Add the Univ. of Los Santos to listed crime-free areas (safezones)

liq

23 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Unrealistic portrayal. The same reason you don't go 8 deep from Davis into the county to look for trouble.

Far more time consuming than having a clearly defined rule you can /report in-game.

I get where you're coming from, but if I spent my time posting every unrealistic portrayal on the forums as we've been instructed to do for such cases, I'd spend more time on the forums than in-game. That's a less than ideal situation when the alternative is so easy.

I'd go as far as to include far more areas to the list of crime-free zones, with a more narrowly tailored definition of what it means to be a crime-free zone: flagrant, obvious crimes such as robbery and breaking into vehicles and the like. Banning the sale of drugs in clothing stores is a little silly and likely not what it was intended to do. I doubt anyone would get punished for that alone, but it's technically against the rules.

17 minutes ago, celestialrage said:

No. 

99% of student rp is underage drinking, partying, drugs and shit. just file an rp quality report since that was an ooc matter

Crime-free zones don't necessarily mean NO CRIME, it's more in place to stop larger felonies that wouldn't realistically be possible to evade IRL.

You're not gonna get banned for having a fist fight, drinking from an open container or dealing small-time drugs outside of a bank or a police station, same would apply here.

I agree with this, the amount of 9-1-1 calls coming from ULSA about stabbings, shootings are just way too much as it is. Most of the ones are committed by illegal factions. Never seen why and how these "shootings" and "stabbings" occur but, doesn't makes sense. I highly doubt something like these happen in UCLA. And I agree with petty and misdemeanour crimes should be allowed, as those are stuff that even the campus or someone from leadership can handle.

Supporting this all the way

Couldn't you have campus police (before the pitchforks come out, I don't necessarily mean another LEO faction, could just be some in the faction who wear a security uniform and are armed)? Or hire one of the existing security companies as security?  Most US universities have their own police force/security.

I'm a member of the ULSA leadership, and I disagree with this suggestion. There's some misinformation/confusion in this thread that I wanna clear up before getting to the why. 

2 hours ago, Unicorn231 said:

I agree with this, the amount of 9-1-1 calls coming from ULSA about stabbings, shootings are just way too much as it is. Most of the ones are committed by illegal factions. Never seen why and how these "shootings" and "stabbings" occur but, doesn't makes sense. I highly doubt something like these happen in UCLA. And I agree with petty and misdemeanour crimes should be allowed, as those are stuff that even the campus or someone from leadership can handle.

Supporting this all the way

There has never been a shoot out at ULSA. Allegations in this chat are confirmed as false. There have been assaults, yes, but especially in recent months, the use of weapons has steadily decreased. The last time someone used a weapon on ULSA it was a student who was expelled, and that was a couple weeks ago now. There's never been a shooting. What happened yesterday is being looked into.

2 hours ago, Paenymion said:

Couldn't you have campus police (before the pitchforks come out, I don't necessarily mean another LEO faction, could just be some in the faction who wear a security uniform and are armed)? Or hire one of the existing security companies as security?  Most US universities have their own police force/security.

UCLA, university of California, Los Angeles, has the UCPD, the university of California police department. Obviously we don't have that, but we do have a contract with Gruppe6 to provide as much security as they can, and we have a lotta contact with SD and PD and stuff, the details of which I won't share here. Security is still not perfect, faaar from perfect, but it's impossible to actually get 24/7 security people around campus. People typically don't join PD to be confined to a campus for hours and if they do, they're not enough to cover the 24 hour shifts. This incident occurred late at night, and security arrived very quickly.

5 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Crime-free zones don't necessarily mean NO CRIME, it's more in place to stop larger felonies that wouldn't realistically be possible to evade IRL.

You're not gonna get banned for having a fist fight, drinking from an open container or dealing small-time drugs outside of a bank or a police station, same would apply here.

I refer you to the rule:

It is not permitted to commit crimes or to provoke players within crime free areas. However it is allowed to continue the crime if the roleplay was initiated somewhere else.

Crime-free is exactly what it sounds like. Crime-free. Two students engaging in a good old fist fighting brawl is battery, which is a crime that would most certainly not be allowed here. You're not allowed to have a fist fight in the bank too, exactly because it's a crime free zone. Provoking players especially, it's a university, students say provoking things all the time. Not with this rule they won't. 

With the current definition of a crime free zone, this suggestion would destroy ULSA. We're not interested in that. This one incident - which I repeat has been horribly misinformed and misrepresented - is being investigated and will most definitely be dealt with, but does not warrant an entire rule change that encompasses far more than its intended scope. 

@liq

Edited by Hugh-Gi-Oh
The hoover gang did not shoot up the school. The allegations were false.
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Paenymion said:

Yeah but, you know, most universities don't have to deal with literal gangs starting shootouts in their facilities. Like, security armed with M4's?