Robbery Roleplay

ThomasNoman

3 hours ago, symphony said:

Though I don't see a problem. It's your fault you were lacking lol. Don't lack and you won't get robbed. Simple, it's an IC issue. And whoever said that they're getting robbed every 45 minutes, stop lying. 

You've barely been on the server for 45 minutes in and of itself. And as you can see, I killed the people doing it. I usually do. It really makes having to be the god damn terminator every hour or so frustrating as hell. It makes no sense. Because of this kinda nonsense happening basically every day my character has like 50-something CCW kills, it's absurd. 

Edited by Sush
4 hours ago, Shaderz said:

Yep, that's exactly the issue. Everyone is an expert at robbing others. They have no feelings, no emotions. They just want to take what's yours, feel a little bit of adrenaline and run off uncaught.

I would love to see a robbery where the robber starts feeling bad for the victim, showing actual regret for committing a crime and harming an innocent civilian and ends up dropping it and leaving the victim alive and well. All for the sake of character development.

I mean I'm sure some people do show that in character threads, but of course they aren't gonna break down and cry mid-robbery and display remorse at the moment.

1 minute ago, MCB666 said:

I mean I'm sure some people do show that in character threads, but of course they aren't gonna break down and cry mid-robbery and display remorse at the moment.

But that happens a lot. Kids who are peer pressured (usually by gangs) into committing criminal activity, but then feel remorse during the act and back out. The robbery was a mere example.

1 hour ago, Sinatra said:

I've always thought robbing should be very non forgiving. Meaning if you're taking the risk to go around and rob all the time the IC/OOC punishment should be very severe. Robbing IRL is not as simple as people make it seem and is considered an incredibly bad felony.

Alas, this is not the case. While the victim can have their character permanently killed as a consequence of the encounter, the mugger is almost never given a punishment more severe than a PK. It is a one-sided dynamic that removes the fear of consequence for the perpetrator, that is being exploited more often.

Now, if a CK was a risk for both sides? That would make sense, and it would certainly decrease the rash of low-qualily mugging encounters.

I would personally prefer no CK risks at all, but that is unlikely...

13 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Alas, this is not the case. While the victim can have their character permanently killed as a consequence of the encounter, the mugger is almost never given a punishment more severe than a PK. It is a one-sided dynamic that removes the fear of consequence for the perpetrator, that is being exploited more often.

Now, if a CK was a risk for both sides? That would make sense, and it would certainly decrease the rash of low-qualily mugging encounters.

I would personally prefer no CK risks at all, but that is unlikely...

u realise ck is only a risk if u pg and pull a gun while one is aimed at u, which should happen since ur taking a risk that could be avoided because u want to save an asset. The same exact thing happens to crim rpers if they do this with PD.

the mugger is almost never given a punishment more severe than a PK. It is a one-sided dynamic that removes the fear of consequence for the perpetrator

Not only is this false because PD can CK you, it's also false because you go to prison for days if not weeks on end, and even permenantly if it's not your first time because of the 30 point system. We don't need more restrictions for illegal rp, it's fair as it is. Being CKed if you PG is a blanket rule for everyone it's not a rule that only legal rpers being robbed have to follow.

55 minutes ago, Pathway said:

u realise ck is only a risk if u pg and pull a gun while one is aimed at u

Specifically only if I pull a gun, or does the risk also include other actions that may result from fear, such as blind panic and running?

55 minutes ago, Pathway said:

Not only is this false because PD can CK you,

So the only possible means for equal risk must be that the mugger has to be found and killed by a third party that has an active interest in preventing death, but is also routinely never part of the scene from the start? Why is it not a risk of a CK for the mugger if the victim manages to draw their weapon in time? Why are the muggers given the benefit of OOC protections AND the ability to set up the circumstances to threaten a character death if the victim chooses to roleplay instead of just performing OOC commands at the pace demanded by the mugger?

Apparently "/b you didn't /showitems in the five seconds I gave you, enjoy being CK'd loser" is a-okay, because there is a ten percent chance it results in jail time. Neat.

EDIT: Do not believe that I am lumping you into this problem group, Pathway. I am mostly addressing a section of the criminal community that is engaging in less than appropriate roleplay behaviors, and brazenly engaging in what should normally be extremely risky mugging tactics for the sake of script profit as opposed to creating a roleplay encounter. As I have never roleplayed with you directly, it is not my place to say whether it is a behavior you condone, but I cannot ignore the problem either.

Edited by DasFroggy
43 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Specifically only if I pull a gun, or does the risk also include other actions that may result from fear, such as blind panic and running?

So the only possible means for equal risk must be that the mugger has to be found and killed by a third party that has an active interest in preventing death, but is also routinely never part of the scene from the start? Why is it not a risk of a CK for the mugger if the victim manages to draw their weapon in time?

it's clear PG if you pull a gun with one aimed to ur head, that's not my opinion it's a literal rule, which is why it can result in a CK. If someone tries mug you without a gun and you somehow end up pulling a gun on them and they pull theres, u can also CK them. This isn't some one-sided thing.

Why is it not a risk of a CK for the mugger

because they're not the ones that PGed? 

So the only possible means for equal risk

Get mugged = You survive, other person now risks prison time. Pull a gun with a gun aimed to your head like john wick = you risk losing your character, as you should, they shouldn't risk losing their character because of your powergame. I'm unsure what exactly you're advocating for, that this isn't considered PG anymore? Or that you can PG by pulling your gun, and then CK them? Why would you be able to CK them if you're the one that pulled your gun, I'm really not understanding.

Apparently "/b you didn't /showitems in the five seconds I gave you, enjoy being CK'd loser" is a-okay, because there is a ten percent chance it results in jail time. Neat.

You're trying to frame this as if you are garunteed a CK if you get robbed. Just don't play to win or powergame and your chance of being CKed drops to 0, this isn't my opinion, it's server rules.

EDIT: Do not believe that I am lumping you into this problem group, Pathway

I don't think you're lumping me into the problem group, I don't do mugging rp. Ive been on the server 2 years and every single time i've tried to RP mugging someone they stopped responding /me's, heavily stalled, tried to shoot back like john wick even though they had a gun to their chest, or straight up just disconnected. I don't like making reports on people so, I just stopped doing that kind of RP. There's problems on the legal rp side of this too, and it's not a small minority. Even if you're trying to rp robbing jewellery or something that isn't that expensive of an asset, people will play to win so much not to take an L that it makes it painfully un-fun to rp. 

I agree with some of the stuff you're saying, but you seem to have the wrong attitude about this. If you get caught alone and don't pull your gun, then someone puts a gun to your head, why wouldn't you just give up your stuff? If you're gonna shoot, do it before someone has a gun to your face, then you don't get CKed for powergame. There's several ways to avoid being mugged, and several ways to avoid powergaming, you're making it seem like there's no way to avoid a CK and that it's unfair when it's not, we all have to follow the exact same rules.

24 minutes ago, Pathway said:

This isn't some one-sided thing.

This is what I am mainly interested in. As long as they are just at much risk of being CKed as their victim should they die without some rule violation, my main concern is out of the way. 

Obviously it is balanced when the mugger is putting their life on the line. There is ample reason to want to hurry if the risk of even one armed samaritan intervening can lead to the mugger being CKed.

That changes everything about this discussion. The mugger being equally at risk of a CK really warrants the urgency.

28 minutes ago, Pathway said:

why wouldn't you just give up your stuff?

Until you pointed out that muggers are just as open to CK when initiating the mugging, my main problem was that I could not hand the stuff over fast enough (and admittedly, the brutality of some muggings). Given the frequency, my character treats a mugging as a sort of ritual - have the wallet and phone ready to hand over before they even ask.

Except, some muggers consider that stalling? I am making an active effort to hand over my valuables, and instead my character is told to shut up, strip searched, and brutally beat to near death in order to "ensure a clean getaway". 

That seems a bit much, no?

7 hours ago, DLimit said:

Not at all, you're usually purchasing ounces at lower prices and then re-selling it  to make around a hundred dollars. It's not as profitable as one can imagine. Then again, an hour of minimum-wage labour is the equivalent to a gram of marijuana, at times. However, if you sell that Half-O in a day, then you'd be earning the same amount of wealth as a person that laboured an 8-10 hour shift.

EDIT: That's IF you're selling it by the DIME as the price of marijuana decreases depending on the weight.

Most dime-bag dealers start off with selling half-ounces, which earns them around thirty to sixty dollars.

You'd need to be pushing kilos to actually live luxurious. That's earning around $1000-$2000 dollars per kilo, depending on whether you sell it in bulk or just as dime bags. It also depends on whether you're "pinching" people's weed. Usually, that'd be sold in a day, which is a lot of money when compared to a minimum wage labourer, who'd earn $100-$150 a day. A lot of dime-bag emcees actually lease or rent out vehicles and purchase fake jewelry and counterfeit money to deceive the public into believing that they're rich. In realty? Most of them are in debt to credit card companies. Otherwise, they wouldn't be living in the projects. Real life.

Have you ever been in touch with drug crime at first hand? Maybe I shouldn’t of have mentioned Marijuana as the sole drug. Drug dealers do make enough profit to live off’ and it is not really up to realism In Game where making a single drug deal is hard to come by.