Robbery Roleplay

ThomasNoman

1 minute ago, stijn said:

The only reason people rob so much is because that's along with scamming a fuck ton of people is really the only way to get money through illicit means, for low level street type of guys that wouldn't be able to sell firearms. I don't think we need to put more rules on robberies but fix what is broken, the fact that Los Santos has the highest rate of broke drug dealers?...

Hopefully the new drug update will sort of...help? I mean it's been expected since forever. 

Edited by MCB666
9 minutes ago, bluez said:

Are you getting robbed every 45 minutes? 

If you stand outside, yes. The night where that happened, they were the 5th car with 3-4 masked people in it to circle the cul-de-sac within the hour prior to the shooting taking place. From a statistics standpoint I'd say 70-80% of all vehicular traffic on the Cul-De-Sac is squads of robbers aiming guns at anything with a heartbeat. 

Edited by Sush
8 minutes ago, Jennie said:

It should just be added to the offensive roleplay rule, I don't understand the mental sick sadism of some people.

While I do agree, the reasons for such steps being introduced into the new mugging routine make sense from an OOC perspective, to a point.

- The strip search is the newest answer to the staff decision that /showitems is optional. If the victim refuses to comply with the OOC request, the mugger can just circumvent it by stripping the victim down so they can find a majority of the valuables being held.

- The near-fatal bearings after are likely intended to debilitate the victim and render them incapable of interfering with the mugger's departure. A broken and unconscious body cannot run or call for help.

Ultimately, cooperation is becoming harder, as too often muggers will just speedrun the experience and use the Fear for life OOC rule to achieve the best possible outcome, even if the steps used are unrealistic. I cannot stress enough how unreal it seems that a character is constrained by an OOC rule and forced to go through numerous experiences that could result in death -or worse-, with no ability to rationalize an alternative.

That said, I also understand that these experiences are from a very specific portion of the criminal roleplay community. Not every mugger is bad, and I have had muggings that were fun for both sides. If anyone is interested in suggestions for improvement, I would be happy to help.

Edited by DasFroggy
13 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

With a legal character, I already know the drill. Having the wallet and phone ready for the handover is almost reflex with how frequent muggings are now, but just as frequent are the occasions in which my character is told to shut up, strip-searched, and then given a near-fatal beating to limit the risk of her finding help later.

There really needs to be a limit on how much a victim must endure before they can be more afraid of further cooperation than resisting and choose an alternative course without risk of a CK.

How many times have you been robbed on that character? In what areas are you being robbed in? How frequently are you "beat down, strip searched and told to shut up" in a robbery?

Unfortunately in robberies, the person robbing you is not a nice person. Wow, imagine that? The person that wants your personal possessions for his/hers personal gain told you to shut up and beat you up because you probably resisted or said a stupid comment for you to deserve a beating. This game a simulation of real life, this shit happens IRL. If you feel uncomfortable with being robbed then you should move houses, move to a crime free area with Gruppe 6 patrols to make sure you're safe.

If someone is robbing every 45 minutes, make a report or make a rule to limit someone from robbing within a certain period of time if it's that bad. Or even better yet, lets make an appeal section where someone has to request the "Robber" job where only they can rob people, we'll limit it to only 5 people out of the 500 player base so that it's extremely rare that you'll get robbed. Oh, how about this, lets remove robbing all together so that we're all safe and sound at night, lets make companies like Gruppe 6 lose income because you know for a fact there's 0 chance you'll get robbed so their patrol services are no longer needed.

Five pages of debating about something that will never change unless you stop it all together won't help. Suggest realistic rules or ideas that'll benefit everyone and not stories about how you was robbed or how sad it makes you.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
9 minutes ago, stijn said:

The only reason people rob so much is because that's along with scamming a fuck ton of people is really the only way to get money through illicit means, for low level street type of guys that wouldn't be able to sell firearms. I don't think we need to put more rules on robberies but fix what is broken, the fact that Los Santos has the highest rate of broke drug dealers?...

Most drug dealers are broke, though. Only the first-hand narcotics dealers and OGs make most of the wealth in the real world. Narcotics distribution is rarely profitable for people that are simply selling dime-bags out in the street.

1 minute ago, Bandolero said:

How many times have you been robbed on that character? In what areas are you being robbed in? How frequently are you "beat down, strip searched and told to shut up" in a robbery?

Unfortunately in robberies, the person robbing you is not a nice person. Wow, imagine that? The person that wants your personal possessions for his/hers personal gain told you to shut up and beat you up because you probably resisted or said a stupid comment for you to deserve a beating. This game a simulation of real life, this shit happens IRL. If you feel uncomfortable with being robbed then you should move houses, move to a crime free area with Gruppe 6 patrols to make sure you're safe.

If someone is robbing every 45 minutes, make a report or make a rule to limit someone from robbing within a certain period of time if it's that bad. Or even better yet, lets make an appeal section where someone has to request the "Robber" job where only they can rob people, we'll limit it to only 5 people out of the 500 player base so that it's extremely rare that you'll get robbed. Oh, how about this, lets remove robbing all together so that we're all safe and sound at night, lets make companies like Gruppe 6 lose income because you know for a fact there's 0 chance you'll get robbed so their patrol services are no longer needed.

Five pages of debating about something that will never change unless you stop it all together won't help. Suggest realistic rules or ideas that'll benefit everyone and not stories about how you was robbed or how sad it makes you.

yo chill..you going too far. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, MCB666 said:

yo chill..you going too far. 

Nah, he ain't gone far enough.  Too many people want their RP life to be perfect.  Doesn't happen.  There's good and bad in RP, just like in real life.  No need to make crime against the rules.  A character's life isn't what you make it look like on Menyoo, so why does everyone keep pretending it is?  

Edited by Bryar1427
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

How many times have you been robbed on that character?

It is almost a weekly occurrence.

In what areas are you being robbed in?

Vinewood hills, little Seoul, Vespucci beach, Mission Row, and on one occasion an open highway.

How frequently are you "beat down, strip searched and told to shut up" in a robbery?

Almost regularly, usually after I decline via /b the ((/SHOWINV NOW)) requests even despite trying to tell them IC that I want to hand over the stuff they want.

Unfortunately in robberies, the person robbing you is not a nice person. Wow, imagine that?

Unfortunately, when being physically and violently assaulted, the victim may consider running away a better option to potentially being killed. Wow, imagine that?

Unfortunately, the extent the OOC fear for life rules is pushed to control the victim, the more it flies in the face of the reason it was implemented. At what point does it stop? When they start chopping limbs off? When they start lining up and executing the others?

The CK penalty should apply only so long as the escalation during a mugging remains realistic.

That said, I need to emphasize, I am not suggesting this is how all criminals act. This is an experience with a very limited section of the criminal roleplayed community. There are people who can carry out 'fun' muggings. They are just in short supply.

Edited by DasFroggy