Update the phone store with new phones

Y3

The newest phone in the store, the iPhone XS, was released over two years ago. Although it's a rather plain update, I think it'd act as a good stimulation for the player economy and something new for players to collect/steal/whatever they do with phones.

I'll provide some models and according prices for the proposed phone update, following in accordance to the existing prices.

For high end:

Galaxy Flip Z - 11,000

iPhone 12 Pro Max - 10,000

Note 20 Ultra - 10,000

OnePlus 8 - 9,000

Galaxy S20 Ultra - 8,000

iPhone 12 Mini - 7,000

Pixel 5 - 7,000

For low end:

iPhone SE - 1,800

Moto G 5G Plus - 1,400

BlackBerry Classic - 1,100

iPhone 6 - 850

Motorolla Razr - 500

Is this a dire update? No. But I think it'll be fun, and it'll affect everyone. Plus we'll see an entirely new wave of Facebrowser thots editing in their new phone models, and that just means alot to me.

Edited by Mfinda
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1

I agree that there should be new phones in the store, but I think these should be overhauled to be lore friendly. We have Vapid Victors instead of Ford Crown Victorias, and we have Alamo's instead of Tahoes, so why do we have Apple iPhone's and not iFruit and Badger phones?

28 minutes ago, Jura said:

Make them lore-friendly then sure.

Lore friendly companies are as follows:

iFruit (iPhone)

Panoramic (Panasonic)

Facade (Microsoft)

bitterSweet (Blackberry)

badger (T-Mobile?)

5 hours ago, joe said:

I agree that there should be new phones in the store, but I think these should be overhauled to be lore friendly. We have Vapid Victors instead of Ford Crown Victorias, and we have Alamo's instead of Tahoes, so why do we have Apple iPhone's and not iFruit and Badger phones?

no. why does everything have to be so "lore friendly" to people? Do we live in the United States of America or is it the American Union of States? This is a fictional states in a real world. The car names was a compromise because every car in GTA 5 takes inspiration from 2 or more real life cars. That way, someone could call the Buffalo a 06 Charger or a Mustang and they'd both be right. We're trying to simulate the REAL WORLD, not a fantasy copy. People smoke crack, not Magic Shebang Rock. Even the cigarette and alcohol brands are borderline too saritical to be used in a serious RP environment. 

Other than that, support.

3 hours ago, Edward_Ramos said:

no. why does everything have to be so "lore friendly" to people? Do we live in the United States of America or is it the American Union of States? This is a fictional states in a real world. The car names was a compromise because every car in GTA 5 takes inspiration from 2 or more real life cars. That way, someone could call the Buffalo a 06 Charger or a Mustang and they'd both be right. We're trying to simulate the REAL WORLD, not a fantasy copy. People smoke crack, not Magic Shebang Rock. Even the cigarette and alcohol brands are borderline too saritical to be used in a serious RP environment. 

Other than that, support.

I can't see how it can be logically justified to have some things lore friendly and others not - it makes more sense to stick with one rather than the other. Lore friendly names help us retain focus on the principle that this is a video game; using common names which are unique to the game makes more sense in this case. This isn't the United States of America, this is the fictional state of San Andreas.

I still firmly believe these phone devices, and all other objects which do have lore-friendly equivalents of their real-life counterparts, should have lore-friendly names on GTA World.

Edited by joe
  • mj2002 locked this topic