Robbery Roleplay

ThomasNoman

20 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

There are people who can carry out 'fun' muggings. They are just in short supply.

Who in the hell goes out to perform a 'fun' mugging? There's nothing fun about robbing someone or being robbed. It feels like you want to be a in a safe place so heres another suggestion. Why not bring in an option where you can toggle on and off where you can/can't be robbed which you can toggle on and off at free will. That'll solve the issue.

Vinewood hills, little Seoul, Vespucci beach, Mission Row, and on one occasion an open highway.

Stop sitting outside in areas that are famously known to be gang owned or hot spots for robbers and stop AFKing on the highway.

Almost regularly, usually after I decline via /b the ((/SHOWINV NOW)) requests even despite trying to tell them IC that I want to hand over the stuff they want.

And there's your problem, you make a 5 minute robbery into a 15 minute one because you just don't want to give up your items. If they're searching you from head to toe, they can/should request that in my opinion. Who knows, you could have a rocket launcher up your ass but how am I, the robber, suppose to know that without having you do /showinv ?

Unfortunately, when being physically and violently assaulted, the victim may consider running away a better option to potentially being killed. Wow, imagine that?

And then that's when you get CKed for lack of fear, why in the fuck would you try to run when you have a gun pointed to you and the ROBBER is showing he'd willingly kill you have a bunch of cash. Imagine that, a robber that'd kill you for money. What world do we live in!

5 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

Who in the hell goes out to perform a 'fun' mugging? There's nothing fun about robbing someone or being robbed. It feels like you want to be a in a safe place so heres another suggestion. Why not bring in an option where you can toggle on and off where you can/can't be robbed which you can toggle on and off at free will. That'll solve the issue.

There's better and worse ways to make an RP situation (even one that has a negative outcome for a victim) more entertaining, RP being a social medium of storytelling. Robberies themselves existing are not the issue.

8 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

And there's your problem, you make a 5 minute robbery into a 15 minute one because you just don't want to give up your items. If they're searching you from head to toe, they can/should request that in my opinion. Who knows, you could have a rocket launcher up your ass but how am I, the robber, suppose to know that without having you do /showinv ?

Did you read the comment you are responding to? They said they are willing to give up everything. If they don't give you everything after you've RPed searching them, then they're breaking the rules. If I keep my weed in my shoes and you didn't emote taking off my shoes, why should I make use of an OOC command to show you all the items in places you haven't looked? If you want to make a thorough check, make the check. Searching someone top to bottom isn't an action that one should reasonably do in one short emote.

10 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

And then that's when you get CKed for lack of fear, why in the fuck would you try to run when you have a gun pointed to you and the ROBBER is showing he'd willingly kill you have a bunch of cash. Imagine that, a robber that'd kill you for money. What world do we live in!

Because fear is strange and people react differently in fear. Running away is fear. You're trying to run away from a threatening situation. If you're about to murder a civilian that's scared and running away in cold blood over at most a phone and a wallet you're equally showing the same lack of fear for the repercussions of your actions. Again, the topic of fear is tricky, and people react to fear differently.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

There's nothing fun...

This is not the most healthy attitude to have in a roleplay community. If your personal fun cannot take place without the explicit goal of ruining the OOC entertainment of others, there may be some reconsideration needed. I hear the GTA singleplayer offers what you seek.

11 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

It feels like you want to be a in a safe place...

No? A mugging can be entertaining for both sides. I have experienced them, and if there were some way to reward people for such encounters, I would. Tragically, it is not easy to preemptively know if the one I am interacting with intends to actually try to roleplay.

14 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

Stop sitting outside in areas that are famously known to be gang owned or hot spots for robbers and stop AFKing on the highway.

Mission Row is a hot spot for robbers? I will be sure to remember to avoid being within earshot of the police station from now on. As for being AFK, I strictly avoid doing so. Why would you choose to assume otherwise?

15 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

And there's your problem, you make a 5 minute robbery into a 15 minute one...

...by literally trying to hand over my valuables before the muggers even speak? 

16 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

And then that's when you get CKed for lack of fear

Precisely the control you seem eager to use for the sake of exploring otherwise unspeakable acts that just barely fall short of actual murder.

6 minutes ago, Koko said:

Because fear is strange and people react differently in fear. Running away is fear. You're trying to run away from a threatening situation. If you're about to murder a civilian that's scared and running away in cold blood over at most a phone and a wallet you're equally showing the same lack of fear for the repercussions of your actions. Again, the topic of fear is tricky, and people react to fear differently.

Just as much as you want to play "fear" as a reason to run away from a gun. Then the person robbing can panic in "Fear" and shoot as a reaction to you trying to run away. People do react to fear differently, you're correct.

Simply put get good, I’ve been the victim

of legal roleplayers stalling nonstop or not RP’ing any fear so they can keep their precious scripts and their 8,000 dollar PF gun and like 2,000 dollars at most and I have no sympathy

Edited by Juicy
4 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

As for being AFK, I strictly avoid doing so. Why would you choose to assume otherwise?

Because you just stated you get robbed on a weekly basis and I asked you where, you said the highway. What are you doing on the highway for you to be getting robbed on a weekly basis? Unless you go out the highway because you like being robbed. You must like being robbed because you keep going back to these areas where you get robbed on a weekly basis.

4 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

This is not the most healthy attitude to have in a roleplay community. If your personal fun cannot take place without the explicit goal of ruining the OOC entertainment of others, there may be some reconsideration needed. I hear the GTA singleplayer offers what you seek.

I'm talking about in a in character aspect, I guess I've got to make it clear for you. The roleplay should be smooth for both sides, smooth. You going "IM NOT GONNA SHOW YOU MY ITEMS" in /b does not make it smooth at all. It seems like singeplayer is best suited for you. You don't like being robbed, you don't like being attacked or told to shut up, you can't see that your actions causes these results. Singleplayer is perfect for you, you'll be able to thrive. There's an option to where you toggle off so you can't be attacked. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Simply put get good, I’ve been the victim

of legal roleplayers stalling nonstop or not RP’ing any fear so they can keep their precious scripts and their 8,000 dollar PF gun and like 2,000 dollars at most and I have no sympathy

If those items are so insignificant why have you been complaining about that once incident in specific for over a week now? Surely that wouldn't matter if they weren't valuable or important, right?

16 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

Just as much as you want to play "fear" as a reason to run away from a gun. Then the person robbing can panic in "Fear" and shoot as a reaction to you trying to run away. People do react to fear differently, you're correct.

This much is fine. I have no qualms with a mugger reacting by shooting if the victim runs, and would not complain even if items were taken by force. My issue is that it is a one-sided CK risk. If the mugger faced a similar risk of a CK should the encounter backfire, or the risk of CK for the victim be removed, I would be completely without complaints.

9 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

What are you doing on the highway for you to be getting robbed on a weekly basis?

I listed a number of locations, and explicitly stated it happened on the highway once. Why have you gone to assert it has happened more than once at exclusively one location? 

The roleplay should be smooth for both sides, smooth.

What is more smooth than handing over my valuables? Why must OOC need to know of a taco that I did not mention be the hinge point in which a mugging is deemed smooth or not, in an encounter that should be as brief as possible?

You don't like being robbed, you don't like being attacked or told to shut up

I do not like wild escalation based on an OOC urge that completely flies in the face of the interaction. You keep insisting on assumptions of what I want out of these encounters, even though I have stated repeatedly that my main concern is unrealistic  one-sided escalation. Why is this discussion upsetting you to the point of you willingly and deliberately misconstruing what I am saying?

Edited by DasFroggy
4 minutes ago, Sush said:

If those items are so insignificant why have you been complaining about that once incident in specific for over a week now? Surely that wouldn't matter if they weren't valuable or important, right?

Because the stalling and the blatant admin abuse on the other side lead to me getting jailed for 14 days 

Us illegal and legal roleplayers will never see eye to eye. It upsets me beyond belief!!!

I can't respond to you anymore, you're making me angry! You just cant see my point of view, gosh. If only there was a way to stop you from doing that. I got it, let me not answer any of your points at all and start playing victim.

I think I've read enough and all jokes aside, I wish you the best of luck in trying to enforce a CK rule on robbers. Good day