[LSFD] Meet The Employee - Leonardo Holman

Jorgensen

LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT
PRESS RELEASE - Meet The Employee: Leonardo Holman

Meet the Employee: Leonardo Holman

Written by: Alice MacCarthy
Published: 25/11/2020

The Los Santos Fire Department is made up of a dedicated team of employees who serve Los Santos and surrounding areas with courage, integrity and pride every day of their lives. Over the next couple of months you'll be able to learn a bit more about the individuals that give it their all to keep you safe and well.

This week, Public Relations sat down with Station Seven's Captain Leonardo Holman. Leonardo talks to us about his motivations for joining the Los Santos Fire Department, what he enjoys about the work and advice for those looking to become a firefighter.

Interview Transcript

What made you want to be a Firefighter and join the Los Santos Fire Department?
 "I saw the opportunity and I went for it, it was certainly a challenge but..if you think about it, whats best than working hard and striving so you can save someone's life? Its what kept me going and still is to this day.."

What motivates you in your job role or in the department in general?
 "The crew is what keeps me going, they're a bunch of dorks with a good heart. Obviously there's times when things have to be spoken and set straight, but the overall attitude of the guys in the Department is one of a kind. I strive for them to learn and improve themselves over time, being a Captain demands you to be present both on duty and off duty, so I try to be the best I can be...but there's always things to learn."

How do you deal with the day-today stress of the job, being a Firefighter?
 "I consider myself lucky that I'm just able to easily disconnect from whatever the job brings once I clock out, I usually relax off duty with my fellow Firefighters, friends of mine both from FD or PD or I go out for a bike ride and I tell ya'...nothing beats driving down Great Ocean Highway with my Nightblade."

Whats your favourite part of working for the Los Santos Fire Department?
 "There's a lot of things I like about the job, the day to day with my colleagues, getting to interact with the public and of course, saving lives."

Whats any advice you'd give to someone who wants to join the Los Santos Fire Department?
 "Go on a ridealong! *chuckles* See what we do, get a feel for what its like to be in it, that is my best advice. Its a job that challenges you on every level, physically and mentally but we're all here to help eachother out and we look out for eachother, if you're determined, you can definitely make it."

• Upvote 1
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic