Blips and the problem.

Gore

The argument isn't about paying to donate to the server. As I have also said before I'm fine with that. The problem is that this shouldn't be one of those things you pay for, or at the very least make it so you can pay the bronze amount and not have to buy the one thats 3 times the price of bronze. That alone is a weird jump....8 Dollars to 25...

1 hour ago, Pathway said:

thats not allowed. I almost got banned for making it a requirement to have gold donator to work as my manager lmao.

32 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I'm sure I've seen people punished for that as you're using OOC payed services for assets IC

Just to clarify - Under Section 14 in the Server rules:

"Using donator features to make IC money (furniture slots and /bad are exceptions and are allowed);"

Not saying this is the solution, but it is allowed.

2 minutes ago, Juicebox said:

Just to clarify - Under Section 14 in the Server rules:

"Using donator features to make IC money (furniture slots and /bad are exceptions and are allowed);"

Not saying this is the solution, but it is allowed.

I remember having some trouble regarding paying someone IC to post adverts with their donor with GDMC a year or so back now, wonder if it's a case by case basis? 

3 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I remember having some trouble regarding paying someone IC to post adverts with their donor with GDMC a year or so back now, wonder if it's a case by case basis? 

I believe it was amended into the rules, to allow for that to be a solution for people who don't donate. I've seen a few of them in the ads, but the problem with that is people are IC money hungry and charge stupid amounts to advertise for other people.

Edited by Juicebox

The best way to sum this up is this - it's not perfect but it works. Having perks implies the fact that some people will have more or, another way to put it, others will have less (what happens here). Some perks create huge imbalances (i.e. selling IG money for OOC money), others don't (i.e. walkstyles). This is middle ground - there's an imbalance but it's nothing serious.

There aren't many ways to implement a donation system (and make it worth purchasing) while not creating any imbalance whatsoever.

And no, having certain properties or vehicles reserved for donators is definitely not the way to go. That would be a much worse imbalance.

1 minute ago, Gore said:

How do you see this isn't a serious thing? It impacts many people on the server from doing what they want to roleplay.

I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm saying it's not a serious imbalance. 

You can't give nothing (or something useless) to donators - otherwise, why would they donate? You can't give them too much either, or else the game would be pay to win.

The way the system currently works is as some sort of middle ground. Not too little, not too much. If everyone had acces to /blip but certain vehicles were donator-only, we'd have the same discussion but it would be about vehicles. 

I understand both parties.

Nervous has to pay the server, the licenses, etc, and we, as players, want to use the blip for free because it's more fair, unfortunately the blip is what gives the server more money and for that reason it's behind a paywall, and for that reason it will not change.

• mj2002 locked this topic