Anyone else get annoyed when they see certain cars?

Juicebox.

I know sometimes this happens IRL but it's annoying to see a beautiful, timeless classic like a Vapid Ellie, Stallion, and many, many other classic cars being completely overhauled. I'm talking insane color schemes, fucking neons, dropping the suspension, darkest tint possible (this one not as big a deal), and throwing on xenon lights 

I know its IC and u can do what u want with ur car but as somebody who appreciates older cars, its an eyesore so see these atrocities.  Realistically since these cars are beautiful in their own right, as I list below an example of the 1968 Shelby Mustang, a direct comparison to the Vapid Ellie ingame, and a 1986 foxbody mustang, the model used for the Uranus ingame as well.

What are YOUR opinions on modding classic vehicles? Do you try to keep everything as close to that cars release as possible? Do you absolutely soup this thing up with insane looking modifications?

Personally, I've stuck to the exterior colors these cars released with, as well as left tint at a bare minimum, if none at all, and try to make the car look like the classic that it is with it's real life counterpart.

65f7aa8cb6e228d97a4a95d2b815124d.jpg

1968-Ford-Mustang-american-classics--Car-101294094-e3bfe0a5267ca9490770323815e1eb66.jpg

My advice, just let it go. Honestly, when someone pulls up looking like copies of Boost, DJ, Snot Rod, and Wingo I just ignore it. It doesn't effect my roleplay, and the people driving them rarely come into my circle of interaction. Pick and choose your battles.  

Edited by eTaylor
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I tend to stick with a manufacturer color, unless the car is supposed to be custom but I don't let it bother me. The kind of people that'll spend all of their money maxing out every. single. option of a car, they're not worth the time out of your day.

This. I make lore replicas of IRL cars unless the color the brand offered isn't available ingame, then I go for the best second. I don't really mind what other people drive as most teens that play this server are still stuck watching F&F thinking JDM good.

Same issue with supercars, people will always modify their cars to the max simply because they have the cash "script wise" to do so, or may buy a supercar which would be unrealistic for them to have with their current source of income.

My best advice is to simply avoid interactions with people who RP this type of way, you choose who you surround yourself with RP. 

• Upvote 2

Believe me I dont try to RP with people who wanna rice up a fucking classic musclec lmao but I'm gonna be doing it as I get more into mechanic RP. Guy wanted fucking neons on a Crown Vic. Fair to them if they can afford it it's just gross to see a lot of souped up cars all around the city.