Official Status

Sinister

1 hour ago, shot 2 da vein said:

One of the reasons gang roleplay is scarce on this server is due to the current system.

Nobody wants to have to sit there and beg to have their faction be implemented, I strongly believe nobody also gives a flying fuck about even being scripted into the game, people just wanna have the freedom to roleplay.

Now that might sound off topic but it plays into this overall system, the system in itself is crushing illegal roleplay and we need an official status immediately because like I've mentioned publicly before in IFM discord;

This server is a glorified cops and robbers game.

Free up the ability to let people make their own factions, implement an OOC turf map so things don't get out of hand IC with all these new pop ups and tag worthy factions with official and supplier status but also keep the strawman applications implemented for worthy roleplayers who can justify it through their development.

These are all systems that historically worked and were proven for over a decade, and sure you can try to be different... but different is only hurting the illegal community at this point and its pretty fucking obvious.

Now I know what you're argument is going to be:

"Urgghhh but boohoo what happens when everyone starts making DM factions like LSRP"

Thats simple, ban them permanently. From my experience here the admins lay down the law a lot harder than over on LSRP and rightly so. Just because of a group of people wanna try and spoil it for everyone doesn't mean we shouldn't have THAT thing.

Thsts a ridiculous and immature train of thought.

IFM should be made up of around 10 members who have a diverse background in roleplay and understand the depth of development and realism surrounding illegal groups.

So on top of that, IFM needs reforming before the implementation of the system.

I think this should be taken to a community vote as soon as possible to save illegal roleplay.

I agree completely. People shouldn't have to wait god knows how long to be allowed to roleplay. Most people I know don't give a fuck about /f and the few benefits you get from being scripted in. You don't need to micro-manage factions to the extent that this sever is currently employing. People should just post their faction threads and get straight into it. If there's any issues with the thread, portrayal of RP quality then IFM can talk to, archive or in extreme cases ban the offenders. The current system just feels very limiting and demotivating.

• Applaud 1
6 hours ago, knppel said:

Thing is, back ten years ago "being official" , specifically in samp communities, meant to get access to the gun and drug warehouse.

Maybe an HQ property.

And the right to maintain hitmen by rules on"stricter" servers.

Now if I take a simple look at all the options gtaw offers to apply for that might support my (legal or illegal) roleplay in various ways, I couldn't define what an "official" faction would deserve on script support even or profit from most.

Drug and gun access, sure, but beyond that? A nightclub? A mansion for the boss? A backstreet massage parlor? A soccer field?  Access to /createitem to sell counterfeited fashion brands overpriced?

Keep in mind how both the game as well as players maintaining factions over time developed- I might be wrong of course after just observing this for some four weeks, but in my impression, also owing to the game design, factions seem far more diverse here (even if it's settings we all know well, lol) due to the simple fact the script offers more connection points than to simply aim to get a cocaine-warehouse granted ooc.

Infront of this background I think that applying an "Official" or whatever status on factions is just not necessary nor benefitial for this server- factions or groups that fail to uphold standards can be cracked down upon quite fine in case, and on the other hand every possible support one could want is open for application for anyone (meeting the requirements) for all I found out so far.

I think a lot of people on here are thinking the proposition is for replicating the LS-RP system to the exact, that's not what we're saying. We're proposing to create some kind of precedent to show future factions what the highest quality is, and for FM to give factions an incentive. Currently, there are 3 pages of factions, under an official faction system more people will be encouraged to join already able factions instead of starting their own. We are NOT proposing for a gun/drug factory, should there be some rewards? Of course. I think the majority of people think that the gun/drug factories bred corruption. Overall, I'm finding people are directly comparing this server to LSRP which is truly a disservice. The reason elitism and corruption existed on LS-RP is because the administration and FM encouraged it. I have faith that the administration wouldn't allow elitist and corrupt factions into official status here, a faith I didn't have on LSRP.  This is a new game, with huge potential, but you're blind if you really believe the illegal scene is getting its full value. 

Lol, this is literally LSRP faction gauntlet trash. The system doesn’t do any of that. It may for some, but it’s not at all what happens nor did it happen on servers that had the system. These “decades” just showed me how ass it is, it’s meaningless. If you thought you were hot because you had official status you’d have a rude awakening when you step out of your private discord. The system did not promote good roleplay, it didn’t create anything to strive for unless you were pretentious. This is IMO the worst approach. 

All this does is add an even more ingrained OOC layer to roleplay, what do I care about official status and millennial motivation badges of honor? I’m here to roleplay, we all are. The OOC status of a faction means nothing to me, it’s the roleplay that counts. I could see this collectively destroying creativity and expressions because it would pander to people who are more concerned with ticking an administrators box than roleplay. It would destroy gang roleplay to the arbitrary opinion of whoever trumps the badges around, and you’d pretty much be left with the toxic dumpster fire that’s LSRP. We got the same people here, but guess what; the system we have is actually keeping that trash out! 

I'm going to have to second Sinatra. A faction can be up for months and months but eventually without a goal or purpose people do get easily board. That's one thing LS-RP did have down that was decent was giving factions something to work for on an OOC level. Giving perks like guns and drugs is where LS-RP went haywire. It created an environment where instead of aiming for that title for good reasons, it was instead used for the perks. Here, what is being proposed is "official" without any perks being given out. Personally, I think we'll notice an overall decrease in longevity because the slightest demotivation can lead to a faction closing. It's like playing GTA V single-player with a 100% save file. Sure it can be fun but there is no working towards a goal. 

Edited by Sicario
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sicario said:

I'm going to have to second Sinatra. A faction can be up for months and months but eventually without a goal or purpose people do get easily board. That's one thing LS-RP did have down that was decent was giving factions something to work for on an OOC level. Giving perks like guns and drugs is where LS-RP went haywire. It created an environment where instead of aiming for that title for good reasons it was for the perks. Here, what is being proposed is "official" without any perks being given out. Personally, I think we'll notice an overall decrease in longevity because the slightest demotivation can lead to a faction closing. It's like playing GTA V single-player with a 100% save file. Sure it can be fun but there is no working towards a goal. 

If you need to roleplay for a badge then you’re here for the wrong reasons. You’re literally saying you need pretentious leaderboard-eque tags to motivate you. My dude, what about the roleplay itself? What about developing your character, settings your goals? What about moving your faction up. What the hell is a cute OOC label gonna do to your faction? 

9 minutes ago, Sicario said:

I'm going to have to second Sinatra. A faction can be up for months and months but eventually without a goal or purpose people do get easily board. That's one thing LS-RP did have down that was decent was giving factions something to work for on an OOC level. Giving perks like guns and drugs is where LS-RP went haywire. It created an environment where instead of aiming for that title for good reasons, it was instead used for the perks. Here, what is being proposed is "official" without any perks being given out. Personally, I think we'll notice an overall decrease in longevity because the slightest demotivation can lead to a faction closing. It's like playing GTA V single-player with a 100% save file. Sure it can be fun but there is no working towards a goal. 

Hit the nail on the head.

Just now, eTaylor said:

If you need to roleplay for a badge then you’re here for the wrong reasons. You’re literally saying you need pretentious leaderboard-eque tags to motivate you. My dude, what about the roleplay itself? What about developing your character, settings your goals? What about moving your faction up. What the hell is a cute OOC label gonna do to your faction? 

No one said anything about a badge. You're missing the point completely and comparing it to LS-RP. The way I envision "official" is a mentor position within the illegal or legal faction community. Someone that could be looked up to for guidance to those who reach out or that illegal faction management could approach for an experienced and reputable opinion on potential changes or additions that would directly impact the role-play genre (e.g. ROE modifications).

6 minutes ago, Sicario said:

No one said anything about a badge. You're missing the point completely and comparing it to LS-RP. The way I envision "official" is a mentor position within the illegal or legal faction community. Someone that could be looked up to for guidance to those who reach out or that illegal faction management could approach for an experienced and reputable opinion on potential changes or additions that would directly impact the role-play genre (e.g. ROE modifications).

Someone? I thought it was about the faction, not a person? This is literally a refurbished LSRP gauntlet system but on steroids. Tell me how this doesn’t create the power hungry toxic trash bag environment we had on LSRP. On that server there was at least a point to it, you’d get assets. The way you envision it is literally setting a playground for the politically adept people to run a OOC shit show. What does any of this have to do with roleplay? Now I suddenly have to listen to the OOC mentorship of some irrelevant gang banger from across the city? Lol

Bros, let's not try to turn this place into a remastered version of LSRP, people left LSRP for a reason and it's because it turned into utter shit, the whole system was fucked so lets not bring that into here. Be creative, you're playing in a different server now that's 0% related to LSRP, be open to try and suggest something new and not some bullshit that has been there since 2007 of an outdated script on a 2005 game.

15 minutes ago, Uriz said:

Bros, let's not try to turn this place into a remastered version of LSRP, people left LSRP for a reason and it's because it turned into utter shit, the whole system was fucked so lets not bring that into here. Be creative, you're playing in a different server now that's 0% related to LSRP, be open to try and suggest something new and not some bullshit that has been there since 2007 of an outdated script on a 2005 game.

This ^

Official status does nothing but breed elitism. It previously existed here and was the source of a shit load of drama. Doesn’t need to make a return. 

• Bospy locked this topic