Discuss your character's flaws, and how it makes them unique!

celestialrage

Cara is,

- not a fan of alcohol, making outings to bars awkward.

- forgetful, so she rarely remembers names.

- curious to a fault. She enjoys exploring spooky places.

- prone to talking too much if left unchecked

- apparently a great target for muggings, as they happen on a weekly basis

- terrible with guns.

- a pacifist, she doesn't like guns

- not really book smart or street smart. Some sort of weird home-smart, or something.

- a lawyer

8 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Cara is,

- not a fan of alcohol, making outings to bars awkward.

- forgetful, so she rarely remembers names.

- curious to a fault. She enjoys exploring spooky places.

- prone to talking too much if left unchecked

- apparently a great target for muggings, as they happen on a weekly basis

- terrible with guns.

- a pacifist, she doesn't like guns

- not really book smart or street smart. Some sort of weird home-smart, or something.

- a lawyer

the biggest flaw is definitely being a lawyer.

• Upvote 1

this thread is great and lowkey has some ideas i'll steal  appropriate in future characters

Terrence Fogel has:

- a perverse sense of morality (which really as a lawyer is more of a buff than a flaw)

- an overinflated ego

- a foul mouth

is:

- a complete slob

- disorganized

- harsh on the eyes

- overconfident

- a workaholic

On the plus side he's happily married, and (surprisingly) a people person. 

• Upvote 1

My character suffers from a light form of schizophrenia for which he takes medication that he has hard time with getting. He is a criminal and often feels great anxiety when things don't go his way (spoiler alert: they rarely do). Although he has many other inner demons and struggles he is on a constant "the show must go on" mentality, never really revealing his faults, even to the people closest to him. He's somewhat smart, but fails to see the errors in his ways. He is slowly swiveling down towards insanity with every day but... we'll see how it goes.

Also he has a ponytail.

There are more flaws but I'll leave the rest up to other people to find out ICly.

Hello! I'm one of these people! Everyone who doesn't know my char assumes there are no flaws. I'm not going to get expose my chars flaws like this because, I believe they should be discovered ic and that's part of the journey. 

BUT

I do want to say, just because a characters flaws aren't obvious to you, that doesn't mean they're not there. Most people hide their flaws from the general public. 

• Thanks 1

Okay well, I don't start off a character thinking about his/her flaws but somehow find myself in situations where I can develop a flaw and so I do, for example: I started off Maddy Moses like a little brat, mean to everyone around her, and super closed in her bubble, then she got to knowing people at ULSA, saw they were nice and everything and then went on to stop being so mean to everybody, realizing she might hurt somebody with her uncontrolled feelings. Later on, I said that was fruit of her being bullied during highschool years and having the mentality that everyone around her can be a threat, so instead of being nice and showing "weakness" she chose to be mean, up until she realized people aren't as bad as they seem. Now that doesn't happen often, but I certainly am the type to go with the flow when it comes to roleplay, with little backstory, developing it along the way as I think fits for my character. I'm not going to list every flaw now that I thought of it, I was going to but then started typing and got carried away. Anyway, kudos for this topic @celestialrage

• Applaud 1