Render issue by Legion Square

KeyNote

Rockstar fucked up PC optimization over the last six to twelve months, on older versions you could play on more demanding servers with ease. Nowadays it's all so bad that buildings legitimately disappear.

About two-three months ago Rockstar rolled out the new big update which screwed over anyone with a 1GB VRAM gpu, because the game cached shaders/textures in the VRAM making any GPU choke. Maybe this is what's happening to your card due to bad optimization caused by Rockstar not giving two fucks about this game anymore and how it runs.

That's my two cents, I wouldn't worry about it, considering your specs, it must a hundred percent be Rockstar's fault because I know for a fact Rockstar's PC optimization sucks recently. We all saw that update and we all saw them roll out a silent patch for it. That silent patch might have resolved some issues, but not all of them.

• Applaud 1

With all the things mentioned by Hentai! and Paranoid Cobra, I'll have to agree. It does seem to occur after my game has run for 2 hours+, both under a freshly installed game and after modding it. So if this issue occurs to anyone, just restart the game and if it persists then a PC restart seems to be the other only viable solution.

Thank you for all the input on this.

Confirming. Experiencing this for a few weeks now around the area of Legion square all the way up to the Davis clothing store.

No background processes running, reinstalled the game to my SSD and even adjusted the graphics to lower settings. Single Player, GTA Online and other servers run smooth. To me it seems like a server issue since everything else runs fine.

Somewhat extreme example, but this is how I experience it: https://streamable.com/ymlhqp

Did you both find a solution? @xiAshes @Jennie

Edit: just read your solution @xiAshes

Edited by Whatwasit
1 minute ago, Whatwasit said:

Confirming. Experiencing this for a few weeks now around the area of Legion square all the way up to the Davis clothing store.

No background processes running, reinstalled the game to my SSD and even adjusted the graphics to lower settings. Single Player, GTA Online and other servers run smooth. To me it seems like a server issue since everything else runs fine.

Somewhat extreme example, but this is how I experience it: https://streamable.com/ymlhqp

Did you both find a solution? @xiAshes @Jennie

Edit: just read your solution @xiAshes

Nothing, I had the same problem last night, PC freshly turned on and playing for 20 minutes or so, blurry textures (roads and some buildings) in Legion Square.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that may aid, and has helped me in the past is this: https://wj32.org/wp/software/empty-standby-list/

Download this and run this as administrator before you go in game, and whilst loading IG. Try following these steps:

- Go to task manager, details and find GTAV.exe

- Change the affinity usage to one core, as shown here: 14b40ebf2edb6be2a3dbb8b3569eff0b.png

- Now, go to ''Set priority'' and change it to high.

- Return back to the ''Processor affinity'' and tick ''All processors'' again. 

Should perhaps fix the render issue you are facing, let me know.

Have you tried setting high performance mode for the game on graphics options? "Graphics Options" is a Microsoft App found in every desktop running Microsoft. You set the first field as classic app, then browse computer. Select GTA 5.exe or PlayGTAIV.exe on your root folder, and select options, then select high performance which will base your game running more from your GPU than your CPU. Take a look at my settings.

image.thumb.png.e483e9b74e80eba3f6c5a2d3937616a1.png

I'm running an old CPU and my graphics card is a GT 710. I get lags when around Davis but not as hard as you. Even though when the night falls and I play more than half an hour, or tab out of the game and get back, I experience some extreme lags. 

If it doesn't ultimately fix it for you (which I doubt), you can end task GoogleChrome.exe on the Task Manager. That will save about 40%-60% of your CPU's usage which is why the system is experiencing a mass overload.

Hope that fixes it for you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Woona locked this topic