[COUNCIL] Hope Community Center Fundraiser: Marathon

Lomadias

NORTHERN DISTRICT OFFICE
PRESS RELEASE - CHARITY MARATHON: HOPE COMMUNITY CENTER

s4jUDcE.png

Charity Marathon: Hope Community Center

As the end of 2020 is in sight, the community is once again rallying together to show their support for something near and dear to all of us, Hope Community Center.

The selfless work of the volunteers at the center are but a fraction of the love and support the team has for the citizens of Los Santos, and with that in mind, the Northern office is running their own fundraiser in order to give back and contribute to the cause.

The fundraiser? The Kortz Center Marathon, taking place November 29th at 6PM.

Many of us experience the “lows” that life can spring upon us. It touches us all, be it directly or in-directly, ourselves or a family member, or friend.

Participants from all walks of life are welcome and encouraged to help raise much needed funds to help the Community Center continue to provide this invaluable service. There’s always room for more beds, more food and more love in the community and this is just one tiny way that we, the people, can give back.

With this in mind, we must also give thanks to the generosity of the fundraiser’s sponsors. With love from Pump & Run Gym, Vespucci Sports, Los Santos Soccer League and of course, the Los Santos Galaxy team, we have the support of some incredible organizations also wanting to do their bit for the community. The support from businesses like these and the determination and action from the many Government Agencies involved helps to make these simple ideas a reality and support those that need it most.

Of course, the event would not be going ahead without the hard work from the Northern District Office and the countless hours put in to facilitate this.  This is just one way for them to give back and the important message to take away from this is that they are here, they are willing to listen and their arms are open.

Councilman Spencer had this to say:

“I am absolutely pleased as well as honored to have had the Government agencies cooperating together the manner in which they currently are. This isn’t something new, but it is something that is consistently charming to have around.

I am out of words for how smooth things are going, as we speak an organization that I generally had confidence in, is finally getting some support monetarily. This, by itself, is a purpose behind me to never back off during my term and consistently give it the best of my ability.

I am also pleased to have mister Simpson here close by. It was an excellent choice the second I employed him as a communications director and this is a decision that helped me reduce the carried burden over the days.

Finally, I would like to thank the sponsors who made this even possible, as well as every participant regardless of his role. Thank you for existing, thank you for developing a superior tomorrow because, yes, of course we can, right?”

For any queries or concerns, the Northern office are listening and can be reached on 372 078 62.

As with any event, Councilman Spencer continues to show his passion to bring meaningful changes to the city and the rest of his term will be met with that same determination and solidify the promises he has committed to the city.

Written by: Ben Simpson, Communications Director, Northern District
Published: 28/11/2020

((thank you @KoishiKomeiji for the press release format))

• Upvote 1
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic