Soccerfield should /NOT/ be able to be ''claimed'' by a gang.

ThatDutchPerson

This is not a call for a greenzone!

So today I went on to play some soccer at the only scripted soccer field in the state, and I got approached by two dudes (Jacob Ward and Cody Mink).

All fine and dandy, had a nice chat.

Then when I refused to promote their weed dealings to any ''smoking friends'', they said ''you realize this is our field right?''

How are factions/gangs even allowed to claim ownership over this field?

This soccerfield was implemented for everyone to enjoy but appearntly a skinhead faction laid down a claim on it, and intimidates/sends people away that they don't like. How are we supposed to enjoy a nice game of soccer that way.

DO NOTE:
If there were more soccerfields scripted in LS, or more scripted sports even, I wouldn't have this issue.

I'd pack my bags and go elsewhere.

But the soccer field in East Vinewood / Mirror Park is the only playable scripted sport in the server. So how is it allowed for factions to claim it and treat it as their turf like it's Davis or Vespucci?

What am I suggesting?

Option 1: Make the soccer field not claimable by any gang / faction.

Option 2: Implement more sportsfields, perhaps with other sports, so legal roleplayers can still actually go somewhere.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

Take it I.C., in my opinion. Notify the police that a gang is terrorizing soccer players in the area. Notify them that they are selling narcotics to kids in the field, poisoning the area. It'll eventually lead to investigations and injunctions.

It shouldn't be another safe-zone.

Edit: Basketball courts, soccer field etc... are always claimed by gangs in their respective areas, especially when they are outdoor areas. I'd even take it a step further by hiring security to protect soccer players if they are playing in a league or club.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Take it I.C., in my opinion. Notify the police that a gang is terrorizing soccer players in the area. Notify them that they are selling narcotics to kids in the field, poisoning the area. It'll eventually lead to investigations and injunctions.

It shouldn't be another safe-zone.

This is merely a temporary fix before trouble start again.

At this rate, legal roleplayers are yet again victim of illegal roleplay OOCly.

We just want to enjoy a game of actual scripted soccer without being beaten up for ''being on a turf''.

An other solution I'd be satisfied with is the addition of more scripted sports- and sportsfields.

1 minute ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

This is merely a temporary fix before trouble start again.

At this rate, legal roleplayers are yet again victim of illegal roleplay OOCly.

We just want to enjoy a game of actual scripted soccer without being beaten up for ''being on a turf''.

An other solution I'd be satisfied with is the addition of more scripted sports- and sportsfields.

Gang injunctions are a temporary fix? Not at all. Every single time that they are observed hanging out, over there, then they'll be arrested. 

It's not OOCly when you're playing soccer, ICly.

To the illegal RPer, you're interrupting their I.C. roleplay for O.O.C. interests by forming this suggestion.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

Gang injunctions are a temporary fix? Not at all. Every single time that they are observed hanging out, over there, then they'll be arrested. 

It's not OOCly when you're playing soccer, ICly.

When the cops show up they just hide. A gang injunction doesn't do anything meaningfull apart from the government saying ''hey you cant hangout here''.

Its ICly when playing soccer, true. But this is an OOC issue because it is the only scripted soccer in the game.

Thats why I'd also be satisfied with more scripted sports- and sportsfields.

4 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

"When the cops show up they just hide. A gang injunction doesn't do anything meaningfull apart from the government saying ''hey you cant hangout here''."

Record their faces when they are not paying attention, record their plates when they are not paying attention, and maybe undercovers will arrive on scene to investigate their activities if they constantly receive reports of a local gang harassing and threatening people that are wanting to play soccer in the area.

Notify the police when they are hanging out, not paying attention to you. If they run, then the police will chase them. Keep it I.C. and R.P. being a real-life civilian undergoing the struggles of a local gang.

We have politicians for this, as-well... notify your district representative of the issue.

Flaws and conflicts should be enjoyed...

Examine how gang injunctions work, in real life... they heavily harm gangs more frequently than any thing. If any thing, gangs are dismantled through these methods.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Record their faces when they are not paying attention, record their plates when they are not paying attention, and maybe undercovers will arrive on scene to investigate their activities if they constantly receive reports of a local gang harassing and threatening people that are wanting to play soccer in the area.

Notify the police when they are hanging out, not paying attention to you. If they run, then the police will chase them. Keep it I.C. and R.P. being a real-life civilian undergoing the struggles of a local gang.

We have politicians for this, as-well... notify your district representative of the issue.

Right, Im not here to discuss the finer prints of a gang injunction nor to open a debate about roleplaying fear or about how politicians are already failing with Davis / Vespucci, so let alone adding an other problem on their plate which is an OOC issue in the first place.

It's simply put a terrible dick move OOCly because you know every player in the server likes to use the only scripted sportsfield in the game.

Again, either implement a rule against claiming the soccer field, OR script more sportsfields inside LS and Blaine County.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
5 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Right, Im not here to discuss the finer prints of a gang injunction nor to open a debate about roleplaying fear or about how politicians are already failing with Davis / Vespucci, so let alone adding an other problem on their plate which is an OOC issue in the first place.

It's simply put a terrible dick move OOCly because you know every player in the server likes to use the only scripted sportsfield in the game.

Again, either implement a rule against claiming the soccer field, OR script more sportsfields inside LS and Blaine County.

"... script more sportsfields inside LS and Blaine County."

I support this suggestion rather than the original post.

-1 for me on this suggestion.

P.S. Politicians failing with the issues in Davis/Vespucci is an I.C. issue, not an O.O.C. issue. Their district representatives remain active on their characters. Speak to them... organize a protest. This is civilian life. 

What's next? Banning crimes near stores that are open? Banning crimes by the fishing areas? 

Edited by DLimit