Robbery Roleplay

ThomasNoman

12 minutes ago, Gryphboi said:

Wanna run someone's pockets? Take the time to RP it then, don't do a half-assed /me pats John Doe down or /me pats John Doe from head to toe then jump in /b asking them to show you their inventory. Search, be specific, because you never know who's carrying what and where they're carrying it. Take the risk of missing out on a wallet in a back pocket to find drugs inside a jacket, or vice versa. Take it as a learning experience for your character so next time you're prepared to pat someone down properly and make the most out of that narrow time window you're supposed to be roleplaying.

And as a reminder: it's not mandatory to /showinventory when someone asks in /b about it. If you wanna find something, take the time to RP searching for it. On the other hand, if someone claims an item is hidden somewhere and they didn't RP hiding it prior to that encounter, go ahead and report them.

This right here. At the end of the day, if poor RP is shown on either side, report them. If someone says they have something hidden that you didn't find, then file a report and have them show their proof that it was hidden. In my opinion, the biggest issue is what others have said. If it's poor RP, report it. Too many people don't report poor robbery RP. For the amount of people on this thread talking about how bad robberies are, there is a serious lack of reports in the report section about it. Can't fix the problem if you don't report it.

Look what happened when enough people speak up in a short amount of time. I'm sure Nervous had that drug system fix in plans for a while but suddenly when 3,4,5 threads get created all in the span of 48 hours and blow up to 10-20 pages each.... management takes note. If robberies have gotten that bad, then there needs to be more reports being filed so something can be addressed.

Edited by Juicebox

My issues is when I try to properly RP being robbed as a legal RPer constantly get rushed OOCly by the robbers. And then do sketchy stuff like doing a /me of aiming their gone but not using any animation to show them pointing again so they aren't noticed by anyone passing by. And the places you chose to rob most of the time are so unrealistic. Like this example cops are literally down the block and the chose to rob my buddy with two of us in the car

rjc4Qj.png

As multiple people have said before (can't be asked to go and quote it all), the "robbery RP" has gotten to the point where the person getting robbed cannot fight back and must do everything the robber says OOC and IC or else they will get a report on them. My character lives in Chamberlain Hills, a heavily populated gang area. As it is realistic for my character to be floating by a hair above the poverty line, my character usually only keeps a couple hundred dollars and their phone on them, but at this point, I do it so that I don't have to give up everything from my wrench to my beer I got at the club 5 days ago.

My point is, the whole scene of robbery roleplay has gotten out of hand, and I agree with the points others have come up with before. You should have to make at least 1 /me of your character walking up to the person you are attempting to rob, showing the weapons in your hands, or where your hands are if it seems like you are about to pull out a weapon, after that is done you should give time for the person that will be robbed (if successful) time to respond. From the person that is getting robbed, while it is not very likely for someone to fight back against gunpoint or knife point realistically, it happens sometimes in the real world. After all, who is going to murder someone because they didn't give up their 300 bucks?

There's my two cents, take a shot for every time I said "rob" in this post.

• Upvote 1

The only time I've ever forcibly removed an item from someone, it was because I was looking for a lock pick after someone tried to steal my car. This is the result:

I was essentially using the same methods you would to rob someone. I had a buddy with me, and together we tried to intimidate him in to emptying his pockets. He refused, so we roughed him up and tried again. During this time, the guy was refusing to let us search him. This was clearly evident after we found an ounce of marijuana on him. After about 15 whole minutes, he finally used /showitems. He was (without a shred of a doubt) stalling so his local buddies could show up and try to knife us. They tried, and they got shot. Shortly after, the victim used /changechar and remained offline for the next 20 minutes. When he logged back in, I told him to give me the items or I'd post a forum complaint. He decided to try and deceive me by handing over only half of the ounce he showed via /showitems. We had to tell him through /b that we knew he was full of shit, and demanded the rest of it. Our intentions were only to empty his pockets, but instead, he got beat up and two of his buddies got shot. Mindlessly escalating, no fear of repercussions, and a negative OOC attitude lead to this result.

Most people, when they're getting robbed, get pissed off out of character, and it shows in their roleplay. It doesn't surprise me that robbers try to rush the scenario. People will do anything they can to avoid "losing" in this game, including metagame. If you drop the play-to-win attitude and portray a little fear, the robbery experience on this server would be a lot better (on both sides) and there would be far less robbery related forum complaints.

I've personally been robbed at gun point on two separate occasions. I was carrying a pistol both times, but since I was at the disadvantage, and I valued my life over my pocket change, I let them have it. In one scenario, I found the guy 20 minutes later and ended up PKing him. Everyone got their slice of pie out of it, and no forum complaint was posted.

And let's be honest.. $5,000 is the robbing limit. That is pennies on this server. Most people drop more than that on a virtual private dance at the strip club. Is that really worth risking your life over? No.

tldr: I don't think there needs to be new/changed rules. People just need to RP it better.

Edited by brogza
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, brogza said:

The only time I've ever forcibly removed an item from someone, it was because I was looking for a lock pick after someone tried to steal my car. This is the result:

I was essentially using the same methods you would to rob someone. I had a buddy with me, and together we tried to intimidate him in to emptying his pockets. He refused, so we roughed him up and tried again. During this time, the guy was refusing to let us search him. This was clearly evident after we found an ounce of marijuana on him. After about 15 whole minutes, he finally used /showitems. He was (without a shred of a doubt) stalling so his local buddies could show up and try to knife us. They tried, and they got shot. Shortly after, the victim used /changechar and remained offline for the next 20 minutes. When he logged back in, I told him to give me the items or I'd post a forum complaint. He decided to try and deceive me by handing over only half of the ounce he showed via /showitems. We had to tell him through /b that we knew he was full of shit, and demanded the rest of it. Our intentions were only to empty his pockets, but instead, he got beat up and two of his buddies got shot. Mindlessly escalating, no fear of repercussions, and a negative OOC attitude lead to this result.

Most people, when they're getting robbed, get pissed off out of character, and it shows in their roleplay. It doesn't surprise me that robbers try to rush the scenario. People will do anything they can to avoid "losing" in this game, including metagame. If you drop the play-to-win attitude and portray a little fear, the robbery experience on this server would be a lot better (on both sides) and there would be far less robbery related forum complaints.

I've personally been robbed at gun point on two separate occasions. I was carrying a pistol both times, but since I was at the disadvantage, and I valued my life over my pocket change, I let them have it. In one scenario, I found the guy 20 minutes later and ended up PKing him. Everyone got their slice of pie out of it, and no forum complaint was posted.

And let's be honest.. $5,000 is the robbing limit. That is pennies on this server. Most people drop more than that on a virtual private dance at the strip club. Is that really worth risking your life over? No.

tldr: I don't think there needs to be new/changed rules. People just need to RP it better.

On the both side, yes.

Edited by ThomasNoman
14 hours ago, keep said:

It will keep happening for as long as guns are scarce and pricey.

Things need to change, you want to rob someone? You Roleplay a Davis guy? You don't go to Paleto to rob..

Also, why you think housing robberies are limited relatively? Because you NEED admin to supervise it, I won't be against that anyone under 100 hours on character has to have admin supervision on committing a robbery. Even if it's a crew of 4 and one is under said minimum? Admin required.

Because 3 guys abused the fact that server restarted, came to my car lot without masks, and then proceeded to rob my employee after knowing there's CCTV (that did not spawn due to restart). I got dragged into that as well, and robbed ("/me pats X down" is not a proper way of doing a robbery, he clearly knew), when asking for CCTV permission since I do have it mapped on said lot. Eventually? We reported them, they said they got us in an "alley" of a known business.. that has CCTV.

Edited by Vash Baldeus