Anyone else get annoyed when they see certain cars?

Juicebox.

7 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Well, seeing any car above 400k price tag is annoying as I can not take the person behind the wheel seriously as the old term of Mall-Rat is the vibe I get from them. Buys a car that costs 400~600 thousand and pays insurance daily because he can not afford a monthly fee, which is the same as paying the monthly if he drives it everyday.

You literally owned a Pariah lmao. And then tried telling me I'm a mallrat for having a Sultan Classic. But yeah, to answer the question.. I mean sure, it gets frustrating.. but I don't really tend to give it any attention besides some IC abuse thrown their way for the bad taste in cars.

Edited by Moore
7 minutes ago, Moore said:

You literally owned a Pariah lmao. And then tried telling me I'm a mallrat for having a Sultan Classic. But yeah, to answer the question.. I mean sure, it gets frustrating.. but I don't really tend to give it any attention besides some IC abuse thrown their way for the bad taste in cars.

Having a Pariah for a few hours is completely different than fucking DAILYING it, major difference, I sold it same day.

Moreover, the Sultan Classic needs a price change, as it's performance is worth the 250~300k price tag.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
2 hours ago, Marksman said:

i would. Moreso the Cheetah Classic or Pariah fits the specifications of a "mallrat" far better than the owner of a Sultan or Elegy.

Again, it depends on the character's development and the reason behind owning the car. If that person grinded a script job to make 600k and buy a Pariah, sure, that's not realistic. If that person runs a successful business then no, it's not a big deal. We can't generalize. That's like saying to shoot all people who look poor because they're most likely involved with an illegal faction.

10 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Having a Pariah for a few hours is completely different than fucking DAILYING it, major difference, I sold it same day.

Moreover, the Sultan Classic needs a price change, as it's performance is worth the 250~300k price tag.

Okay but according to your own standards, you were still a mallrat. To an outsider, they didn't see '3 hours left' written on the vehicle, but rather you driving a Pariah. You don't know for how long and why someone owns an asset so you can't assume. You just said that if you see someone driving a Pariah, you think they're a mallrat. You don't stop and ask why they have it or for how long they've had it and will own it, you just assume. So you were a mallrat?

The type of car your character drives means nothing, character development means everything.

And yeah, the Sultan classic should be cheaper in my opinion. It's fast and all, but it's still an old car, overall. You can't sell a Sultan Classic for more than a Carbonizzare.

1 minute ago, Tempesto said:

Again, it depends on the character's development and the reason behind owning the car. If that person grinded a script job to make 600k and buy a Pariah, sure, that's not realistic. If that person runs a successful business then no, it's not a big deal. We can't generalize. That's like saying to shoot all people who look poor because they're most likely involved with an illegal faction.

Okay but according to your own standards, you were still a mallrat. To an outsider, they didn't see '3 hours left' written on the vehicle, but rather you driving a Pariah. You don't know for how long and why someone owns an asset so you can't assume. You just said that if you see someone driving a Pariah, you think they're a mallrat. You don't stop and ask why they have it or for how long they've had it and will own it, you just assume. So you were a mallrat?

The type of car your character drives means nothing, character development means everything.

And yeah, the Sultan classic should be cheaper in my opinion. It's fast and all, but it's still an old car, overall. You can't sell a Sultan Classic for more than a Carbonizzare.

I call someone a Mallrat when I see said person drive it for a whole effing month.

1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I call someone a Mallrat when I see said person drive it for a whole effing month.

Driving a car doesn't make you a mallrat though. It's more to it than that, unless we change the definition of what a mallrat is.

Generalizing is never effective. Give me one single example in which generalizing a group of people is a good way to describe every single individual. Really, there's none. 

31 minutes ago, Tempesto said:

Driving a car doesn't make you a mallrat though. It's more to it than that, unless we change the definition of what a mallrat is.

Generalizing is never effective. Give me one single example in which generalizing a group of people is a good way to describe every single individual. Really, there's none. 

Mallrat is a term from LSRP to describe the people who’d lean against their sports car at Verona Mall and constantly get into stupid shit with dumpster-fire level roleplay. Here it’s just a word used to describe someone doing something you don’t like. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Mallrat is a term from LSRP to describe the people who’d lean against their sports car at Verona Mall and constantly get into stupid shit with dumpster-fire level roleplay. Here it’s just a word used to describe someone doing something you don’t like. 

Exactly. Mallrats were an actual thing on LSRP. There were a ton of them, there was no regulation behind the realism of having an Elegy, a Fedora, a baseball bat and a reserved parking spot on the lawn at the mall. I can't see how driving an expensive car is unrealistic or mallrat-worthy. It's not the car, it's not the clothing - it's the roleplay.

After all, a good chunk of the community has developed this rich-phobia kind of behavior, basically considering anyone rich as doing something unethical, unrealistic or wrong before ever interacting with them or knowing more about them. And no, I'm not biased, my character isn't rich (nor poor - they're normal). I can see that more and more though.

30 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

this this this

mallrat doesnt even mean anything here. On LSRP, where it came from, it had a specific meaning. It described a specific type of person. Now, really, it is used to describe anyone who's a civilian.