Official Status

Sinister

Just now, Pathway said:

The system literally worked ass before. LSRP's official system definently wasn't based around rewarding good RP. Admin factions would recieve official status within a couple months and other facs which were objectively better and existed for longer (not being bias as I wasn't part of the facs I'm referring to) wouldn't recieve this status at all. 

It seems your issue is not so much whether the system may work here, but rather how little you trust the admin staff.

Just now, Dano said:

It incentivizes good role-play which should be a good enough reason in itself. It creates longevity for factions going forward.

It doesn't have to be related to LSRP's system, it can be changed in major ways. There needs to be a way to decipher history in factions, which factions are providing better role-play and realism, etc. This isn't LSRP, the system was flawed because the server/community was flawed. We're working with a new community, economy, and game.

What will being "official" do then. Because if it's anything to do with supplier, drugs, or guns, the system is gonna be straight ass. We should keep our current case-by-case application based supplier system no matter what.

I 100% think this is a good idea. I think there’s too many factions as it is. There’s plenty of factions that have been around, worked hard, shown they have quality roleplay standards and are ran by competent management. Why shouldn’t those factions be recognized and tagged by the server administration as being “Official?” That’s not elitism. It’s saying “Hey, this faction has been around X amount of months. Their members have shown a minimal amount of admin reports and we believe that they’re a quality faction worth joining.” It would cut down on people making factions with the SAME exact theme as other factions, and it would help funnel new players into quality factions so they don’t have a bad experience joining something that is potentially not worth their time. 

Set a standard. You can’t become tagged as “official” unless you’ve been around for X amount of months along with a committee of admins coming to a consensus that the Roleplay quality within that faction makes them worthy. 

Edited by Rickaroni
Just now, DasFroggy said:

It seems your issue is not so much whether the system may work here, but rather how little you trust the admin staff.

I trust the staff, we just shouldn't have a system that enables favouritism. It's not about mis-trust it's common sense:

You're an admin that has known another admin for months if not years and they own a faction, you think they're a good rper since you know them well. This will lead to them getting official status faster, even if they don't conciously favour them. 

Even if what i'm saying doesn't happen, people will still say it will, which is the whole point.

Reading other posts and thinking about how the system was on LSRP I do not think this change is needed. Yes, maybe pin them and make them “official” but I don’t think they should get extra perks and control everything.

Edited by mattmocz

I think the whole concept of having official factions representing the server is a good idea. What I think is a strain on the system is having official factions rewarded with weapon and drug warehouses. That is counter-productive and only develops a motivation to obtain the status for selfish reasons. 

I'm aware that the current system is on an application basis for weapons and drugs as far as I know. This is definitely a better system then prior servers that specifically awarded those perks through official status. 

Official status should only be a token of appreciation that is awarded to a faction that has shown activity, motivation and outstanding quality. The faction should have a fantastic reputation and should have been around for a minimum of a year, at least. That way, when a faction is decided for official it acts as a role-model to those aspiring to follow suit and positively represents the community. 

Edited by Sicario
4 minutes ago, Pathway said:

You're an admin that has known another admin for months if not years and they own a faction, you think they're a good rper since you know them well. This will lead to them getting official status faster, even if they don't conciously favour them. 

Even if what i'm saying doesn't happen, people will still say it will, which is the whole point.

This is a concern that can be leveled with literally anything that requires staff approval. By your logic we should not even have FM of any sort, as administration could possibly be perceived as approving another out of bias.

7 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

When you’re RPing around a quality illegal RPer you know it immediately- you don’t need some badge stating it.

IFM approve of all their factions because if they did not, they’d close the ones they did not like, down.

That's not the point of an official faction.

It's not a medal of "CERITIFIED OFFICIAL ILLEGAL ROLEPLAYER!!!", its something for all illegal roleplayers to look towards and study. A bar is needing to be set, so all if not most can reach a quality level of illegal roleplay server wide. 

IFM does approve all of the factions, correct - but it's all about keeping quality consistent and to promote good rule following, such as not IC/OOC mixing and other various rules. The current bar for what is acceptable can always be raised, and with official factions? It will only promote good.

• Bospy locked this topic