Remove Character Kill OOC messages

Tempesto

1 minute ago, Tempesto said:

True, but that's a very niche situation. If you're not seeing someone around, you should take it ICly.

That's one reason what bans being public do - 'hey, this guy is banned so you won't see them around anymore'. CKs are about 'this guy is dead'. Being banned is OOC, being dead is IC.

Might not affect the roleplay too much, but this is a heavy RP server and details like this are what makes it heavy. 

If you're not seeing someone around you should take it ICly, that's just not always like that.

If my PC broke or I don't have internet for a week, I don't want people to just assume my character disappeared without telling them anything or without giving a fuck about them, cause that's not how my character is.

CK announcements really serve a purpose imo.

8 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

If you're not seeing someone around you should take it ICly, that's just not always like that.

If my PC broke or I don't have internet for a week, I don't want people to just assume my character disappeared without telling them anything or without giving a fuck about them, cause that's not how my character is.

CK announcements really serve a purpose imo.

That's an OOC issue though. Once you come back, you can make up an IC reason or just explain it. Even if, let's say you're CKing and no one sees it (because they're not online, because of spam, not paying attention etc.). Or you're not online for a week but your friends didn't see the CK message.

I believe that's borderline mixing. 

If people obtain the knowledge of people's deaths through a CK message.

It's metagame, simple as. Report them.

Some may argue, "Why not just remove it as a whole then?", but I personally think that it adds weight to death - it makes people fear losing their characters. It's a constant reminder that no one is invincible in GTAW.

I don't think this is a great idea. I'm honestly on board with a discord channel for this imo. 

Knowing if someone was CKed OOCly helps if someone plays in a different time zone and they possibly wouldn't know if they were CKed.

I think major thing is that the passage of time in game is never 1:1 in real life and time skips happen somewhat often. Especially if someone has to go to the hospital in character for a major injury. I don't see anyone wanting to wait around several days to guess if someone's been CKed they'd likely RP wondering about it after a day or potentially time skip to wondering where said person has been in character right away.