Soccerfield should /NOT/ be able to be ''claimed'' by a gang.

ThatDutchPerson

2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Please provide some decent points on why the road-rage speeders deserve admin enforcement to counter it, but a gang occupying the /ONLY SCRIPTED/ sportsfield is totally kudo's? It's basicly the same situation.

Me being asked to explain this already sums up why this is a bad suggestion.

There is a clear difference between people who willingly drive like retards on the road and provide no roleplay and between a gang or faction occupying an area for their roleplay which can extend to others as well. Weird that you do not see that.

Edited by Tseard
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Record their faces when they are not paying attention, record their plates when they are not paying attention, and maybe undercovers will arrive on scene to investigate their activities if they constantly receive reports of a local gang harassing and threatening people that are wanting to play soccer in the area.

Notify the police when they are hanging out, not paying attention to you. If they run, then the police will chase them. Keep it I.C. and R.P. being a real-life civilian undergoing the struggles of a local gang.

We have politicians for this, as-well... notify your district representative of the issue.

Flaws and conflicts should be enjoyed...

Examine how gang injunctions work, in real life... they heavily harm gangs more frequently than any thing. If any thing, gangs are dismantled through these methods.

I feel like the discussion should've ended right here. This says it all. In real life in crime infested areas people deal with struggles like that as well but since it's not a game there is no admins or suggestions board to save them. This suggestion should simply be dropped.

I'll support a suggestion for more fields, I'm not supporting this one because it's simply not for that.

What I find interesting is that civilian roleplayers are constantly met with: "mallrats get this and that, all they do is club RP" but it's exactly because of things like this where civilian roleplayers can't win.

Same goes for Vespucci skatepark, used to be a fun spot for the BMX/skater community - now you can't go there or you get harassed/robbed/killed. Now that area is dead and void of heavy civilian RP - on a tourist beach.

There's a professional soccer league that's started - are the gangs going to stop an organisations roleplay on that field now?

I understand that this "can" happen in real life but as the argument is brought up - 100% realism doesn't ever work on a roleplay server. There needs to be some leeway and allowing civilians to actually roleplay in areas should have some minor OOC enforcement imo.

Can't go to the whole Davis area (which is fair enough). Can't go to Vespucci skatepark. Can't go to the outside gym. Can't go to the soccer field. Don't even think you can go to Two Hoots Falls anymore.

It gets very frustrating because there's a gang on every corner.

And about the whole gang injunction thing - that is not easy to get. I've sat in a meeting with the DA handing them evidence of murders being commited with videos and photos all taken ICly via dashcam - and nothing could be done about it.

Edited by lux