Robbery Roleplay

ThomasNoman

9 minutes ago, varrio bangin said:

I'm speaking of people contacting people OOCly to help them out, like on Discord, and then stall the situation by prolonging it intentionally for their friends to come. Anything else from that I don't see a problem with.

Yeah yeah, I know, and I understand it's a reality, it just sucks that those of us who are willing to cooperate but just want to get some RP out of it that doesn't involve a gang of people yelling in your face until you are just shut down to nothing because there's OOC intent on both sides a lot of the time.

10 minutes ago, varrio bangin said:

I'm just initially saying, at some point you'd have to adapt to your surroundings and understand that Rancho's an overly aggressive and political neighborhood. That's all.

And I'm fine with that, but what I'm trying to convey (as someone from an overly aggressive, political neighborhood IRL) is that if illegal RPers in the south see people who are obviously trying to comply and be part of the scene as locals victims to local crime, that they also throw people a bone when they show willingness. There's already little enough for civilians to do in Rancho if you choose not to be involved in gang life as it is, I'd like to at least have a little breathing space. Many people have been great at this, my character's neighbours chill with him and just go along with their particular lives, but there's just so many people on the server with different playtimes that it feels like as a civvie it just takes literal weeks of going out and getting the short end of the stick every time until people accept that you're just a local living their life.

2 hours ago, Akiba said:

I couldn't find the rule for /showitems, I must be blind. I wish I knew that though, I was robbed and they kept spamming /showitems in my PMs.

It’s not in the server rules, but there are multiple instances in the reports section where admins have said in a general sense, that /showitems is not mandatory during a robbery. 

Edited by Juicebox

I haven't witnessed anyone get CK'd for not responding to a robbery appropriately - but if that does happen, I've got another addition to the list.

A CK for robbers who're killed in the commission of a robbery.

Couple that with your 40 hour requirement, now you've got some skin in the game and something to risk - as opposed to losing, what, a gun and a mask max?

37 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Imagine roleplaying a robber who is clumsy, nervously fumbles their gun during the robbery, messes up pretty badly due to their lack of knowledge and experience and ends up being taken down instead. I'm probably asking for too much. 

*Robber is a well trained guy, he holds the gun like John Wick does, he is fearless, best of the best, undefeated*

4 minutes later:

The victim is shot, Robber doesn't give a fuck about psychic problems or going to jail.

Every robber I ever encountered they were John Wicks serial killer version

7 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

I haven't witnessed anyone get CK'd for not responding to a robbery appropriately - but if that does happen, I've got another addition to the list.

Couple that with your 40 hour requirement, now you've got some skin in the game and something to risk - as opposed to losing, what, a gun and a mask max?

It is part of the fear for life rules - if you do not comply out of fear and you are killed as a result, it can be treated as a CK. 

Honestly, there should be an allowance for fleeing, bit alas, the rules strictly require -only- cooperation to avoid a CK. It is painfully one-sided.

That said, I am also aware that many of these problems are a result of a very specific portion of both sides. Some people do genuinely stall, and some muggers genuinely engage in questionable robbery tactics. The rules could use some revision to combat these issues.

17 minutes ago, bluez said:

??????????????

Literally look at the video. Imagine that happening in real life anywhere ever. "Ayo see those two random white folk making a snowman on their front lawn? Lets rob 'em while standing in the middle of a well lit cul-de-sac with witnesses all around". 

This is how it looks when you see death squads in nice neighbourhoods robbing people on their front lawns:

MoonDrivebySmall.png

Edited by Sush
16 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

You'd single handedly kill any form of robbery RP all together. 9 times out of 10. The people that you'll be robbing are legal characters, that have PF licenses or CCWs. 9 times out of 10 they will NOT comply and would rather die than give up their precious gun or items. The discussions that everyone is having right now on how to "resolve" robbery RP is pointless.

I do like the idea of where someone needs to have 40 hours on their character before robbing, that's a good idea. Reduce the amount of money a robber can take from your hand because being able to take 5 grand is a bit nuts, in the servers current economic state. The discussion about robbers patting people down is again pointless.

Ofc robberies IRL take less that a minute if that. This isn't RL, people type to respond to actions. A robbery in GTA W can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes, anyone can try tell me otherwise but I know they're talking shit. Majority of the time the person being robbed will intentionally delay their responses in hopes of police, a random person or their friend to spot them being robbed and help. Hence why the "pat down" culture has always been around since I first began RPing years ago, it won't change now and I don't think it ever will. It all comes down to the person being robbed and how they respond. The person robbing and how realistic they take the robbery, we have a report section for poor portrayal of a character for a reason, we have a report section for a reason. Not saying that should be your first go to when you get robbed but it's there. Most robberies that I've ever conducted has been against illegal characters, illegal characters know the drill and won't even risk to the chance of being gunned down or stabbed just for a few items that they can get back. The worst experiences I've had seemingly are with legal roleplayers as many have explained already in previous pages, people just don't like losing. Its a natural thing and no matter what you do the play to win mentality will always be there.

A few additions to the rules for RP surrounding robberies will make people feel a bit better and safer. 40 hours minimum before you're allowed to rob, reduce the amount of money the robber can take and enforce harsher rules revolving around that particulars persons development, i.e if they're 18 then they shouldn't really be robbing people like it's normal.

1 minute ago, Sush said:

Literally look at the video. Imagine that happening in real life anywhere ever.

My cousin is doing the maximum sentence for the SAME IDENTICAL robbery except it was a home invasion in the LA County Area.

https://pastebin.com/Na7BDa1C

Here is a pastebin that showcases three videos of home invasions. 

You live in a rich area? Congratulations, you are now a prime target for gangs.