[GUIDE] Basic Credit Card Theft / Swiping - Skimming

MCB666

What is Skimming?

vSy7VBw.png

How do Skimmers work? Where can I buy a skimmer?

The skimmer reads the information off of your card's magnetic stripe and saves it. Later, the thief retrieves the skimmer and writes the data onto a blank card so it now contains all of your card's data, and then uses it to make purchases, which get charged to you. Alternatively, they just use the card number and expiration date encoded in the magnetic stripe to make online purchases.

(I've posted a couple of videos below.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll4f0Wim4pM&ab_channel=BenTedesco < Finding an ATM Skimmer in Vienna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1axnNK-wI&ab_channel=InsideEdition <Watch Credit Card Suspects Put Skimmer on ATM Machine in Three Seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JShPQVXQdQ&ab_channel=GasStationEncounters <How To Spot A Credit Card Skimmer (FavTrip)

Now, for IC Purposes. I'd suggest maybe passively roleplay buying it off the internet and

paying a realistic/reasonable amount via /charity. Since it's impossible to find the actual item being sold unless you know someone who can roleplay creating a skimmer and can use /createitem etc.

Skimmer Prices

gKzZK8Y.png

How the hell do I actually do all this? Explain?

Before applying a skimming device onto anything, make sure to wear a mask IC-wise 

(Remember most modern ATM's have a camera installed. You should roleplay this at all times. It's also cool to not roleplaying wearing one if your just starting your credit card theft adventure and are roleplaying someone fairly new.) 

-Set-up the skimmer device on the ATM. (Make sure to have proof of you doing this, don't cap!)

-Watch the ATM from a distance, which is pretty time-consuming but this is the only way you'll make script-wise money from this.

If someone uses the ATM, send them a private message explaining that you have installed a skimmer onto the ATM and if they could (9/10 people are comfortable with roleplaying this from my experience) send a random amount of cash to your character via /banktransfer. The way you get that cash is by roleplaying stealing that players credit card information via the skimmer - you can access that information if you have a laptop with you or even better, a phone with a app that you roleplay-wise installed which connects the phone & the skimmer via blutooth.

- Wait for another victim and repeat the same process until you have enough money that is deemed fit.

- Now, you'll be needing some equipment to follow through with this entirely. 

► A Residence.

►Desktop/Laptop

►Embosser Machine

►Prepaid Debit Card/Blank Card

►Magnetic card Reader + EMV chip / NFC / PSAM card reader (Magnetic is the most common)

-It's time to actually create the card, I'll drop some examples below on how this is done. (Of course you can roleplay this however you deem fit and use creativity.)

6w6AZBB.png

HOW TO SPLURGE.

You got a brand new card! what next? Again, I'll drop some methods below on how you can make money off this once more.

(Of course you'll be using the script-wise money which was given to you by the person you roleplay wise stole it from via the skimmer device.)

► Buy a bunch of cell phones, re-sell the phones on facebrowser or in person for cash for a lower then usual price. Whatever you decide. 

► Buy designer clothing items from stores around San Andreas and re-sell the clothing.

► Buy anything that's fucking valuable, if it's possible to roleplay buying it via card. Then re-sell it to whoever for cash.

RISKS

► Someone catches you installing a skimmer device, The police are called and you get arrested or fined. Now I've never been caught ICly but I'm sure credit card theft has to fall under something in the penal code or even installing a skimmer.

214. Forgery (M)

Any person(s) who knowingly alters, creates, or uses a written document, with the intent to commit fraud.

Shall be liable under a Class C offense only, and shall receive a minimum of 6 Hours. Sentencing Enhancements are allowed for this charge.

215. Fraud (M)(F)

Any person(s) giving false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury. Fraud resulting in the loss of $10,000 or more in monetary value will be considered a felony charge. 

Shall be liable under a Class C offense only, and shall receive a minimum of 6 Hours. Fraudulent activity resulting in the loss of $10,000 or more shall also fall under the category of a Class C (3) offense only, and shall receive a minimum of 2 days. Sentencing Enhancements are allowed for this charge.

► You roleplay taking chances with cards.

It's pretty cool to roleplay maybe messing up while embossing the card or the card just declines when you use it for any type of reason, this will draw some attention In-Character wise and probably will be a very awkward/scary situation for anyone involved in this.

Well this is the end of the guide, there's even more detailed methods on how to roleplay carding and more information about skimming/carding etc. But I'm not gonna write six pages of what a Visa Gold or Visa Classic is and which one is better or not. Nonetheless I'll leave some PDF Guides below if you'd like to explore more about the topic.

Alpha - University Of Carding Guide.pdf

https://docdro.id/ju5ZZJt

FRESH CARDINGTIPS.txt

https://docdro.id/ooDjnGZ

Basics_of_Card_Printing.pdf

https://docdro.id/X5zK16N

NOTE : THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS FOR ROLEPLAY/EDUCATION PURPOSES. IF YOU DO THIS IN REAL LIFE THEN IT'S ON YOU! AND DOESN'T RELATE WHATSOEVER TO GTA:W! )

Edited by MCB666
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...