Dealerships leaving cars spawned when not selling

ChromaticDeath

As the title suggests- Car dealerships leaving their vehicles spawned when they are not there roleplaying or selling whatsoever is a common occurrence.

Not only does this completely stunt the use of the parking lots they often claim as their "private property" (Despite being told otherwise by Property Management), it causes a great deal of framerate issues for those with lower-end PCs, and even crashes upon loading in since the game has to load in so many different vehicle models at once, unlike a trucker depot that's mostly all the same thing. I've ran into this issue often- I own a business which has a lot next to it, and the dealership consistently spawns every vehicle they can, then leaves them there when they log off, rendering me entirely unable to use the parking area designated for the entire district my business is located in.

I believe implementing a rule where dealerships need to despawn their cars when they log off or swap characters would be beneficial for nearby business owners and players as a whole, not having to load in so many assets (that don't even need to be there.) There's no reason for all these vehicles to be spawned and parked up if no-one is interacting with them whatsoever.

This has tried to be resolved IC, multiple times, but it becomes an OOC issue when they log out.

Example: d435d407de.png

f6491ac602.png

• Upvote 2

It's a legit issue. Whole parking lots become locked out by Dealerships hijacking the first empty lot they see. Business get clogged up, look busy, but are empty inside because there is simply no where to park. It's practically common curtousy to not litter and leave your stuff everywhere and to clean up after yourself. So the fact a rule like this needs to be suggested is a problem in of itself.

2 hours ago, Jura said:

Completely agree.

A few weeks back I had to bring this to the attention of PM as it was ridiculous and caused frame rate issues for myself (I have a decent PC) so can't imagine how bad it must be for others less fortunate.

IoNCwYp.jpg

ykmplzj.jpg

JRHW6We.jpg

Just to note as owner of said dealership your reports were received and addressed & changes made to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Apologies for any inconvenience caused during the period it happened. 

It might decrease the amount of crashes and increase performance for lower specs, but on the other hand it makes the streets feel slightly more realistic. You won't find an empty parking lot or even a mere car-length parking spot in the middle of the city (specially on a busy weekend night), so searching for a place to park and WALKING to a business becomes a realistic alternative. That or taking a cab/Uber to a party, since a ton of people seem to think that DUIs are the norm.

Despite what I said above I gotta side with the low-end PCs because I know RAGE's a bit shitty even for high-end systems, so keeping cars spawned like that won't benefit any of the parties.

I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to this. When it comes to parking lots, I understand. For this issue, you could consider making a /report and see what an admin thinks about the issue. On the other hand, a bunch of cars is pretty normal for a dealership to have. It is one of the few things in GTA where your business is visible beyond what is already there from the base game.

As for performance issues, leave this up to the admins. If they deem that there are too many cars in a location, they can despawn them. I can't say I ever ran into any of these issues, even when Autopia had 80 cars spawned. The game is years old by now, and anyone with a reasonably modern PC should be able to handle this game without trouble.

What really annoys me most from these screenshots is the /carsign draw distance. Those signs should really be visible only when you're standing directly next to the car in question. It clutters up the screen way too much to the point where you can't take proper screenshots (because the signs can't be hidden) or you can't properly read your chat.

On 11/27/2020 at 9:10 PM, mj2002 said:

I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to this. When it comes to parking lots, I understand. For this issue, you could consider making a /report and see what an admin thinks about the issue. On the other hand, a bunch of cars is pretty normal for a dealership to have. It is one of the few things in GTA where your business is visible beyond what is already there from the base game.

As for performance issues, leave this up to the admins. If they deem that there are too many cars in a location, they can despawn them. I can't say I ever ran into any of these issues, even when Autopia had 80 cars spawned. The game is years old by now, and anyone with a reasonably modern PC should be able to handle this game without trouble.

What really annoys me most from these screenshots is the /carsign draw distance. Those signs should really be visible only when you're standing directly next to the car in question. It clutters up the screen way too much to the point where you can't take proper screenshots (because the signs can't be hidden) or you can't properly read your chat.

My issue with this being a '/report issue' is that if it's so consistent that it has to be done every single time, it's creating unnecessary tickets that staff get busy on. By implementing this rule, you remove that extra overhead and give staff less inane tasks to do so they can focus on reports that are more important.

• Upvote 1

All these dealership are leasing these properties they don't just take over random parking lots to sell cars in. If you are suggesting the cars are overflowing from their dealership to surronding area then yes that is a different story. But thats in character there are channels in the Government you can us The dealership carsign script can only be accessed by people who have a lease for a dealership lot. If I were to just buy a bunch of cars and chose some random lot to sell cars on I would have access to the /carsign command. And now you are taking issue with how dealers use their own property? So glad I got out of the dealership business people will complain about anything.

Edited by Power
  • mj2002 locked this topic