it has!), is extremely loud for how slow it is. It's slow, so I kept the engine and turbo mods alone. No xenon lights, no GPS, nothing but those modifications. I love how the car turned out and I take pride in keeping it as realistic looking as possible. That's how car enthusiast roleplay should be, not a pink Dukes lol, do it how ya want but don't expect people who actually roleplay around vehicles to take you or your car seriously.

Edited by Juicebox.

Cars always come down to the character in my opinion. Make it suit the style of the character. Make it suit them as a person. Make it suit for what they do. Put as much effort into it as your char would put. Neglect it if your character doesn't care. Leave it at simple colors that you would get from a manifacturer and don't slap aftermarket parts onto it, unless it makes absolutely sense for your character to want those aftermarket parts on their vehicle.

Those are just my two cents, I'll leave.

Also rule of thumb, any vehicle over 100k is not worth the asset money and you are almost always better off with something cheaper that will suit your character better.

14 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I really hope this is sarcastic, have you seen the state of vehicle pricing? 

Money doesn't mean shit when an under-performing transit van goes for 81k and one of the fastest motorcycles in the game (BF400) pushing 130+ MPH is only 24k, just sounds like you're stuck in an ignorant state of mind where you assume more script money = bad RPer which ironically makes you look worse off here.  

13 hours ago, Marksman said:

Dude, even junkers on GTAW cost more than 50k. That statement is so incredibly flawed in so many ways.

14 hours ago, Sush said:

Can you show me where the Verona Mall is on the GTA:W map?

4KSR68c.jpg

try making a character that doesn’t drive a sports car, I promise it gives more interesting rp when you’re around lower/middle class 

Edited by Juicy
1 hour ago, Juicy said:

try making a character that doesn’t drive a sports car, I promise it gives more interesting rp when you’re around lower/middle class 

Both my characters are homeless, one of them being an addict because I wanted to help fuel dealer RP for dealers...

Try making a character that isn't gangbanger civilian g-checker #6534 Kkop Killer, I promise it gives more interesting RP when you're around actual characters, not the physical embodiment of the lyrics from a Montana of 300 track.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

I have a character I RP living out of a van. I spent more money making the van look run down and terrible than it would have cost to buy and "max out" a sports model and try to be a cool kid. 

The RP that's come out of being a character with flaws, rather than another cookie cutter supermodel business entrepreneur has been both fun and incredibly rewarding. I just wish people would realize there's nothing to "win" here. There's no race to the best car, no money threshold that displays "congratulations, game over". People should slow down, enjoy the journey and let the RP dictate whether you're successful or not. 

A bit off topic perhaps, but these topics often go hand in hand. Do what you want with your vehicles if that's what you enjoy, but if you aren't here to tie it into character portrayal of some kind, there's much easier avenues outside of RP for these types of desires. 

Edited by Doosty
  • Upvote 1