Blips and the problem.

Gore

I do think the map blips should be free even if the ads aren't.  I think more so as scripted business like 24/7 and liquor stores get an auto indicator that they are staffed.

Even a message into the chat log saying Business X is open and Business X is closed would be good. It should be limited to 2 uses a day though 

I have been a donator pretty much throughout my entire playtime. The amount of hours a month I dedicate to GTAW and the fact that I work full time makes the gold donator worth it to me. Now, that being said, I think the server needs a more "pick and choose" attitude about donator perks. I'm happy to pay for the packs, but they really don't offer much of worth as a pack for many people. Being gold myself (and likely staying gold through my time in GTAW) I do think that blips should at least be made available by themselves. 3-5€ seems pretty fair for the /bad command considering how much RP it actually drives people to, and how many people want that but don't want the other associated Gold perks.

13 hours ago, Koko said:

I have been a donator pretty much throughout my entire playtime. The amount of hours a month I dedicate to GTAW and the fact that I work full time makes the gold donator worth it to me. Now, that being said, I think the server needs a more "pick and choose" attitude about donator perks. I'm happy to pay for the packs, but they really don't offer much of worth as a pack for many people. Being gold myself (and likely staying gold through my time in GTAW) I do think that blips should at least be made available by themselves. 3-5€ seems pretty fair for the /bad command considering how much RP it actually drives people to, and how many people want that but don't want the other associated Gold perks.

I think the middle ground here would be Bronze getting some kind of /blip at least, you know? It's so hard to justify paying 3x the cost just for one perk.
I would be fine with it being a cost per character thing too kind of like what you said. Maybe have it so you have to buy a new /blip fee if you have a new character, be it be creating one or by namechanging even. Would still force people to have to buy them on a new character. 

I'd rather not have blip being tied to EITHER real life currency option, but something needs to be a bit more in other players favor so I think it's at least a middle ground to do one of these things be it one time fee per character or bronze.

Edited by Gore
4 minutes ago, Gore said:

I think the middle ground here would be Bronze getting some kind of /blip at least, you know? It's so hard to justify paying 3x the cost just for one perk.
I would be fine with it being a cost per character thing too kind of like what you said. Maybe have it so you have to buy a new /blip fee if you have a new character, be it be creating one or by namechanging even. Would still force people to have to buy them on a new character. 

I'd rather not have blip being tied to EITHER real life currency option, but something needs to be a bit more in other players favor so I think it's at least a middle ground to do one of these things be it one time fee per character or bronze.

I agree. Just make the bronze blip last 15 minutes instead of 30, effectively costing double to keep a blip on the map an hour, plus the mild inconvenience of fighting for a /bad, I don't know. I think /blip is too valuable an asset, really. For many people it's the only relevant option in the gold package, which makes the asking price steep.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Koko said:

I agree. Just make the bronze blip last 15 minutes instead of 30, effectively costing double to keep a blip on the map an hour, plus the mild inconvenience of fighting for a /bad, I don't know. I think /blip is too valuable an asset, really. For many people it's the only relevant option in the gold package, which makes the asking price steep.

For sure. And it's pretty much the only way to run a successful business. I like that 15 minute this heh. Still gives you something at least to fight for and be a bit annoying.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that simply are not possible without paying. DJing requires an /external radio station/ not related to GTA World, so spending just a bit extra for the abillity to have it added ingame is not a speedbump at all so this exemple of yours is quite bad.

You also can’t be a female singer ingame if you’re an IRL male. You can’t be graphics designer if you’re not one IRL. You can’t make websites if you don’t know how to do it.

These exemples come down to the same problem; IRL limitations, and that is unfortunately something we can’t resolve.

I know this has nothing to do with your donations discussion. But you listed DJing as an exemple, which is a horrible comparison.

This is not a donations discussion, but let me say this. As someone who's been an admin on other servers, I can say this much:

This server needs money to keep going, sure, but EIGHTEEN euro a month for gold just so you can use business blips is fucking insane. You can get the base game itself off G2A.com for 15-25 euro on a good day, so this amount of money for a few cool things and the ability to use a business blip is insane.

Of course, you don't HAVE to use a blip, but without using one I'mma be wishing you good luck running your business.

With that said, if you can donate, please do so because Nervous is putting a lot of his free time into this server and he needs the dough to keep it running. That, though, is not gonna stop me from admitting that the amount of money we gotta pay for such benefits is borderline insane, and that most importantly it's a pay2win mechanic. Sorry for putting it like this, but that's what it is, no matter how many times you try to deflect that argument, it is indeed just a pay2win mechanic. This is a roleplay server, we should be able to run our businesses without having to pay IRL money and we are, except we really aren't since running a business without an active blip is extremely difficult.

I'm not gonna get deeper into the topic and say how all of this is making it so there is no real competition between businesses. There is zero competition, whoever puts a blip out there gets all the customers. Whoever doesn't, eats dirt. Instead of having real competition based on who runs their business in the best way, who's got the best hospitality and who's got the most creative ideas, we've got dickheads running a bland bar with the same drinks that any other bar in the city has, and what allows it? The blips, the /bad and the fact that people are willing to be ignorant and pretend like this is not a bigger issue.

Edited by hentai!
  • Applaud 2
On 12/3/2020 at 3:39 AM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You posted the same comment being a smart-ass twice in a row to shut someone down, don't change your attitude now. 

I'm sure I've seen people punished for that as you're using OOC payed services for assets IC, like how you can't attack someone with a dog and why we don't have the option to convert WP's to actual IG dollars.

Never argued that, I'm okay with donations and helping provide for the server, hence the platinum donor tag and the WP's I have saved up on my UCP. 

I'm 24, work from home and probably make a lot more than you do, please humble yourself and keep the weird projection outbursts for someone else. 

Edit: End of the day you're basically required to pay OOC to have a successful business as the way things have fallen in to place over the years leaves everybody checking the maps for blips and not bothering with anything else ad-related. 

Do I understand WHY they need players to pay for these things OOC? Yeah, I do. 

Do I agree with how it's setup? No, and that's fine, I don't need someone spitting and dribbling all over themselves trying to tell me they're from Argentina (?????) and that somehow makes my opinion either invalid or SUPER AGAINST ALL FORMS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT. 

The current system can be improved, that's all, it's very P2W at the moment like it or not and I'd love to see it changed to give people a more fair chance.

Ntm a lot of people /togglead, so blips matter a lot 

• Upvote 1
On 12/3/2020 at 4:37 AM, Sim said:

it's 15 euros man

For some people, that's a lot of money. In my country, paying 15 euros a month has the same impact as paying 75 euros a month. That's the equivalent.

'it's 75 euros man' sounds a bit different, does it? In order to be able to open a business IG. In other countries, it's even worse.

Donations should be a thing, but the game being pay-to-win shouldn't. You literally can't own a business otherwise. I've seen people 'Hiring experienced advertisers' and asking Hey, are you experienced? (followed by a /pm got gold?) or Hey, do you have a gold membership to the ad service? also referred to as a gold card. It's just a no-go. Try starting a coffee shop, say 'it's in Little Seoul' and see how many people actually go there and drive around looking at all the store fronts.

41 minutes ago, Tempesto said:

For some people, that's a lot of money. In my country, paying 15 euros a month has the same impact as paying 75 euros a month. That's the equivalent.

'it's 75 euros man' sounds a bit different, does it? In order to be able to open a business IG. In other countries, it's even worse.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:39 AM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I don't need someone spitting and dribbling all over themselves trying to tell me they're from Argentina (?????) and that somehow makes my opinion either invalid or SUPER AGAINST ALL FORMS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT. 

86f5afa9a8.png

@BINGBONGGHOSTyou gotta work on your anger issues man cus like

On 12/3/2020 at 12:39 AM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I'm 24, work from home and probably make a lot more than you do, please humble yourself and keep the weird projection outbursts for someone else. 

you were pretty much fuming when you posted this and you can tell

This discussion would've been locked the moment it was posted if only nervous wasn't on LOA, it would've been met with the same response to every other monthly thread complaining about blips being monetized

Edited by Sim
  • mj2002 locked this topic