GTA V on laptop?

elrey

I wouldn't get that as the graphics card is VERY old, ditto processor and the RAM speed won't be much good either.

For GTA I recommend building a desktop with available parts close to you. If on a budget, you can make many things work.

I put together a rig for 600 euros with the following specs:

Case: Aerocool Bolt RGB

Motherboard: Asrock A320 R4.0

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: 2666ghz HyperX 16GB (2x8GB)

GPU: Asrock Challenger RX 5500 XT 

PSU: Thermaltake SmartRGB 600watt

Keyboard: Sharkoon Skiller SGK3

Mouse: Sharkoon Skiller "Shark Force"

Storage: 256GB Gigabyte SSD / Western Digital Green 1TB 7200RPM.

It runs the game on maximum settings (FXAA on, 4xAA) above 60FPS at 1080p without any issues.

For the smoothest experience, buy an NVME SSD. Eliminates stuttering issues as textures and game files load in.

Upgrade path / other CPU and GPU options available as fits your budget, you can keep this setup and throw in any Ryzen processor as well as any RAM, the higher the speed the better. Buy cheap parts and upgrade as you get more money in real life to invest in it if that's your thing.

Edited by Paranoid Cobra
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually tried to play it on my laptop too but It didn’t work even though I also got a Lenovo which was considered as ,,powerful“, however it couldn’t deal with it so I had to buy a computer instead. I mean if your laptop can handle it, very good!! 😄 But Mike couldn’t and reading the other comments is just a slight approval that if  you want to play GTAV it needs to either be a really strong gamer laptop or a computer that can deal with it. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic

Hi! I am going to lock and archive this thread for inactivity. Please go ahead and send a forum PM my way if you want it unlocked and back into the section! You can also report your thread for it to be unlocked that way as well!