Public Safety Dispatch (911 / Law Enforcement)

ThomasNoman

As the leader of one of the two large LEO factions on this community I can confidently state we are doing just fine handling the dispatching work internally without any sort of overseeing body or joint program with the LSPD. The two factions are too different to use a system like this without issues and we quite frankly see no use in changing the current system.

• Upvote 1

I will mention it was also already tried, at least in PD. This was, of course, before we had the CAD.

And it really served no purpose, nor was it fun for the people who had to endure it. The radios in-game already have an unlimited range - there's no need for a central dispatch, when every person with one can hear clearly what's being said, whether in a vehicle or on-foot.

To be frank, no matter how fast someone could type, it would make 911 calls simply not an option in the middle of an active roleplay scene, anyway. 

This is one of those things like a hunger bar, where in theory it means more varied, frequent, and interesting role-play opportunities around food, but in reality is an impediment to role-play that's already very firmly established. Having a dispatcher doesn't provide anything new when it comes to law enforcement, criminal, nor civilian role-play besides existing for the sake of existing, and I don't find novelty to be a sustaining feature, especially when it's your only feature.

Edited by Exploits

I'm against any idea that turns roleplayers into service dispensers / machines — that is essentially what you're suggesting. On top of that, that'd nearly double the time it takes to make the call. Situations develop way too fast as is.

Edited by yerro
  • Upvote 1